14th minute today

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: 14th minute today

by Ian Royal » 17 Oct 2015 17:55

Royal Lady When I go - I want a 5 minute round of applause on the 90th minute and everyone has to drink wine in the concourse at half time.

I think having a special moment at first home game of season a few minutes before kick off to remember those who have passed is a great idea.

When I go I'd like you to all mark it in no way whatsoever. And not just because that's what I'd expect you to do anyway.

Whilst I'm not overly keen on these things and I think it was a home match too soonthat was an impeccable minute's applause so fair enough and my sincere condolences and symapthies go out to the lad's family and friends.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 17 Oct 2015 18:13

exileinleeds The time to do something for the boy was while he was ill but alive. That would have given them all happy memories.

If you think a round of applause from some mostly unknown, and largely disinterested strangers is going to make the family feel better, then frankly, it is you love, who has no comprehension of loss.

They did. During his first bout of Leukaemia he watched a match from the bench, I believe.

Whilst I can see the point that if we mark the death of every supporter it rapidly becomes meaningless, a 14 year old Reading mad kid is a bit different. My son knows him. Lots of kids who play Saturday youth football will know him. The connection is close enough that a gesture of solitary and regret was, as far as I can tell, entirely appropriate.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Oct 2015 18:42

Have to say I really like the idea over the page of acknowledging all the Royals who've passed at the start of the season.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 17 Oct 2015 18:48

dm77 Whilst sad that a young lad can lose his life so early, I don't really think anything should be done. I'm sick of all these tributes that are finding their way into the modern game, it seems we have a minute silence every week. If you start doing this, why not just have a minutes applause every-time a season ticket holder passes. It's getting silly now.

Fuck off.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 17 Oct 2015 19:16

exileinleeds The time to do something for the boy was while he was ill but alive. That would have given them all happy memories.

If you think a round of applause from some mostly unknown, and largely disinterested strangers is going to make the family feel better, then frankly, it is you love, who has no comprehension of loss.

It was the family that asked for it you mad pcunt

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 17 Oct 2015 19:44

exileinleeds He is dead. There is nothing the club- or anyone else- can do for him.

Someone has just lost their baby. What's wrong with you? 1 minute to show support and YOU spout this. Mirror, take a look.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 17 Oct 2015 19:53

Oilroyal
exileinleeds He is dead. There is nothing the club- or anyone else- can do for him.

Someone has just lost their baby. What's wrong with you? 1 minute to show support and YOU spout this. Mirror, take a look.

Support?

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 17 Oct 2015 19:58

John Madejski's Wallet
Oilroyal

Support?

Support, for the family. You also don't understand, understand the human connection?

Y21
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Y21 » 17 Oct 2015 20:08

If you don't wanna clap, don't clap. If you do wanna clap, clap.

Personally I thought it was quite mvoing for so many to show suppport for the family and their tragic loss.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 17 Oct 2015 20:23

Armadillo Roadkill

They did. During his first bout of Leukaemia he watched a match from the bench, I believe.

Whilst I can see the point that if we mark the death of every supporter it rapidly becomes meaningless, a 14 year old Reading mad kid is a bit different. My son knows him. Lots of kids who play Saturday youth football will know him. The connection is close enough that a gesture of solitary and regret was, as far as I can tell, entirely appropriate.

Well said. He played in my sons team, he was a really nice kid. This was his second bout of cancer. If you don't want to clap don't clap, fair enough but at least allow others to do it. Personally I was surprised at how many applauded and stood up - just proves the power of social media. It was a fitting tribute.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 17 Oct 2015 20:28

^ were people wanting the clapping stopped or something?

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 17 Oct 2015 21:02

John Madejski's Wallet ^ were people wanting the clapping stopped or something?

Some people didn't think it was appropriate - fair enough that is their view. Bah bloody humbug.

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 17 Oct 2015 21:06

If you're moaning about a minute of clapping for a brave young lad, then you should probably not step foot outside the house.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by John Madejski's Wallet » 17 Oct 2015 21:15

RG7Fan

Some people didn't think it was appropriate - fair enough that is their view. Bah bloody humbug.

Well exactly. They weren't stopping anyone, and people are allowed to express their views

Anyway, done now. In the immortal words of NA, we move on

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 17 Oct 2015 21:39

John Madejski's Wallet
RG7Fan

Well exactly. They weren't stopping anyone, and people are allowed to express their views

Anyway, done now. In the immortal words of NA, we move on

Heartless oxf*rd.. Edited: heartless small minded oxf*rd
Last edited by Oilroyal on 17 Oct 2015 22:29, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 17 Oct 2015 22:26

I joined in. The bloke next to me asked why we were clapping, i said it was because a child had died of leukemia. He said, 'oh god, that's sad, poor little bastard' and started clapping. Seems am appropriate reaction to me.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by John Madejski's Wallet » 17 Oct 2015 22:31

Royal Ginger The bloke next to me asked why we were clapping, i said it was because a child had died of leukemia.

He said, 'oh god, that's sad, poor little bastard' and started clapping.

Both those quotes sound very, very wrong

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 17 Oct 2015 22:36

John Madejski's Wallet
Royal Ginger The bloke next to me asked why we were clapping, i said it was because a child had died of leukemia.

He said, 'oh god, that's sad, poor little bastard' and started clapping.

Both those quotes sound very, very wrong

This is the boy your talking about BIG MAN (madejski's wallet) http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-reading-fc-star-noel-10279298

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by John Madejski's Wallet » 17 Oct 2015 22:58

Sorry to intrude on your faux outrage, but nowhere on this page have I criticised anyone for clapping or supporting the family :|

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 17 Oct 2015 23:03

John Madejski's Wallet Sorry to intrude on your faux outrage, but nowhere on this page have I criticised anyone for clapping or supporting the family :|

60 seconds in the real world with you is all that's needed. And to quote you on a phrase, we'd all move on without clapping. Have some respect you twat