BFTG - Bristol

RoyalRuss86

Re: BFTG - Bristol

by RoyalRuss86 » 25 Sep 2015 09:23

madstadblues Interesting article from Leroy Rosenior writing about Bristol City's performance

Q1) Who was that player ?
Q2) How does he know ?

"It will be no surprise to anyone to hear me say that the other thing Steve needs is some new players – but when Reading had a player on the pitch earning £40,000 per week who, in my opinion, is not very good, that shows you the nightmare scenario he is faced with in the transfer market.

There is a guy here on Premier League money who is not a Premier League-standard player by any stretch of the imagination and is somebody I don't believe would strengthen City's side. That is where we are at in the Championship these days.
"

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/LEORY-ROSE ... story.html

Maybe Vydra?

Knows because they were probably in for him too but didn't want to pay the big loan fee and large wages?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Sep 2015 10:01

Hang on, wasn't Cotterill throwing ridiculous bids for strikers around all summer? I am sure City have more money than us if they can do that. Unless they were Gylfi type bids and not really serious.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 25 Sep 2015 11:16

madstadblues Interesting article from Leroy Rosenior writing about Bristol City's performance

Q2) How does he know ?

"It will be no surprise to anyone to hear me say that the other thing Steve needs is some new players – but when Reading had a player on the pitch earning £40,000 per week who, in my opinion, is not very good, that shows you the nightmare scenario he is faced with in the transfer market.

There is a guy here on Premier League money who is not a Premier League-standard player by any stretch of the imagination and is somebody I don't believe would strengthen City's side. That is where we are at in the Championship these days.
"

Probably one of the back line. Gunter and McShane both have reputations as calamity players and have the experience to command a big wage. Hector's just signed for Chelsea and isn't in very good form, so it's probably him.

If we really want to speculate, I believe three of our players are former team mates of Rosenior's son. They're the only three I can see him having an idea about how much they are on. Still think he's talking out of the wrong orifice.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 25 Sep 2015 13:44

genome Hang on, wasn't Cotterill throwing ridiculous bids for strikers around all summer? I am sure City have more money than us if they can do that. Unless they were Gylfi type bids and not really serious.

Cotterill said that the wages demanded by the strikers he tried to sign were doable but too much in his view. More likely that with the cost of the Ashton Gate rebuild there is not much money for wages. Cynical City fans say that although they agreed big fees with clubs for strikers they probably knew that they would not meet their wages demands and it was a PR exercise.
"I did it with Crystal Palace and Brentford, to no avail in the end. Those were hard negotiations with chairmen and directors of football over a couple of days and they were hard deals to thrash out. When you end up not getting those deals over the line, it is frustrating.

"Those wages might have been do-able, but I didn't think they were particularly right. That's fine. One of them has gone and found a good home and we move on.

Read more: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/BRISTOL-CI ... z3mkmqixvF
Follow us: @BristolPost on Twitter | bristolpost on Facebook

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 28 Sep 2015 02:55

Armadillo Roadkill He's here. He's there. He's every Oxford where. Mr. Ashton!

Mr Ashton, what a w@nker, what a w@nker!

toppy
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by toppy » 28 Sep 2015 17:40

RoyalRuss86

Q2) How does he know ?

"

Maybe Vydra?

Knows because they were probably in for him too but didn't want to pay the big loan fee and large wages?

TBH the guy thought he was good enough to play for Eng.. I take his opinion with a small pinch of salt

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Sep 2015 17:49

Yeah, LOLeroy rosenior is a fukking pcunt nugget. Clueless helm.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Sep 2015 18:01

CountryRoyal Yeah, LOLeroy rosenior is a fukking pcunt nugget. Clueless helm.

He comes across as pretty decent to me, even though I rarely agree with everything he says. And I have it on good authority he's a lovely bloke.

Cripple Creek
Hob Nob Regular

by Cripple Creek » 01 Oct 2015 01:02

Whatever the rights and wrongs of what Rosenoir says about our undersupplied, overpaid mystery player - and slightly off topic - that is actually an excellent piece by him in the Bristol Post. I'm sure it's part ghost written with a journo but, even so, for a footballer it is way more interesting than the usual crap they came out with as pundits. It's the kind of quality stuff one expects from Gary Neville as opposed to the more typical (and awful) Andy Gray-type stuff that we have to listen to or read.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 01 Oct 2015 09:17

Can't believe that we're paying Bond £40,000 a week.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 Oct 2015 13:50

I wonder if it's HRK.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 Oct 2015 10:30

Bristol City try and pay £9 million for a player (plus substantial wages ) for a player who wouldn't make our bench and Rosenior has a go at one of our players for not being good enough !
Look a bit closer to home sir, I suspect the player you are talking about didn't cost us a fee so frankly our economics work better than yours !