Yes - only if £5m+
16%
Ian Royal
10%

Total votes: 189
TheBaldOne

Re: Would you cash in on Blackman?

by TheBaldOne » 30 Dec 2015 01:05

He's no way near as good as he thinks he is. Rather have a team full of hard workers, Vydra has, arguably, more talent than him, and clearly is far far far more hardworking. Also I imagine Brian will be favouring a 4-4-2, so he won't fit our system. So, couldn't really care less if he goes.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 30 Dec 2015 01:23

CountryRoyal
Ian Royal It's simple really. If we're going to play 4-3-3, no, give him a new contract and hold on to him for all we're worth. If we're going to play 4-4-2, accept any offer.

This is a pretty fair statement.

Is it fcuk

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 30 Dec 2015 01:46

leon
CountryRoyal
Ian Royal It's simple really. If we're going to play 4-3-3, no, give him a new contract and hold on to him for all we're worth. If we're going to play 4-4-2, accept any offer.

Is it fcuk

It's fair in the sense that Blackman was arguable the best player in the championship as the wide right forward in the 4-3-3, he's looked considerably worse anywhere else be it centrally (sorry not sorry) or right midfielder/winger in a 4-4-2.

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 30 Dec 2015 08:16

I don't think it matters if we are going to play 4-4-2 or 4-3-3.

Blackman has to be one of the forwards regardless of the formation. If he is not then there is no point playing him at all.

I would keep him and play him in his best position (ie. The one where him and the team was successful) or sell him in January. It doesn't take a genius to look at the team we played which destroyed every other team including league leaders middlesbrough.

russyb

by russyb » 30 Dec 2015 08:35

Its clear to see he hates playing on the right wing and his effort there matches his sulking. If played as a free striking role that's where his goals will come from. If he isn't played correctly then we may as well offload him.

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 30 Dec 2015 08:59

Blackman 'had' a purple patch where he was full of confidence and everything seemed to come off, but, overall his time here has been massively disappointing! So yes, if someone offered £1m or more with less than 6 months of his contract remaining, I'd bite their hand off!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Dec 2015 09:00

Yes but we won't get anywhere near £5 million for him considering he in his last 6 months of contract

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 30 Dec 2015 09:08

Longhorn1970 Sadly I don't think the owners could resist £5m plus

Sadly I think anyone who thinks there is a chance of £5m+ is deluded.

If hammond manages to get that, he deserves a cookie

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 30 Dec 2015 09:09

CountryRoyal With Blackman's contract coming to an end this season and January transfer window just round the corner what outcome would you like to see?

I'd say keep him and risk losing him for free. Get him and the team playing and well and the goals will come again, plus I'd have serious doubts about our ability to adequately replace him.

Floating role I think would be worth giving him a run at.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 30 Dec 2015 10:04

I'd get rid, and I'd take almost any money someone is willing to pay for him.

Rollerbob

by Rollerbob » 30 Dec 2015 10:06

Hoop Blah I'd get rid, and I'd take almost any money someone is willing to pay for him.

Because he might go on a free, or because he's a terrible footballer in your opinion? :roll:

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 30 Dec 2015 10:09

Take the money.

MR. CYNICAL

by MR. CYNICAL » 30 Dec 2015 10:16

Winston Smith
MR. CYNICAL And where would we be if you take away his 10 goals?

How many goals are you having his replacement score, help create & help defend in this hypothetical question?

The post i was replying to suggested that we do not need to replace him!

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 30 Dec 2015 10:24

MR. CYNICAL
Winston Smith

How many goals are you having his replacement score, help create & help defend in this hypothetical question?

The post i was replying to suggested that we do not need to replace him!

Hypothetically playing with 10 players?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 30 Dec 2015 10:27

Rollerbob
Hoop Blah I'd get rid, and I'd take almost any money someone is willing to pay for him.

