Who do you want to replace Clarke?

1219 posts

Which one of these gentlemen, not currently managing, should lead the mighty Reading FC?

Steve Coppell
12%
Alan Curbishley
2%
Paolo Di Canio
2%
Avram Grant
1%
Glenn Hoddle
5%
Paul Ince
1%
Martin Kuhl
2%
Ally McCoist
1%
Brian McDermott
17%
David Moyes
12%
Nigel Pearson
24%
Gus Poyet
2%
Brendan Rodgers
2%
Uwe Rosler
0%
Tim Sherwood
3%
Mark Warburton
4%
Other (please specify)
8%

Total votes: 368
edinburghroyal

Re: The New Manager Poll

by edinburghroyal » 06 Dec 2015 10:21

No other choice than Neil Warnock

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 06 Dec 2015 11:20

Split between Coppell and Pearson and Curbishley.

So I put down Coppell (only question mark would be if he's ever got it in him to be a long term manager) but to actively not want him in the top three is beyond ridiculous.

and will argue for Pearson. Good record and seems like he could beat the shit out of Vinnie Jones! A tough nut who'd instill serious respect amongst the players.

Curbs Has to be my favorite though with his records at charlatan and wet sham. Should've been England manager. Top man, get him in.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 06 Dec 2015 11:23

Lacoste
Ian Royal
Lacoste If he was 55 not 35 neither of you would want him.

People get puppy eyes over younger managers but realistically, Monk has done nothing that makes me think he's a good fit for us.

It's common for a manager to have a good first season of the back of work by the previous manager before they start to bring in their own players and their own tactics/ethos starts to take hold and form starts to dip. Monk/Clarke at WBA and even Roader at WHU a few years back is testament to this.

Monk has done absolutely nothing to suggest he is going to be a good manager.

You've been tricked by the sky sports "young up and coming manager" rubbish.

Sorry

Yeah, whatever.

Ok, Ian. Talk us through why you think Monk would be a suitable fit for us at the moment. Give us a detailed opinion.

Errr, Zammo?????Ian?????

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 06 Dec 2015 11:44

I'm surprised nobody has worked it out yet. The next manager will be Portuguese.

Sa, John, Hurtado, Lisandro Semedo - all came through the same Portuguese agent that the Thais' are very close with. They'll go down this route for the manager.

lolwut

by lolwut » 06 Dec 2015 11:57

Mr.Swainey I'm surprised nobody has worked it out yet. The next manager will be Portuguese.

Sa, John, Hurtado, Lisandro Semedo - all came through the same Portuguese agent that the Thais' are very close with. They'll go down this route for the manager.

Mourinho? WCBAP.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 06 Dec 2015 11:58

Mr.Swainey I'm surprised nobody has worked it out yet. The next manager will be Portuguese.

Back on page 2 blud
Pepe the Horseman Recks it'll be some random Portugueezer.

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 06 Dec 2015 12:08

Pepe the Horseman

Back on page 2 blud
Pepe the Horseman Recks it'll be some random Portugueezer.

A man after my own heart, Pepe.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 06 Dec 2015 12:09

Tbf it's worked out alright for Wednesday.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Dec 2015 12:57

Lacoste Errr, Zammo?????Ian?????

Try reading the thread, it's already been explained.

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 06 Dec 2015 13:34

Lacoste
marcusopp Not Pearson.
Anyone could have done well with the budget Leicester had. It'll be like Adkins the return. Leicester have improved since they sacked him, it's all about the structure within the club. The stability is in the foundations, the manager is basically a front man with many duties done by others.
There are a great deal of candidates out there. I'd like a lower league manager who knows the league and can recruit bargains from leagues 1 and 2.

Check your facts before you post such shit my friend.

? I assume you are retarded.
Leicester are flying high in the premiership.
People raised eyebrows when southampton sacked Adkins, but they improved also.
Some clubs use a european style head coach rather than a traditional british manager. Well run clubs like Southampton and Leicester are good examples of this. The managers duties are shared among a management team.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 06 Dec 2015 13:36

Ady Williams was on the radio yesterday said he thinks it will be "Some random foreigner who took Villarreal to 7th in Serie A"

And good ol' Pards seems to reckon it will be a foreigner as well

''Foreign ownership has taken the focus away a bit. Immediately I look at the Reading job (Steve Clarke was sacked on Friday) and think "a foreign manager is going to get that".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3347220/Alan-Pardew-m-not-arrogant-s-just-self-belief-English-bosses-need-steely-resolve-regarded-underclass.html

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 06 Dec 2015 13:43

I posted last night, think Nuno Espírito Santo would be a decent shout.

