Expectations for next season

Delboy

Expectations for next season

by Delboy » 29 Apr 2015 19:18

For me the jury is still out on Steve Clarke, although he gave us one of the best days out as a fan at Wembley. Rome was not built in a day, so I do not expect promotion next season, I do expect a target of top 10 by Xmas should be our aim, if not we have the wrong manager!

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Expectations for next season

by Royal_jimmy » 29 Apr 2015 20:06

I am expecting another season of struggle and I will tell you why..

Most of our awful overpaid players are not out of contract until next summer. I think we will score more goals and I expect us too, I do not think we'll be great defensively as I can see a club offering good money for Hector.

I think we'll see a bit more of Samuels, Tshibola, Kuhl. Stacey and Tanner next season too.

I expect a finish between 15th and 20th. If we finish in the top half I would see it as a good achievement.

janesdaddy

by janesdaddy » 29 Apr 2015 20:10

I wish I had Dave-Royal's optimism. Sadly, after the poor performances during most of this season, I can only hope that we don't get relegated next season. Top half of the table would be nice, but seems unrealistic at this time, regardless of who the manager is.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 29 Apr 2015 20:12

Dave-Royal
Delboy For me the jury is still out on Steve Clarke, although he gave us one of the best days out as a fan at Wembley. Rome was not built in a day, so I do not expect promotion next season, I do expect a target of top 10 by Xmas should be our aim, if not we have the wrong manager!

PLAY off NEXT season ...... Play off Final at wembely,, And Clarke is the one who will do good job with his Own player I have faith :wink:

Is this the very same Dave-royal that posted Clarke out during the Rotherham match thread last night?

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 29 Apr 2015 20:15

Dave-Royal
Royal_jimmy I am expecting another season of struggle and I will tell you why..

Most of our awful overpaid players are not out of contract until next summer. I think we will score more goals and I expect us too, I do not think we'll be great defensively as I can see a club offering good money for Hector.

I think we'll see a bit more of Samuels, Tshibola, Kuhl. Stacey and Tanner next season too.

I expect a finish between 15th and 20th. If we finish in the top half I would see it as a good achievement.

WRONG WRONG WRONG u say Most of our awful overpaid players are not out of contract until next summer.

Dave say No there are Not our awful overpaid players are not out of contract until this summer.

U are a RE)tard

Can someone please translate this for me?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 29 Apr 2015 20:24

windermere_royal
Dave-Royal
Delboy For me the jury is still out on Steve Clarke, although he gave us one of the best days out as a fan at Wembley. Rome was not built in a day, so I do not expect promotion next season, I do expect a target of top 10 by Xmas should be our aim, if not we have the wrong manager!

PLAY off NEXT season ...... Play off Final at wembely,, And Clarke is the one who will do good job with his Own player I have faith :wink:

Is this the very same Dave-royal that posted Clarke out during the Rotherham match thread last night?

There are 2 Dave Royals, apparently, so says Dave. Which one not sure.

Readars

by Readars » 29 Apr 2015 21:29

Im so despondent after this season that on a bad day relegation to the Conference South is where I think we will end up.

Or on a good day I think automatic promotion.

The trouble is most days are bad!!!

gdroyal

by gdroyal » 29 Apr 2015 21:35

After watching them last night, I'm not expecting miracles from what will probably be a very inexperienced side

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Apr 2015 21:38

With a good transfer window - max 12th - call it 15th
Without a good transfer window - max 18th - call it 23rd

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 29 Apr 2015 21:43

An improvement on this season. A mid-table finish around 10th-14th would be nice. I really can't see us getting into the play-offs and certainly automatic is an absolute pipe-dream. I just can't see some of the quality players who may go (Pearce, Feds, Jem etc) being replaced with anyone better....as we can't afford them!

Royalcop

by Royalcop » 29 Apr 2015 23:49

I think the beauty of the Championship is it's generally so open anyone who can engender some spirit and confidence can make a strong push for promotion. Whether Clarke can instil those attributes in our squad remains to be seen. Most fans' expectations will be moulded by our transfer activity during the summer.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 30 Apr 2015 07:43

I'd like Parky to take over here I really would. If that happens I don't care where we finish if it's between 1st and 21st

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 30 Apr 2015 07:52

How can you answer this question without knowing the team we will have next season??

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 30 Apr 2015 08:45

Haag Royal How can you answer this question without knowing the team we will have next season??

Agreed.

Will the keeper still be Federici, or could it be Andersen (a clear step down) or even Lincoln, or some fourth, as yet unknown keeper

That alone could mean a ten-point difference from best to worst?

Will we keep Hector, who will improve, or does he go and we have to get in at least one new CB

Does Pearce stay, does he go? Who will replace him? Is Cooper ready to be one of our first choice CBs

We could do this for almost every position

Then add in whether we swing half-pay deals to get rid of the overpaid players, add in whether Jem says or goes, whether 1-2-3 kids step up and are good enough...

It's LUDICROUS to even speculate.

In a month/six weeks time it might start to get clearer. MIGHT

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 30 Apr 2015 09:00

My expectation is that we'll have a new manager by Xmas ...

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 30 Apr 2015 09:06

Never too early to speculate.
My expectations are to be challenging for promotion, some games where we whip the oppopposition, and a decent cup game or two. Same as every season really.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 30 Apr 2015 09:13

Not great I'm afraid. I expect Clarke to be sacked by December.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 30 Apr 2015 09:47

Sanguine Not great I'm afraid. I expect Clarke to be sacked by December.

^^^^ This

Can't see him playing the youngsters, just chasing more mercenaries

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 30 Apr 2015 10:02

My expectation is mid-table, same as last season, I would say winning as many as we lose at the very least will mark a good turn around from this season.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Apr 2015 10:02

I'm not particularly positive that we will have a great summer. I can see us going down next season, I really can. We will be nowhere near promotion, I can guarantee that.