Because he might go on a free, or because he's a terrible footballer in your opinion? :roll:

I don't think he's that good a player, despite his excellent run of form earlier this season, and from what I've seen since then the side has looked unbalanced which is, IMO, in part due to managers trying to make room for him.

He's undoubtedly got some ability, and a cracking left foot on him at times, but for me he just looks too selfish and he rarely creates anything for anyone else. If he was more comfortable in a central role that would be easier to fit into a team but he's shown enough that he isn't that comfortable playing up against a centre half and so really needs to play out wide in order to thrive. Unless your Ronaldo then it's hard for a team to carry a winger who doesn't look to create for others (even Ronaldo has ended up playing through the middle more over the last few years).

I'm not too fussed if we lose him for nothing in the summer, but I just have a gut feeling that we'd be a better team without him in it. Cashing in on him would just make getting shot of him a bit easier.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 30 Dec 2015 14:07

I agree with hoops and if we get anything more than the £1million that we paid for him then fine.
We do seem to have forwards at the moment who are bits and pieces players in that their positions are not easily nailed down and whereas parts of their game are fine they do not readily fit in with a structured format.

I would like to see either a Chris Wood, Murphy from Ipswich or Martin from Derby type of central striker with the ability to hold up play as a target man and with a strong physical presence.
If we don't go that way but prefer a quick striker then a Grabban type from Norwich would fit the bill.

With Sa there is no great pace nor not enough physical presence.
With Kanu there is no great pace and even less of a physical presence
With Blackman there is some pace but still no physical presence

I still hold out hope that Vydra will eventually find the right type of strike partner and I think he could play with either the quicker type or the stronger type but it doesn't really work with any of the 3 above.
Maybe Samuel could be that quick player and in time Liburd might develop into the bigger target man.

I wouldn't be that disappointed to lose Sa, Blackman or Kanu as long as a new striker were brought in (Bamford,Grabban,Nakhi Wells or even possibly Glen Murray if Bournemouth buy even more)and a line-up something like this as a 4-4-2 would at least be a better shape and maybe a better team:
A keeper (McCarthy back?)
New right-back of a defensive nature
McShane
Cooper
Taylor
McCleary
Tish
Norwood
Quinn

Vydra
Grabban

Subs who can make a difference to include Williams and John plus Keown and Samuel to be gradually incorporated into the side.

Unfortunately none of this will happen and "We will go with what we have got" and both Kanu and Gunter will be accommodated for the rest of the season as we slip further and further away from the top 6 and we keep an unhappy Blackman who then leaves on a free,

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 Dec 2015 14:13

CountryRoyal
leon
CountryRoyal

Is it fcuk

It's fair in the sense that Blackman was arguable the best player in the championship as the wide right forward in the 4-3-3, he's looked considerably worse anywhere else be it centrally (sorry not sorry) or right midfielder/winger in a 4-4-2.

Leon just instinctively disagrees with anything I say, don't worry about it.

janesdaddy

by janesdaddy » 30 Dec 2015 15:11

A "team player" in the same position would have scored more goals and provided more assists, and they would continue to do so on a frequent and regular basis. Blackman has always been shite. He just had a lucky streak which is over now. Time to sell him, at whatever price we can get, and move on.

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 30 Dec 2015 15:14

janesdaddy

A "team player" in the same position would have scored more goals and provided more assists, and they would continue to do so on a frequent and regular basis. Blackman has always been shite. He just had a lucky streak which is over now. Time to sell him, at whatever price we can get, and move on.

'greed, and lose his bad attitude at the same time. Knowing us, we'll pay out on another bumper contract and be lumbered with him for another 3 years!

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 30 Dec 2015 17:41

loyalroyal4life
Longhorn1970 Sadly I don't think the owners could resist £5m plus

Sadly I think anyone who thinks there is a chance of £5m+ is deluded.

If hammond manages to get that, he deserves a cookie

£4m for Hector anything is possible ! Not sure what Hammond had to do with it mind ...

898 posts