loyalroyaldaz

Re: FAO Chris Gunter

by loyalroyaldaz » 27 Dec 2015 10:46

Nothing wrong with Gunter.
Always 110%.
Great attitude.
Repects the fans
Works much better with Gmac though.

And then there is Blackman.....................

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 27 Dec 2015 14:48

I just can't believe we didn't sign any cover in the summer once Kelly moved on. I'd have preferred Kelly to have stayed and Gunter left. Just hoping he doesn't get an acceptable contract offer. Easy way to reduce the wage bill further one would have to assume.

I agree with other comments that yesterday he should have taken one touch and then smashed it at goal. I can accept him not being good going forward if he's great defensively (or vice versa) but he just isn't very good at either.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 27 Dec 2015 16:19

I do like how everyone is saying it was a clear goalscoring opportunity for Chris 2 goals in 137 games Gunter :|

FWIW, I don't really care if he dived/dove (he didn't in my opinion, there was a hand on his back) people go down in every single game with minimal contact. It happens, get over it, I don't understand why we have holier-than-thou outlook on this. Wasn't many people complaining when Long went down very very easily in 90+3 at Anfield in the FA Cup :?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 27 Dec 2015 16:25

Mr.Swainey Please kindly leave the club, you oxf*rd pansy.

Gunter joined Reading in the summer of 2012, since when both we and he have largely been complete and utter sh*te.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 27 Dec 2015 17:05

Why when we are discussing Gunter possibly diving are people saying "I don't see anyone complaining when ...."

Well I don't care whether an RFC player got a penalty/goal due to diving. I don't like it and don't support it. So STOP please with this argument that fans seem to condone it if it means we get an advantage.

IMO Gunter did go down too easily - yea like probably loads of other players do. It doesn't make it right or good viewing does it?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 Dec 2015 17:47

Agree.......disagree with BCubed....it IS the players problem...just don't do it...it's cheating, simples

Since when were we Chelsea (or any other Premier club lol anyway?)

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 27 Dec 2015 20:40

No problem with Gunter as a player.

The dive was inexcusable.

I'd rather the likes of Long and Bertrand didn't dive either, but I think there's a tiny shred of dignity in going down after having got away from your man, as opposed to just collapsing because you're out of ideas.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 27 Dec 2015 20:57

Just don't tell Gunter your thoughts or he'll block you

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 27 Dec 2015 22:04

Too many people on this site have no idea about football.
If you're running with the ball, the slightest touch can put you off balance, doesn't mean it's a pen or a dive. If you've felt a touch and it's brought you to the ground you'll believe it's a foul. Maybe it is! If that had happened on the half way line, would it be a free-kick?
It seems most of the 'fans' on this website spend more time hating the club than loving it. I hear Wycombe wanderers need extra support...

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 27 Dec 2015 22:07

marcusopp Too many people on this site have no idea about football.
If you're running with the ball, the slightest touch can put you off balance, doesn't mean it's a pen or a dive. If you've felt a touch and it's brought you to the ground you'll believe it's a foul. Maybe it is! If that had happened on the half way line, would it be a free-kick?

That wouldn't have been a free kick on the halfway line, but it would never have happened on the halfway line. If it somehow had, I'd wager the referee would have had a better view and would have booked Gunter.

He wasn't "running with the ball".

Mr Glass House, meet Mr Stone.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 27 Dec 2015 22:24

It seems most of the 'fans' on this website spend more time hating the club than loving it. I hear Wycombe wanderers need extra support...

You're point is null and void in this argument.

I think people's objection is that he dived... Not that he was knocked off balance.

We've all seen occasions when a player has been touched, nudged, clipped and they've thrown themselves to the ground. The objection there is the over acting.

Gunter ... Didn't see much contact myself but certainly saw him fall down like a sack of potatoes

RoyalX

by RoyalX » 27 Dec 2015 22:53

It amazes me that people have such strong opinions on Chris Gunter, as I've always thought of him as a complete non-entity - the footballing equivalent of beige or a Rich Tea.

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 27 Dec 2015 23:33

What example does it set to young fans and professionals? Not a very good one.

Someone has kindly alluded to previous similar incidents with Gunter, so it isn't a first and I doubt it will be the last.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 27 Dec 2015 23:35

AthleticoSpizz Agree.......disagree with BCubed....it IS the players problem...just don't do it...it's cheating, simples

Every player in every club does it. No doubt they are encouraged or even instructed to go down when they feel any touch

You might call it cheating but if you don't do it you are at disadvantage - refs simply don't give the free kicks

So I say improve the standard of refs, write to FIFA, shout and scream, but don't blame the players. Face it, like it or not (and I don't) it's part of the game

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 27 Dec 2015 23:38

bcubed
AthleticoSpizz Agree.......disagree with BCubed....it IS the players problem...just don't do it...it's cheating, simples

Every player in every club does it. No doubt they are encouraged or even instructed to go down when they feel any touch

You might call it cheating but if you don't do it you are at disadvantage - refs simply don't give the free kicks

So I say improve the standard of refs, write to FIFA, shout and scream, but don't blame the players. Face it, like it or not (and I don't) it's part of the game

It's part of the game, yes, but another part of the game is using your technical ability to create a goal scoring opportunity - the only technique Gunter showed here was falling over, mainly because he is a wet rag.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 Dec 2015 23:39

(BCubed) I get your sentiment....and yes , we have learnt to live with it.

However, each and every time there is only one person to blame............I'd rather not be it one of ours.

It can p1ss you off a bit

Faithful Son

by Faithful Son » 28 Dec 2015 00:12

RoyalX It amazes me that people have such strong opinions on Chris Gunter, as I've always thought of him as a complete non-entity - the footballing equivalent of beige or a Rich Tea.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

RoyalinBracknell

by RoyalinBracknell » 28 Dec 2015 00:40

windermere_royal Get a grip you bunch of fecking pussies. two hands in his back by Henry warranted a push.maybe he went down easily, if it happened at the other end you would have been screaming for a pen

I'm confused- are you suggesting if a Wolves player had dived the Reading fans would have been screaming fora Wolves penalty?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 Dec 2015 08:36

RoyalinBracknell
windermere_royal Get a grip you bunch of fecking pussies. two hands in his back by Henry warranted a push.maybe he went down easily, if it happened at the other end you would have been screaming for a pen

I'm confused- are you suggesting if a Wolves player had dived the Reading fans would have been screaming fora Wolves penalty?

If Gunter had given it away they would.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 Dec 2015 08:38

Mr.Swainey Someone has kindly alluded to previous similar incidents with Gunter, so it isn't a first and I doubt it will be the last.

The one at Blackburn away, where he got booked for diving. Then the ref publicly apologised because it was such a blatant pen.

189 posts