Summer Rebuild

1897 posts
Lacoste

Re: Summer Rebuild

by Lacoste » 24 Jul 2015 13:13

linkenholtroyal Has anyone fought of Jon Flanagan at Liverpool he needs to regain fitness after long term injury and Liverpool is swamped at RB it may give us cover even if it is on loan?? looked gd before injury

Another clueless post :lol:

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 24 Jul 2015 14:17

linkenholtroyal Has anyone fought of Jon Flanagan
No allegations have been made AFAIK.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 24 Jul 2015 15:55

No he was just too strong and overpowered me.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Jul 2015 23:18

Royal Ginger

No he was just too strong and overpowered me.

But you tried to beat him off?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 Jul 2015 18:35

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 28 Jul 2015 12:21

I still think there's a way to go until we're looking strong, despite some very good additions so far, and surprisingly, some consistent game time for Mr Ferdinand.

I think the squad now looks something like (not saying the order is necessarily Clarkes pecking order but there or there abouts)

GK: Bond, Al Habsie, Moore
RB: Gunter, Keown, Long
LB: Obita, Griffin
CB: Hector, McShane, Ferdinand, Cooper, Keown
CM: Williams, Quinn, Norwood, Kuhl, Tshibola, Akpan
RW: McLeary, Blackman, Stacey
LW: Robson-Kanu, Fosu, Taylor
CF: Pogrebnyak, Sa, Samuel, Cox, Novakovich

For me that still looks weak out wide and without a great deal of depth. I'm still expecting Clarke to get into the loan market a fair amount but it's getting a little late in the day to be adding that extra quality.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 03 Aug 2015 13:14

Great to see Hurtado is arriving, team is shaping up nicely. Another striker and CM player and I think we're there for now.

Really could do with cover at full back but i'm sure that will come in the new year/next summer and we can't rebuild the whole squad in one summer.

Real shame about the McClearly injury.

6 new signings - WOW. We wont see the team start to take shape until after the first international break I wouldn't have thought.

Bond in goal for me.

If we can manage to get these two extra players in and shift some more of the dead wood, it would have been an incredible summers work. Of course it will only prove a good summer if results follow but quite literally, next season is impossible to predict.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 04 Aug 2015 14:23

Lacoste 6 new signings - WOW. We wont see the team start to take shape until after the first international break I wouldn't have thought.

*McCleary. Why do you struggle with that so much?

Also, can't wait to see the magnificent seven complete. :mrgreen:

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 05 Aug 2015 21:40

So now we have Taylor there's only a few positions we need to fill. Even if we sign Hurtado, I still think we need:

Right back cover for Gunter
One more winger (McCleary, HRK, Hurtado)
A ball winning Midfielder
A pacy striker

I'd love us to get De Andre Yedlin on loan as he would be great either at full back or wide right, Anthony Annan would be within our wage bracket, is available on a free and has something to prove. Dwight Gayle still hasn't joined Fulham but it seems he's out our reach...

Perhaps Clarke is waiting to see if he can get one of Chelsea's youngsters again? Nathan Ake or Chalobah again? Even perhaps Oriol Romeu?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 Aug 2015 22:06

With a left back in I'm happy. The business hasn't necessarily been perfect or solved all our problems, but it's been a big step that way.

GK: Bond, Al Habsi, Moore
RB: Gunter, Keown, Griffin
LB: Obita, A Taylor, Long
CB: Hector, Cooper, Keown
CB: Ferdinand, McShane, Sweeney
CM: Quinn, Tshibola, Akpan
CM: Williams, Norwood, J Taylor
RW: McCleary, Blackman, Stacey, J Taylor
LW: HRK, Fosu, Quinn, Obita
ST: Pogrebnyak, Sa, HRK
ST: Samuel, Cox, Novakovich

Another striker wouldn't go amiss and some short term cover for McCleary and HRK, or a short term central midfielder to let us more comfortably use Quinn wide left.

It's a lot better balanced than last year. Another summer window to get rid of Pog, HRK, Akpan, Blackman and maybe Cox and J Taylor and replace them with positive influences who'll contribute their worth and we could be looking back towards the top six. The foundation is definitely there. And I think we've got too much deadwood to shift in attack to really make a huge difference there yet.

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 06 Aug 2015 09:59

Clarke insists he wants two more, and with the club in talks with Hurtado and Fernandez, that probably means we're happy up front even though Nigel Howe said 'he' wanted two more strikers in.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 06 Aug 2015 10:11

Coppelled_Streets Clarke insists he wants two more, and with the club in talks with Hurtado and Fernandez, that probably means we're happy up front even though Nigel Howe said 'he' wanted two more strikers in.

Pretty sure we'll sign a striker.

mikey0406

by mikey0406 » 06 Aug 2015 10:21

Wow most exciting pre season in terms of numbers in I have seen, still sure we will get a sneaky loan from Chelsea and one more striker, then if we do lose peripheral players between now and the window shutting we have cover :)

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 06 Aug 2015 14:01

Just read the pundits write up on the new season on get reading, just wondering what David beddows or Rotherham local paper has against us, he's the only one that thinks we will be relegated, what have we done to offend Rotherham??

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 06 Aug 2015 14:21

linkenholtroyal what have we done to offend Rotherham??
Pinched Adam Le Fondre from them?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 06 Aug 2015 14:51

linkenholtroyal Just read the pundits write up on the new season on get reading, just wondering what David beddows or Rotherham local paper has against us, he's the only one that thinks we will be relegated, what have we done to offend Rotherham??

I think it might just be due to our hopeless performance up there last season, which wasn't Championship standard in fairness. I'll let him off this time.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 06 Aug 2015 15:48

We still have no cover at right back do we? Surely Keown and Long are not ready?

I guess we could wait to get an 'emergency loan'?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 06 Aug 2015 16:01

PistolPete We still have no cover at right back do we? Surely Keown and Long are not ready?

I guess we could wait to get an 'emergency loan'?

Who knows, Keown has had a decent pre-season, perhaps it's been enough to suggest he can provide right back cover this season.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 06 Aug 2015 16:36

according to Clarke ( I am guessing he is a guy in the know) he is happy with the defence and this an area he doesn't want to strengthen anymore.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Aug 2015 17:31

linkenholtroyal Just read the pundits write up on the new season on get reading, just wondering what David beddows or Rotherham local paper has against us, he's the only one that thinks we will be relegated, what have we done to offend Rotherham??

Has he picked Rotherham to go down? If not a desperate hope that we'll save them maybe.

1897 posts