Pathetic

genome
Hob Nob Legend

Pathetic

by genome » 22 Aug 2015 19:34

The morons who booed today - don't bother coming to games again.

We played some good stuff, another clean sheet, unbeaten in four - and that's two goals conceded in over six hours of football. Get behind the team and when the goals start coming, we'll be top half this season.

Get a fcuking grip.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Pathetic

by sandman » 22 Aug 2015 19:36

Didn't agree with it but it's just the frustration of the last few years imo.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 22 Aug 2015 19:40

So damn true, we will play a lot worse and win games this season, booing won`t solve a thing.
Having said that the lack of a goal in 11 hours of home football is a big concern,
We look a good team until we get to the final third, solid defence and good holding midfield.
All we need is the final part of the jig-saw

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Aug 2015 19:52

Unfortunately, people are aware of how few games we've won recently and how poor our scoring record is at home. Lots of signings in the summer and so they expected better only to be disappointed again - which just makes it worse. I don't agree with it and it's disappointing, but it's just the way it is with a certain sort of fan.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 22 Aug 2015 20:07

I will put my hand up and say that i booed today.

Not due to the performance but because it's another home game where we haven't scored. That's 13 times in the last 17 home games where we haven't scored including the last 6 games. Sorry but that is just not good enough at all. I pay my hard earned money to watch games and I want my local team go be scoring goals whether we win lose or draw.

We are too negative at home and I find it boring to watch.

Willos

by Willos » 22 Aug 2015 20:12

Royal_jimmy I will put my hand up and say that i booed today.

Not due to the performance but because it's another home game where we haven't scored. That's 13 times in the last 17 home games where we haven't scored including the last 6 games. Sorry but that is just not good enough at all. I pay my hard earned money to watch games and I want my local team go be scoring goals whether we win lose or draw.

Goals aside, you actually think we were negative today? personally I disagree, I thought we created quite a few chances and the football on show is far better than last season so definately reasons to be more positive once the goal scoring gets addressed.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 22 Aug 2015 20:24

Willos

Goals aside, you actually think we were negative today? personally I disagree, I thought we created quite a few chances and the football on show is far better than last season so definately reasons to be more positive once the goal scoring gets addressed.

Yes I did. Except Blackman and Williams no one tried a shot when we were in good shooting positions instead we passed it wide or backwards.

In general we don't run enough or up the tempo and force the opposition like we use to under McDermott either.

Not disagreeing that we played ok today though.

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 22 Aug 2015 20:29

The booing was completely unnecessary, what do you want, the team to play worse?

If we start losing or keep not scoring, with all players fit and ready, then go for it, boo-urns your hearts out, but the team played good oxf*rd football today, a bit negative yes, but the defence looks fantastic and we are playing without out and out wingers.

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 22 Aug 2015 20:35

genome The morons who booed today - don't bother coming to games again.

We played some good stuff, another clean sheet, unbeaten in four - and that's two goals conceded in over six hours of football. Get behind the team and when the goals start coming, we'll be top half this season.

Get a fcuking grip.

I second that emotion!

Za Vas

by Za Vas » 22 Aug 2015 20:35

Royal_jimmy no one tried a shot

Stopped reading at this point.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 22 Aug 2015 20:36

You're a oxf*rd idiot. I assume you weren't in attendance of too many games in the elm park era? Or even early Madejski days? Losing 3-0 at home to Wimbledon on boxing day warrants some sort of fan backlash. Drawing 0-0 in the 2nd home game of the season doesn't.

Willos

by Willos » 22 Aug 2015 20:43

Royal_jimmy
Yes I did. Except Blackman and Williams no one tried a shot when we were in good shooting positions instead we passed it wide or backwards.

In general we don't run enough or up the tempo and force the opposition like we use to under McDermott either.

Not disagreeing that we played ok today though.

Fair enough but under McDermott I personally thought we invited too much pressure and sat back way too deep looking to hit teams on the break, wasnt particularly enjoyable to watch imo but can't argue we got promoted under him however we were massively found out at prem level playing in that style. Under SC we seem to be doing things right building from the back and once the goals get sorted we are looking at a very decent team, especially considering the genuine wingers to come into the team.

The outlook is much more promising imho but patience is necessary whilst injuries and new players come in.

OldBiscuit

by OldBiscuit » 22 Aug 2015 22:41

Oh the irony of that last line! Let's get one thing straight........only morons boo!

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 22 Aug 2015 22:48

Royal_jimmy We are too negative at home and I find it boring to watch.

Plenty of other teams to go and watch.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 22 Aug 2015 22:55

Willos Under SC we seem to be doing things right building from the back and once the goals get sorted we are looking at a very decent team, especially considering the genuine wingers to come into the team.

The outlook is much more promising imho but patience is necessary whilst injuries and new players come in.

Pretty much this.

I haven't seen the stats but I suspect that we have by far the highest number of shots this season in the Chumpionship. We just need to convert.

Interesting comment from Karl Robinson on Radio Berks after the game, though. He said something to the effect of: "Lots of shots but they were all outside the area..... we were comfortable - except when Williams was driving at us."

Yes, we need width - GMac, Fosu, Peruvian chappy.

Oh, Robinson also said, paraphrased: "Norwood is, without a doubt, the most creative, hard working midfield player we have come up against this season - and we've played four very good teams."

We'll be more than alright this season.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 22 Aug 2015 23:14

OldBiscuit

Oh the irony of that last line! Let's get one thing straight........only morons boo!

Agreed. Shame on Dave Royal for booing.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 22 Aug 2015 23:43

pathetic Is correct.
Clarke has sorted defence. Team looks organised and well drilled. Solid.
Midfield looks hard to play through and creative. Sa looks great, holds up well.

Absolutely no need for booing.
Dickheads

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Aug 2015 03:20

I can understand it at home where something like 14 games in the last 17 we have failed to score which is absolutely pathetic

Certainly don't agree with the booing though but then they pay their money and they're entitled to their opinion.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 23 Aug 2015 10:39

melonhead pathetic Is correct.
Clarke has sorted defence. Team looks organised and well drilled. Solid.
Midfield looks hard to play through and creative. Sa looks great, holds up well.

Absolutely no need for booing.
Dickheads

Sa looks great?!?

:lol:

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 23 Aug 2015 11:23

The fact is we ended last season without scoring in 11 of the last 15 home league games.

Did we go out and buy a goalscorer over the following 16 weeks?
No.

We've now got 10 days before the window shuts.
Perhaps those booing were indicating that they're not prepared to sit through 23 0-0s this season and the Thais need to open their oxf*rd chequebook and sign a striker.