Could Nick Blackman be a Premier League target this Jan?

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
steve55

Could Nick Blackman be a Premier League target this Jan?

by steve55 » 29 Nov 2015 00:17

Hey All,

Nick Blackman has been in exceptional form form for us this season hasn't he as one of the leading scorers in the Championship. I'm wondering if some of those goal shy Premier League teams might be looking at him.

I was on Google earlier and found an article that suggested that might be the case, what do you think can we hold onto him?

https://www.the-newshub.com/football/norwich-city-five-championship-players-that-alex-neil-might-want-to-consider-this-january

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Could Nick Blackman be a Premier League target this Jan?

by Jack Celliers » 29 Nov 2015 00:48

Not even god enough for the Scottish Premier League on today's performance.

Kingsley Junior

by Kingsley Junior » 29 Nov 2015 01:05

steve55 Hey All,

Nick Blackman has been in exceptional form form for us this season hasn't he as one of the leading scorers in the Championship. I'm wondering if some of those goal shy Premier League teams might be looking at him.

I was on Google earlier and found an article that suggested that might be the case, what do you think can we hold onto him?

https://www.the-newshub.com/football/norwich-city-five-championship-players-that-alex-neil-might-want-to-consider-this-january

Hi James... Do you mind if I call you James or do you prefer to be known as Steve?

I'm curious as to why you didn't just visit the website directly instead of searching on Google - after all it's not the first link to it you've posted on this forum alone, and as you write for Newshub, I'm surprised you haven't bookmarked it.

Might have been a good idea just to post this in your last 'newshub article about Blackman' thread - save the mods having to merge them!

On a Norwich-related note (assuming you're local to the area) - is North Norfolk Digital a real radio station?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 29 Nov 2015 01:21

Nick55 Hey All,

Steve Blackman is well known for being a lethal weapon and I'm wondering if some of those goal shy Premier League teams might be looking at him.

I was on Google earlier and found an article that suggested that might be the case, what do you think can wwe hold onto him?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Nov 2015 09:51

Jack Celliers Not even god enough for the Scottish Premier League on today's performance.

Agreed. To be honest we all moan that he gets stuck out wide right, and that that's not his best place, but how many of his goals and "performances" this season have come when he was put into that position.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 29 Nov 2015 10:30

I disagree with your thoughts on yesterday's performance, I think he had one of the better displays in a very poor team performance. He was constantly beating the first man with his dribbling but kept finding a disinterested Sa in front of him offering no outlay. Whenever he didn't beat the first man it was usually because he was the victim of a cynical foul from a Forest player, which would consequently lead to a yellow card (I counted this happening 3/4 times).

It's not just him being played out of position, the whole team's tactics are just completely wrong at the moment and it can't be too much of a surprise that the goals have dried up. Stick him in a Premier League standard team and I'm sure he could make a name for himself, and fair play to him for working hard over the summer to turn his drab form around.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 29 Nov 2015 14:41

steve55 Nick Blackman has been in exceptional form form for us this season hasn't he

No.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 29 Nov 2015 19:03

No.

I'd happily settle for a front 2 of Sa and Vydra. As look more of a partnership on their day.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 29 Nov 2015 20:29

WAZZOCK I disagree with your thoughts on yesterday's performance, I think he had one of the better displays in a very poor team performance. He was constantly beating the first man with his dribbling but kept finding a disinterested Sa in front of him offering no outlay.

No idea how true that is or not, but considering Blackman very rarely passes and his play is all about how he can work a shooting opportunity for Nick Blackman I'm not surprised if some of his teammates start to alter their runs when he's on the ball to be honest.

WAZZOCK Whenever he didn't beat the first man it was usually because he was the victim of a cynical foul from a Forest player, which would consequently lead to a yellow card (I counted this happening 3/4 times).

It's not just him being played out of position, the whole team's tactics are just completely wrong at the moment and it can't be too much of a surprise that the goals have dried up. Stick him in a Premier League standard team and I'm sure he could make a name for himself, and fair play to him for working hard over the summer to turn his drab form around.

Not playing the fluid 4-3-3/4-4-2 we were earlier in the season, largely due to Quinns absence, has certainly hit the team and Blackman's form in particular. Blackman had the freedom to get on the ball in space and run at defenders when he was the wide right player in the 4-3-3 and it played to his strengths. He still looked far too selfish for me but to give him his dues a number of his shots found their way in the back of the net so he must've been doing something right.

Personally I still don't rate him so if we can cash in on him in January because he's still living off a hot streak of form then I'd take the money and be reasonably happy to see the back of him.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Nov 2015 23:42

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1