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 06 Dec 2015 14:01

sandman Ady Williams was on the radio yesterday said he thinks it will be "Some random foreigner who took Villarreal to 7th in Serie A"

And good ol' Pards seems to reckon it will be a foreigner as well

''Foreign ownership has taken the focus away a bit. Immediately I look at the Reading job (Steve Clarke was sacked on Friday) and think "a foreign manager is going to get that".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3347220/Alan-Pardew-m-not-arrogant-s-just-self-belief-English-bosses-need-steely-resolve-regarded-underclass.html

You have to look at the evidence regarding the people linked with us.

Everybody in football believes the Newcastle Job is going to be available sooner rather than later (and who knows whats going on at Swansea, but I hope they stick with their manager) and I suspect sharing that belief are Pearson (who I think would be a good fit for the Toon) and Sherwood (whose self esteem is higher than anybody elses esteem of him, so I doubt he's even applied for us).

We wouldnt go looking for Parkinson until he gets Bradford promoted and they have an impressive season in the championship (Then we'll get him and go on an unprecedented 25 years of glory).

Im sure SJM would like Coppell back and LOVE Brian back, but I honestly believe he's truly passed the reigns over now and wont get much of a say in this. The Thais appear more forward thinking than him.

We approached Di Matteo when Brian got sacked and he turned us down - we were in the Premiership then. We cant promote from within as Eamonn is ill (and happy with his current role), and Kuhl would be the sort of HUGE gamble that new owners who want to build an ice rink wouldnt make in a months of Sundays.

That leaves us with some unexpected foreigner (Maybe we're going to drop the Charlton/Stoke model and follow the Middlesborough model - sod it just go and poach him) or an ex-championship manager with some pedigree but has been out of the game for a while. Or Moyes if the Thais can put an attractive package together. Or we just wait for Ipswich to lose two more.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 06 Dec 2015 14:12

Sky sports saying Alan Stubbs and Gary Rowett are on our shortlist

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 06 Dec 2015 14:13

marcusopp
Lacoste
marcusopp Not Pearson.
Anyone could have done well with the budget Leicester had. It'll be like Adkins the return. Leicester have improved since they sacked him, it's all about the structure within the club. The stability is in the foundations, the manager is basically a front man with many duties done by others.
There are a great deal of candidates out there. I'd like a lower league manager who knows the league and can recruit bargains from leagues 1 and 2.

Check your facts before you post such shit my friend.

? I assume you are retarded.
Leicester are flying high in the premiership.
People raised eyebrows when southampton sacked Adkins, but they improved also.
Some clubs use a european style head coach rather than a traditional british manager. Well run clubs like Southampton and Leicester are good examples of this. The managers duties are shared among a management team.

You seem to be under the impression that Pearson's only management experience is Leicester 2011-15. :|

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Dec 2015 14:38

I'd rather not have a foreign manager, there's a massive tendency to underestimate the competitiveness and quality of the Championship abroad because it's not a top flight division. The English game is a bit of a departure from the mainland style in general too.

I want someone who either knows us well, or knows the Championship well, preferably through managing there successfully, but decent playing experience combined with managing at a slightly higher, or slightly lower level would do.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 06 Dec 2015 14:39

maffff Sky sports saying Alan Stubbs and Gary Rowett are on our shortlist

And Pearson too expensive :roll:

Froomes

by Froomes » 06 Dec 2015 14:45

Ian Royal
I want someone who either knows us well, or knows the Championship well, preferably through managing there successfully, but decent playing experience combined with managing at a slightly higher, or slightly lower level would do.

Well that approach has worked wonders with 3 of our last 4 managers.... :roll:

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 06 Dec 2015 14:53

Ian Royal
Lacoste Errr, Zammo?????Ian?????

Try reading the thread, it's already been explained.

It really hasn't.

In your opinion, why would Monk be a god manager for us?

Unbelievable Jeff

by Unbelievable Jeff » 06 Dec 2015 15:06

Oilroyal

I posted last night, think Nuno Espírito Santo would be a decent shout.

:lol:

This shows your lack of footballing knowledge.

1219 posts