CONFIRMED - Michael Hector to Chelsea

323 posts
sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: CONFIRMED - Michael Hector to Chelsea

by sandman » 23 Nov 2015 20:42

Oilroyal Clarke needs popularity votes. Clarke and his Chelsea mate have a convo, leak to the media that Hector is wanted at Chelsea come January. Guess what Clarke convinces Chelsea that the best place for Hector and his development is at Reading, Clarke saves the day. Just ask yourself, the form Hector is in and Chelsea need him back in 6 weeks.. Do me a favour!

Maybe Samrit Thanakanchanasut is one of the Lizard People.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 23 Nov 2015 20:46

Oilroyal Clarke needs popularity votes. Clarke and his Chelsea mate have a convo, leak to the media that Hector is wanted at Chelsea come January. Guess what Clarke convinces Chelsea that the best place for Hector and his development is at Reading, Clarke saves the day. Just ask yourself, the form Hector is in and Chelsea need him back in 6 weeks.. Do me a favour!

Voice of reason in a mad world.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 23 Nov 2015 20:47

sandman

It's just business. Dirty business and entertainment for the masses. Wake up!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 23 Nov 2015 20:50

Oilroyal
sandman

It's just business. Dirty business and entertainment for the masses. Wake up!

Oh I'm wide awake thanks. It is just business and it was just business last week when Clarke went to speak to Fulham.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 23 Nov 2015 22:26

Sandy, So Chelsea gonna shatter your dream and recall Hector? It's all becoming a bit of a joke.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 24 Nov 2015 02:48

Take him back Chelsea.
He is a Chelsea employee, could be under orders not to take any chances with injuries while here.
Get our own players in, not all this loan bollox.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 24 Nov 2015 04:59

Seems a tad farfetched for me, and i love a conspiracy theory...

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 Nov 2015 12:26

Chelsea are looking to bring the young Reading defender Michael Hector back to Stamford Bridge immediately.

The English defender was loaned out after signing for the Premier League champions and has impressed at the Championship club.

Jose Mourinho is thought to be keen on bringing him back after considering side’s defensive problems.

Hector was signed on deadline day for a fee of 4.5 million pounds and is rated highly by the Reading coaches.

Reading executive Samrit Thanakanchanasut has stated that Chelsea have been in touch regarding the young defender and want to bring him back to Stamford Bridge.

Thanakanchanasut told Goal: ‘Chelsea want him back early but I think we’ll retain him as we agreed until the end of the season’.

Initially the Blues were prepared to loan him out and let him develop with more first team football, but injuries and poor form has forced Mourinho to consider alternatives.

Hector is now set to return to Chelsea if the Blues can agree a compensation for an early cancellation of the loan.

The England defender will then be included in Jose Mourinho’s squad and is expected to make the step up to the Premier League this season.

Chelsea’s decision to bring him back makes perfect sense now after the club captain John Terry was stretchered off during the Champions League clash against Maccabi yesterday night.

Za Vas

by Za Vas » 25 Nov 2015 13:39

If we can get an extra bit of dough and sign another defender I'd be up for this.

More than anything I'd be up for the lolz of watching Hector cock up their season even further. The flipside of this is he goes and does really well which is also a positive as its nice seeing Reading academy do well in the Prem.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Nov 2015 13:39

Sutekh Chelsea are looking to bring the young Reading defender Michael Hector back to Stamford Bridge immediately.

The English defender was loaned out after signing for the Premier League champions and has impressed at the Championship club.

:?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 29 Dec 2015 11:02

Anyone still think that we were robbed by only getting £4m for Hector and not the £8m some were demanding for what is a pretty average Championship centre half?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Dec 2015 12:09

Hoop Blah Anyone still think that we were robbed by only getting £4m for Hector and not the £8m some were demanding for what is a pretty average Championship centre half?

I'd say £4m was about his value, but given Hammond and his worth to us £6/7/8m was about right for an asking price for anyone but the big 6, who have such a big draw you can't refuse them for the risk of upsetting the player. Also the return loan clearly reduces the price.

He's a good player not on top form and no where near as bad as his detractors claim.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 29 Dec 2015 12:19

Ian Royal
Hoop Blah Anyone still think that we were robbed by only getting £4m for Hector and not the £8m some were demanding for what is a pretty average Championship centre half?

I'd say £4m was about his value, but given Hammond and his worth to us £6/7/8m was about right for an asking price for anyone but the big 6, who have such a big draw you can't refuse them for the risk of upsetting the player. Also the return loan clearly reduces the price.

He's a good player not on top form and no where near as bad as his detractors claim.

Agreed Ian. I thought he played well yesterday and was a tad unlucky to get booked for the dive (on the replays it looked more like a trip than anything and he did not appeal for a penalty).

4M was probably about right - especially as I doubt he will ever play for Chelsea. It is just a shame we spent most of it on Vydra - although he showed a couple of moments of class yesterday and we can only hope he comes good towards the end of the season.

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 29 Dec 2015 16:13

Yep, our classiest player by miles - is £4m too cheap?.........hindsight will deliver the best answer.

Reminds me a bit of Lescott when he first started out at Wolves.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 29 Dec 2015 17:29

Royalclapper Yep, our classiest player by miles - is £4m too cheap?.........hindsight will deliver the best answer.

Reminds me a bit of Lescott when he first started out at Wolves.

Similar age to Lescott when he signed for Everton, but I don't think Hector is at that level yet.

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 29 Dec 2015 17:34

£4m on this seasons form is a master-stroke!

Moonfish

by Moonfish » 29 Dec 2015 17:40

At least following his dive yesterday we can all be sure of him fitting in at Chelsea! :wink:

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 29 Dec 2015 18:33

andrew1957
Ian Royal

Agreed Ian. I thought he played well yesterday and was a tad unlucky to get booked for the dive (on the replays it looked more like a trip than anything and he did not appeal for a penalty).

4M was probably about right - especially as I doubt he will ever play for Chelsea. It is just a shame we spent most of it on Vydra - although he showed a couple of moments of class yesterday and we can only hope he comes good towards the end of the season.

Agreed thought he played really well. I think when Ferdinand is back we could put him back to his best position as a defensive midfielder. This would allow Norwood to move further forward and Quinn becomes the box to box midfielder. I really don't think Williams is that good. He can't tackle, has poor ball control but has heart and energy. Good to bring on as an impact sub as when he overruns the ball the opposition will be too tired to catch up!

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 29 Dec 2015 20:04

Ian Royal

Didn't he have a 4m buy-out clause in the new contract he signed last January, hence we were unlikely to get more than that?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Dec 2015 23:04

3points
Ian Royal

Didn't he have a 4m buy-out clause in the new contract he signed last January, hence we were unlikely to get more than that?

No idea, and I doubt anyone else outside the club actually knows his contract clauses either.

323 posts