BFTG - Blackburn Rovers

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG - Blackburn Rovers

by CountryRoyal » 20 Dec 2015 19:46

Bobby would you boo him if he shagged your missus?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 20 Dec 2015 19:47

Winston Smith Chav in front of me applauded Guthrie more than he did McDermott. :lol:

Birds of a feather and all that

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 20 Dec 2015 19:50

Winnershroyal Vydra I think is off in Jan

Season long loan and Watford not missing him so I don't think he's going anywhere.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 20 Dec 2015 19:56

Bond - Made a good save at the end to keep it 1-0. Kicking is still dreadful as is a lot of his decision making. Seems to be starting to get his head in the right place, unlike the Prima Donna wearing 23 on the other team. Happy for him to carry on in goal until we get someone better in January. 7

Gunter - Had his usual game, industrious between both boxes unlike the Prima Donna wearing 23 on the other team, but ineffective around either. 6
McShane - One dodgy pass in the first half which could have been disastrous for us but other than that solid as usual and led by example, unlike the Prima Donna wearing 23 on the other team. 7
Hector - Hooftor in full effect at points and one or two dodgy moments where he did his usual trick of not looking when passing the ball around his own box. Improvement on some of his recent performances, unlike the Prima Donna wearing 23 on the other team. 6
Quinn - Played well in an unfamiliar role but then that is the sort of player he is, will do anything for the team. Must be a delight to manage unlike the Prima Donna wearing 23 on the other team. 7

Norwood - Getting his passing range back after a bit of a struggle in recent times, steady and kept things ticking over, unlike the Prima Donna wearing 23 on the other team. 7
McCleary - Will cut him some slack considering he was playing on the left but I do wonder what has happened to that player from two seasons ago. One good shot but John did more in a couple of minutes than Garath did in 70. At least put a shift in unlike the Prima Donna wearing 23 on the other team. 6
Williams - Absolutely stunning goal, probably the best long range strike I've seen a Reading player score, was unlucky not to score another goal in the second half. Ran Midfield, unlike the Prima Donna wearing 23 on the other team. 8
Blackman - Quiet first half but picked back up in the second and did the job he had to do, unlike the Prima Donna wearing 23 on the other team . 7

HRK - Held the ball up well and ran down a few lost causes as well, unlike the Prima Donna wearing 23 on the other team. One very good cross which if there was someone filling in for him in the box would have resulted in a goal. 7
Vydra - What a waste of money. A lot like the Prima Donna wearing 23 on the other team. 4

Subs:

John - Injected some life into a game that was dull. Too selfish at points but he showed what he can do and if we can get him playing consistently he can be one of the best players in this league, unlike the Prima Donna wearing 23 on the other team. 8
Piazon - Made a real difference when he came on, playing in his correct position when he doesn't need to defend as much. Looked a different player, unlike the Prima Donna wearing 23 on the other team . 8

Brian - Great to see him back, unlike the Prima Donna wearing 23 on the other team, in his rightful place and the reception he was given was top drawer but nothing less than he deserves. Recognised the problems in the first half and made some good subs. 9

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 20 Dec 2015 20:10

That Hanley chap should be ashamed of himself. His antics every time the ref's back was turned were very unsporting.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 20 Dec 2015 20:49

Royal Ginger That Hanley chap should be ashamed of himself. His antics every time the ref's back was turned were very unsporting.

Probably because Blackman and Piazon were running circles around him.
He was a typical Northern lump.

I thought that considering we had a patched up back four we did OK.

The first half was a bit concerning as the midfield couldn't cope with Blackburn,s (Did I just really say that a midfield of Hopeless Akpan and Danny "I don't feel like playing today Guthrie were better than Norwood and Williams) Nuuuuurse!
Any how we were out numbered as McCleary, HRK, Vydra and Blackman weren't really helping the former two out.

Brian changed it at half time and the introduction of Piazon gave us a better formation.
Second half much improved.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 20 Dec 2015 20:52

sandman Bond - Made a good save at the end to keep it 1-0. Kicking is still dreadful as is a lot of his decision making. Seems to be starting to get his head in the right place, unlike the Prima Donna wearing 23 on the other team. Happy for him to carry on in goal until we get someone better in January. 7

Gunter - Had his usual game, industrious between both boxes unlike the Prima Donna wearing 23 on the other team, but ineffective around either. 6
McShane - One dodgy pass in the first half which could have been disastrous for us but other than that solid as usual and led by example, unlike the Prima Donna wearing 23 on the other team. 7
Hector - Hooftor in full effect at points and one or two dodgy moments where he did his usual trick of not looking when passing the ball around his own box. Improvement on some of his recent performances, unlike the Prima Donna wearing 23 on the other team. 6
Quinn - Played well in an unfamiliar role but then that is the sort of player he is, will do anything for the team. Must be a delight to manage unlike the Prima Donna wearing 23 on the other team. 7

Norwood - Getting his passing range back after a bit of a struggle in recent times, steady and kept things ticking over, unlike the Prima Donna wearing 23 on the other team. 7
McCleary - Will cut him some slack considering he was playing on the left but I do wonder what has happened to that player from two seasons ago. One good shot but John did more in a couple of minutes than Garath did in 70. At least put a shift in unlike the Prima Donna wearing 23 on the other team. 6
Williams - Absolutely stunning goal, probably the best long range strike I've seen a Reading player score, was unlucky not to score another goal in the second half. Ran Midfield, unlike the Prima Donna wearing 23 on the other team. 8
Blackman - Quiet first half but picked back up in the second and did the job he had to do, unlike the Prima Donna wearing 23 on the other team . 7

