CONFIMRED - Akpan to Blackburn

by Platypuss » 10 Aug 2015 08:18

Lacoste

Re: RUMOUR - Akpan to Blackburn

by Lacoste » 10 Aug 2015 08:32

Please!!!!!

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 10 Aug 2015 08:41

shouldn't command a place in the first team squad this season. norwood, tish, Williams, Quinn and the new guy ahead of him. Not good enough at this level, and always seems to put us under more pressure with his terrible first touch and backwards passing.

A new start might be best for everyone

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 10 Aug 2015 09:19

gazzer, loyal royal shouldn't command a place in the first team squad this season. norwood, tish, Williams, Quinn and the new guy ahead of him. Not good enough at this level, and always seems to put us under more pressure with his terrible first touch and backwards passing.

A new start might be best for everyone

You have put that very nicely...

In other words jog on Akpan

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 10 Aug 2015 09:32

He's a terrible player and would be great to get his wages off the books even if it means cancelling his contract. However, is there a Blackburn youth player we could snap up as a player swap to get around their transfer embargo? Either that or 95% of any future (zero) transfer fee. Or Rhodes can't play against us when we play... :D

As an aside, I was trying to find out how much we signed him for and saw this:

The midfielder found himself in trouble with the FA for a homophobic tweet in 2011.
His Twitter account read: 'Gays all over the tele what’s wrong with Britain! Sorry I’m #FullyHomophobic.'

Homophobic is one thing, but to be so stupid as to put it on twitter?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Aug 2015 09:41

Can't fault his effort, just not particularly good. Always looks too nervous. Hopefully a fresh start will do him some good.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 10 Aug 2015 09:59

PistolPete He's a terrible player and would be great to get his wages off the books even if it means cancelling his contract. However, is there a Blackburn youth player we could snap up as a player swap to get around their transfer embargo? Either that or 95% of any future (zero) transfer fee. Or Rhodes can't play against us when we play... :D

The midfielder found himself in trouble with the FA for a homophobic tweet in 2011.
His Twitter account read: 'Gays all over the tele what’s wrong with Britain! Sorry I’m #FullyHomophobic.'

Being homophobic is ok, just don't put it on twitter :?: :shock:
Last edited by paultheroyal on 10 Aug 2015 10:00, edited 1 time in total.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 10 Aug 2015 10:00

Massive loss tbh, letting him go will be the biggest mistake the club has made since selling antonio. This will come back to bite us

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 10 Aug 2015 10:01

WoodleyRoyal Massive loss tbh, letting him go will be the biggest mistake the club has made since selling antonio. This will come back to bite us

:lol: :lol:

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 10 Aug 2015 10:18

PistolPete He's a terrible player and would be great to get his wages off the books even if it means cancelling his contract. However, is there a Blackburn youth player we could snap up as a player swap to get around their transfer embargo? Either that or 95% of any future (zero) transfer fee. Or Rhodes can't play against us when we play... :D

I think he said at the time that someone had got hold of his phone and done it, and that all parties accepted this was the case. He was just told to be more responsible and not allow others on his phone. Whether or not that is true is open for interpretation, but he seems to be fairly intelligent otherwise and is always happy to do the community stuff for the club.

In terms of him moving on, I still think we look a little light in centre mid if he is taken out of the squad. It sounded like Tish was decent on Saturday, and hopefully he will have a big part to play this year, but I'm not sure if he is ready to play every game yet. So, unless we get someone else in, we will not have enough cover if we let Akpan go.

I think he's OK, but a bit too ponderous on the ball at times, and he isn't the type of player to push us towards the top of the table. I think he is adequate as cover, but he probably wants to play more and I imagine if we can get a fee for him, we might go for it. I'd still like to see a replacement come in, though.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 10 Aug 2015 10:26

paultheroyal

Did I say it was ok?

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 10 Aug 2015 10:29

MoorgateRoyal

I think he said at the time that someone had got hold of his phone and done it, and that all parties accepted this was the case. He was just told to be more responsible and not allow others on his phone. Whether or not that is true is open for interpretation, but he seems to be fairly intelligent otherwise and is always happy to do the community stuff for the club.

In terms of him moving on, I still think we look a little light in centre mid if he is taken out of the squad. It sounded like Tish was decent on Saturday, and hopefully he will have a big part to play this year, but I'm not sure if he is ready to play every game yet. So, unless we get someone else in, we will not have enough cover if we let Akpan go.

I think he's OK, but a bit too ponderous on the ball at times, and he isn't the type of player to push us towards the top of the table. I think he is adequate as cover, but he probably wants to play more and I imagine if we can get a fee for him, we might go for it. I'd still like to see a replacement come in, though.

Williams, Norwood, Tshibola, Fernandez (soon), Quinn and if needed Hector.

5 or 6 for 2 central midfield berths is fine.
We can't get a fee from Blackburn, they have a transfer embargo

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 10 Aug 2015 10:38

PistolPete
paultheroyal

Did I say it was ok?

Not sure hence the question mark.

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 10 Aug 2015 10:43

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 10 Aug 2015 10:44

paultheroyal Not sure hence the question mark.

:|

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 10 Aug 2015 11:02

PistolPete We can't get a fee from Blackburn, they have a transfer embargo

Which raises 2 possibilities:

1) It's the only way Blackburn would even consider singing him

or

2) We really would be taking the piss asking for one

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 10 Aug 2015 11:10

PistolPete
5 or 6 for 2 central midfield berths is fine.
We can't get a fee from Blackburn, they have a transfer embargo

I am still not convinced we have enough depth. There's no guarantee we will bring anyone else in now, and we're likely to be using three in the middle instead of two.

So I still think we should keep hold of him for cover, until we can get some more players in.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 10 Aug 2015 11:24

This is fabulous news. Lovely bloke, great athlete, woeful footballer. Didn't come close to fitting in with what Clarke is trying to do here. Might not get a fee but will free up wages for the two guys heading in from southern Europe.

Tish is already 2x the player Akpan ever was.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 10 Aug 2015 11:33

carving out a career as a pundit on Scottish football too

https://twitter.com/HopeAkpan/status/630676465672167424

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 10 Aug 2015 11:38

Coppelled_Streets