Will Nick Blackman sign a new contract?

Will Blackman sign a new contract?

Yes - he loves the club, wants to get us promoted
26%
No - obviously not, he oxf*rd hates us and he thinks he deserves the Ballon d'or
38%
I'll wait until he signs a contract before I decide whether or not he will sign a contract
26%
His agent is Ian Royal
10%

Total votes: 61
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Will Nick Blackman sign a new contract?

by CountryRoyal » 22 Oct 2015 01:15

11 goals already this season. Still an arrogant bastard except this time he has something to be arrogant about. I would love him to sign for obvious. Losing him in Jan would be a bit of a shitter, especially because him going on a free at the end of the season would mitigate any of the inflated January price we could get for him. Him going in the summer on a free wouldn't be disasterous if his goals get us promoted, but if they don't we lose him, and the loanees (including Hector don't forget) for no return.

It genuinely wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't sign a new contract, I really don't think he likes us very much and obviously has confidence in his own ability. He's probably going to hold out until Real Madrid sign him up as a free agent.
Last edited by CountryRoyal on 22 Oct 2015 01:17, edited 1 time in total.

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Will Nick Blackman sign a new contract?

by Angry Shed Sex » 22 Oct 2015 01:17

No - he'd be mad to from the financial perspective.

From the football perspective he owe's us a season. If he scores 30 goals this year and gets us promoted them I'd be happy with that.

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 22 Oct 2015 07:51

After the abuse he's got from some idiots on here I would be amazed if he signs.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 22 Oct 2015 08:05

Ouroboros After the abuse he's got from some idiots on here I would be amazed if he signs.

I kinda thought that too.

Although surely things are changing due to the huge backing fans give him now (albeit, only because he's scoring loads).

Not saying this would make him sign though ... Don't footballers ever just do a one year extension? I only ever hear about them doing 2-3+ years

Holding Out Hope

by Holding Out Hope » 22 Oct 2015 08:19

All the criticism he received up until this season is very well justified, he was pony for us make no mistake. This season has seen such a turnaround in his fortunes, that of course losing him would be a blow, but if he thinks he's too good for us then ill help him pack his bags and say cheerio as he walks out of the door. A good dozen or so games doesn't make him a world beater.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 22 Oct 2015 08:23

I would expect talks to have now started, and i think he will sign a new contract

theres no way we will sell him January. Promotion at the end of the season will be worth more than any fee we get in January. Its a risk, but we will only get about £1.5m for him in Jan

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 22 Oct 2015 08:28

We all now what's going to happen.

He'll run down his contract and arrange a deal in advance for more money elsewhere.

In the last game of the season we'll get a last minute penalty to clinch a play-off place. He'll do his usual stuttered run up and then miss whilst simultanoeusly giving the boo boys the middle finger.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Oct 2015 09:02

Vision We all now what's going to happen.

He'll run down his contract and arrange a deal in advance for more money elsewhere.

In the last game of the season we'll get a last minute penalty to clinch a play-off place. He'll do his usual stuttered run up and then miss whilst simultanoeusly giving the boo boys the middle finger.

TBH, at this point in time I just want to the know the club have opened discussions, they'd be completely stupid not to....

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 22 Oct 2015 09:33

I don't think he will sign, but do think he will continue this form for the rest of the season in an attempt to attract someone like your villa's.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 22 Oct 2015 09:38

Ouroboros After the abuse he's got from some idiots on here I would be amazed if he signs.

:D

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 22 Oct 2015 10:16

The recent sound bites from Blackman suggest that he is wanting to sign a new contract, and then we have Clarkie announcing that the former holds all the aces when it comes to negotiating a new deal. However, given that Ian Royal is Blackman's agent, who knows how talks will pan out. Ian may say that, as part of the deal, Blackman will need to become a Nobber Super Addict. Otherwise, no can do mate. He'll, undoubtedly, have Squeakie sweating once dialogue begins anyway. As Greavsie said, 'It's a funny ol' game'.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 22 Oct 2015 11:00

Angry Shed Sex
From the football perspective he owe's us a season. If he scores 30 goals this year and gets us promoted them I'd be happy with that.

^this

but I honestly think hed be better off staying. honestly who in the prem would buy him?
your cherries, your hornets or your black cats maybe......its not like man u are going to come in for him is it?

if I were him id see if we went up and decide then. getting a bumper new contract on prem terms if we did.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 22 Oct 2015 11:05

I would suggest most players understand that fans can be a fickle bunch and most ignore the abuse from the stands, of course you have the angry twats like Wayne Rooney and Matt Mills but I'd suggest they are the minority.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 22 Oct 2015 11:13

Don't think the he owes us' argument works. Feds and Jem owed us a huge amount but walked away (not blaming them really, although also not sure they made the right call ). Players imply don't work like that.
Blackman has a hard call to make. I can't see any big clubs taking a chance on him. If no one has gone for Austin or Rhodes who have much better records than him, why would they gamble on a player based on a brilliant but very short burst of form. He can probably negotiate a big pay rise with us, get a reasonable break clause included and have a good chance of being a Premiership player next season. Or he could gamble that his form continues and a mid table Prem club likes the look of him and can find a way to fit him into their team.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 22 Oct 2015 11:38

He would be an idiot to sign a new contract now

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 22 Oct 2015 11:40

I hope he does, but not yet.

Always a worry that when someone signs a new contract their performance level drops as they are no longer paying for that big pay cheque. Some players are strange like that.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 22 Oct 2015 12:28

I think he will, but not until end of the season....IF we get promoted

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 22 Oct 2015 13:29

I don't see any other championship team as a more attractive option as long as we are prepared to pay the going rate, If we get promoted we will be the safe bet premiership option and he will want to remain a part of a team where he is playing every week versus the Federici situation sat on the bench watching premiership football. He can then show the world what he can do at that level and stay at that level, even if we get relegated.

The danger is if we miss out on promotion and a premiership team comes in for him as they can out pay us and offer premiership football, This is most likely going to be one of the promoted teams.

If I was his agent, I would advise him to wait until the end of the season before deciding, I would also tell him to keep his cards close to his chest about what he wants to do - if a player wants to stay, the club can probably knock a few £ off the offer knowing they want to stay.

I also think the club offering Blackman a new contract now might put out some other players out of contract and destabilise the ship.

Snowball136

by Snowball136 » 22 Oct 2015 17:38

Forbury Lion
I also think the club offering Blackman a new contract now might put out some other players out of contract and destabilise the ship.

REALLY? He has less than a year and has earned a BIG upgrade.

I can't imagine any professional not seeing that.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 22 Oct 2015 19:00

Forbury Lion I don't see any other championship team as a more attractive option as long as we are prepared to pay the going rate,

There's bigger spenders than Reading in the premiership.

Was doom and gloom when the players walked out in June. Blackman is replacable.