BFTG Bolton(H)

131 posts
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG Bolton(H)

by Nameless » 23 Nov 2015 21:35

Aside from Arsenal the other games where he triumphed tactically were home and away against Bradford, who were obviously not a higher team than us.
Not sure that tells us much, other than his tactical ability does seem to show itself more in one off must win games. Playoffs seem made for him !

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 23 Nov 2015 21:50

CountryRoyal Correct me if I'm wrong but in 11/12 I don't remember McD making many changes to the side that won 17 out of 19 games or something like that.

Don't remember many injuries or suspensions having an impact during that run.

After Xmas the players missing should be back. That'll make a real difference.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 23 Nov 2015 21:52

Ian Royal
I think he has a tendency to pick his team and tactics focusing on what he thinks is best for the next opposition, rather than forming a coherent strategy for us and only tweaking it where there's a clear flaw for a specific opposition to exploit.

Team appears to be picking itself more recently.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 23 Nov 2015 22:12

loyalroyaldaz
handbags_harris
loyalroyaldaz That twat in the East Stand that wears shorts still wore shorts.......

A bit harsh - away shirt, black shorts, vibrant yellow bottle of whatever as well? He sits just down from me.

Ref Piazon, simply doesn't cut the mustard for me, goals or assists aside. Yes, well done on scoring and creating, but as a left sided central midfielder you need so much more than just a fancy touch. Effectively he is given a free role to roam it seems, which invariably stems the flow of attack down our left particularly if he has vacated it. Defensively, as a midfielder he needs to do significantly more. I would feel much more secure with a more all-rounded midfielder in there. Piazon would be ideally suited to Spanish football but Championship football, he's a passenger in almost everything that happens.

Different Twat in that case.....

I wonder exactly how many people must fit this description?
The guy I thought you meant was sitting further up Y26 and was wearing track suit bottoms
I even said to him No shorts today then?! No he said
Quite the conversationalist

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Nov 2015 22:26

Lower West
Ian Royal
I think he has a tendency to pick his team and tactics focusing on what he thinks is best for the next opposition, rather than forming a coherent strategy for us and only tweaking it where there's a clear flaw for a specific opposition to exploit.

Team appears to be picking itself more recently.

Shame he's not been picking that one.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 23 Nov 2015 22:30

A few random observations

Piazon - he is a good footballer, but SC please do not play him left midfield. He can't play there, goal notwithstanding

Penalty - massive dive, don't think Norwood got anywhere near him

Blackman - anyone else notice his reaction after Williams' goal? No celebration at all, he carried on walking forwards and made no effort to turn and join his teammates. Almost looked disappointed

Fans - tense atmosphere throughout, hardly any songs at the start. Someone tried to start up SCs Barmy Army and was roundly hissed (odd reaction I know)
12 Parkinsons the highlight

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 24 Nov 2015 07:45

bcubed A few random observations

Piazon - he is a good footballer, but SC please do not play him left midfield. He can't play there, goal notwithstanding

Blackman - anyone else notice his reaction after Williams' goal? No celebration at all, he carried on walking forwards and made no effort to turn and join his teammates. Almost looked disappointed

Fans - tense atmosphere throughout, hardly any songs at the start. Someone tried to start up SCs Barmy Army and was roundly hissed (odd reaction I know)

Blackman's response was odd. I took it to mean that he was a bit peed off that Williams didn't run to him to thank him for the 'assist' (his run drew the defender wide and gave Williams several extra yards of space to get his shot off).

wiggso

by wiggso » 24 Nov 2015 08:40

West Stand Man
bcubed A few random observations

Blackman's response was odd. I took it to mean that he was a bit peed off that Williams didn't run to him to thank him for the 'assist' (his run drew the defender wide and gave Williams several extra yards of space to get his shot off).

No, Blackman definitely wanted Williams to roll the ball to him. Before Williams shot (and scored) I thought the right ball was to play in Blackman.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 24 Nov 2015 09:07

Blackman looked disinterested all game.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 Nov 2015 10:27

I too was pissed off at Blackman's sulk at Williams not passing to him. It's the kind of thing you'd do in a school playground game.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 24 Nov 2015 10:37

genome I too was pissed off at Blackman's sulk at Williams not passing to him. It's the kind of thing you'd do in a school playground game.

It was a bit odd, before Williams shot I thought he had blown it and should have passed it to Blackman for an easy scoring opportunity, if nothing had come from that situation Blackman would have every right to be annoyed at Williams but since he buried it I would have thought you'd just shrug your shoulders and go and celebrate with the team.

If I had to hazard a guess, maybe he's getting frustrated that his early season scoring form has now deserted him and he just desperately wants to get on the score-sheet again, that opportunity would have been pretty much nailed on for him to bury it.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 24 Nov 2015 10:42

He did celebrate, Obita went over to him and they seemed to do the standard high fiving etc and Blackman seemed pretty happy. But agree it did look a little odd as the rest of the team headed off to the East Stand he just walked towards the half way line

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 24 Nov 2015 14:55

I noticed on the highlights how Williams jogs over to the East Stand on his own, and it takes an age for anyone else (I think it was Norwood) to go over to him. I got the distinct impression that he wasn't that interested in celebrating with his team mates, and it looked mutual.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Nov 2015 17:55

Could they all be thinking "oh oxf*rd, this'll only encourage him to spaff it 10 yards high and wide five times a game rather than put one of us in to score"

I did notice on the highlights Blackman looking a bit miffed Williams hadn't slid him through.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 24 Nov 2015 18:24

Blackman in being selfish and wanting to score for himself shocker :|

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 24 Nov 2015 18:37

CountryRoyal Blackman in being selfish and wanting to score for himself shocker :|

Are you as thick as you sound or do you just deliberately miss the point of this whole discussion?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 24 Nov 2015 19:02

bobby1413
CountryRoyal Blackman in being selfish and wanting to score for himself shocker :|

Are you as thick as you sound or do you just deliberately miss the point of this whole discussion?

Have you developed a unique sense of hearing which enables you to listen to writing on the Internet?

Who's thick now?

Pcunt.

JC
Hob Nob Regular

by JC » 24 Nov 2015 19:51

I thought Blackman was in an offside position.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 24 Nov 2015 23:45

JC

I thought Blackman was in an offside position.

I think you are right.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Nov 2015 10:38

CountryRoyal
bobby1413

Have you developed a unique sense of hearing which enables you to listen to writing on the Internet?

Who's thick now?

Pcunt.

Good one :|

131 posts