HRK - Held the ball up well and ran down a few lost causes as well, unlike the Prima Donna wearing 23 on the other team. One very good cross which if there was someone filling in for him in the box would have resulted in a goal. 7
Vydra - What a waste of money. A lot like the Prima Donna wearing 23 on the other team. 4

Subs:

John - Injected some life into a game that was dull. Too selfish at points but he showed what he can do and if we can get him playing consistently he can be one of the best players in this league, unlike the Prima Donna wearing 23 on the other team. 8
Piazon - Made a real difference when he came on, playing in his correct position when he doesn't need to defend as much. Looked a different player, unlike the Prima Donna wearing 23 on the other team . 8

Brian - Great to see him back, unlike the Prima Donna wearing 23 on the other team, in his rightful place and the reception he was given was top drawer but nothing less than he deserves. Recognised the problems in the first half and made some good subs. 9

Not a Guthrie fan then??? Lol :D Did he actually touch the ball at all? Very surprised he wasn't booked - that seemed to be his speciality when he played for us ...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Dec 2015 20:57

Winnershroyal
John offered a lot when he came on, Vydra I think is off in Jan, he didn't seem interested. At least Brian reacted and didn't wait for 60 or 70 minutes to make the decision to sub him.

Bizarre comment IMO. He ran his arse off as usual.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 20 Dec 2015 21:14

The moaning on here tonight is unbelievable. This is a team that was on its knees and almost and had no idea how to win again. We did win didn't we? I've come away from the ground wondering after reading the comments on here.
"Oh this players not trying", " Oh I see he's picked HIM again and he did nothing"......
Well clearly they did do something because we got 3 POINTS.
God there are some moaners on here.
We may not have been Brazil 70 but its a start and "we can move on"

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 20 Dec 2015 21:23

Nice early Christmas present nervous poor first half but second half transformation what was apparent was the full shift all the players put in, well played lads now let's thump those Wolves tossers Boxing Day.......McDonut did ok too welcome back mate

Doolittle

by Doolittle » 20 Dec 2015 21:41

Thought all the forwards worked hard to close down Blackburn today, and it made us harder to play through than recently. We looked more compact, more of a team. I thought HRK did quite well as a central striker - didn't get any chances to shoot, but he gave us a focal point to play the ball up to. Quinn did a good job at LB too.

Vydra was the obvious change to make for a 4-5-1, which allowed us to attack better. Don't think he got subbed for any other reason - he certainly ran around plenty while he was on.

Winnershroyal

by Winnershroyal » 20 Dec 2015 21:46

Ian Royal
Winnershroyal
John offered a lot when he came on, Vydra I think is off in Jan, he didn't seem interested. At least Brian reacted and didn't wait for 60 or 70 minutes to make the decision to sub him.

Bizarre comment IMO. He ran his arse off as usual.

Lots of meaningless running, just seems like a square peg at the moment. Big wages but hasn't delivered. As I said it will be interesting to see what Brian says about the change at half time.

Berry

by Berry » 20 Dec 2015 21:48

Great result, not a great game but 3 points against a stubborn Blackburn is a good platform for the Xmas period, On the Left back position, I thought Quinn played really well, Bumped into legendary ex Reading LB Matt Rooster Robinson yesterday at a football tournament and spent about an hour chatting with him, Nice guy, Police Officer now but is coaching and working his way up, Asked him what his stand out moments were and No 1 was Play Off Final with the Royals

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 20 Dec 2015 21:48

Was there really Att: 16,529 there?

All you could see on Sky was empty blue seats.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 20 Dec 2015 21:52

You could try counting

Does it really matter? A lot of empty ST seats are already paid for.

Some of us once went to the "Bridge" and felt a little lonely in the home end

and as for the $ky reference....that's your reason why :roll:

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 20 Dec 2015 21:54

Doolittle Thought all the forwards worked hard to close down Blackburn today, and it made us harder to play through than recently. We looked more compact, more of a team. I thought HRK did quite well as a central striker - didn't get any chances to shoot, but he gave us a focal point to play the ball up to. Quinn did a good job at LB too.

Vydra was the obvious change to make for a 4-5-1, which allowed us to attack better. Don't think he got subbed for any other reason - he certainly ran around plenty while he was on.

Bit worried that Brian still sees Kanu as a striker. Not too sure why but the attack looked miles better when Vydra was replaced, I think its because he always tries to play the quick ball and we lose possession as a result. Quinn was immense and can't wait for him to get back in midfield. Great goal by Williams who ran all game but he was long overdue a decent performance.

Blackburn are a decent side so overall a good result but we will need to play a lot better if we are to make the play-offs.Hope Ola's not just a one trick pony - can beat two players easily enough but needs to be a bit more intelligent with his final ball. Special mention to Mcshane who was back to his best.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 20 Dec 2015 21:59

Winnershroyal Big wages but hasn't delivered.

What's his wages then? Only seen mention of the loan fee myself.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 20 Dec 2015 22:09

Anyone else notice that whilst he's possibly the best CB we've had in a long time, McShane can't jump?

Soul Man

by Soul Man » 20 Dec 2015 22:11

No Fixed Abode Was there really Att: 16,529 there?

I'm glad I'm not Chelsea

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 20 Dec 2015 22:14

No Fixed Abode Was there really Att: 16,529 there?

Build it and they will come.