SUPER VYDRA

133 posts
Esteban

Re: SUPER VYDRA

by Esteban » 21 Jan 2016 20:34

Top Flight Who is the best then Esteban?

Who is your first choice strikeforce?

I would think Vydra would be part of it, regardless.

kirkrich

by kirkrich » 22 Jan 2016 11:16

If he was scoring a goal or two each game, he would be playing for a premiership club and not on loan to us. At this level you are not going to put away every chance, probably not even most chances. But if you are creating chances, assisting and banging in a few then that is realistically all you can hope for. There aren't that many players in this league who are prolific and stay at this level. There are probably some, but they command a big fee.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 22 Jan 2016 12:35

kirkrich ....At this level you are not going to put away every chance, probably not even most chances...

Or at any other level for that matter!

I still maintain that Vydra has been playing pretty well all along. He's suffered in front of goal and missed too many of his chances though but I don't think there was a better alternative, certainly not one that long term would be likely to outscore him whilst still offering his all-round positive effect on the team.

Playing out of position, playing in a side that wasn't performing and just being a bit out of form would've impacted on his confidence and form in front of goal. Hopefully now he's playing straight through the middle and has notched his hatrick he'll be flying high and will go on a long run of taking the chances he's previously been missing.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 22 Jan 2016 13:21

Also think its likely that gaining promotion bybscoring loads of goals and then being unceremoniously dumped back the the Championship was always going to hit his confidence quite hard

mambo3

by mambo3 » 22 Jan 2016 14:46

So far hes not worth the money we paid to loan him.
If he was as good as I am reading why did Watford Loan him out in the first place and VYDRA should of had no problem getting a Prem Team to go on loan to why drop a League?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Jan 2016 14:56

mambo3 So far hes not worth the money we paid to loan him.
If he was as good as I am reading why did Watford Loan him out in the first place and VYDRA should of had no problem getting a Prem Team to go on loan to why drop a League?
You're reading it wrong if you think anyone is saying he's a certainty to play well and score goals in the PL.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 22 Jan 2016 15:03

Forget about his loan fee Mambo.... It doesn't matter.

It is causing you to compare him to a ridiculous set of expectations that were determined by the amount he has cost the club to bring him in. You are judging him against a price that Vyrda didn't decide he is worth and has nothing to do with the team, results or anything else.

Just compare Vydra to the other striking options that we have at the club and will him to do well.

Vydra's price is causing alot of people to be overly negative about him when he is actually doing a decent job. You are judging him against a higher standard than all the other players.

Vydra is a fantastic player, he is doing a great job for the team. He is working extremely hard and I hope he does a good job again on Saturday against Wednesday and helps us win the game.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 22 Jan 2016 15:33

Is it not down to him to justify his loan fee? As Ian said, we paid that much because he has been proven to play well at this level, if he then doesn't live up to that level then it's his own fault. I agree, I don't think £2.5m would have been an overpayment had he shown his previous form, but he hasn't.

mambo3

by mambo3 » 22 Jan 2016 15:54

What is Vydra stats compared to POG.

You don't win games by working hard but by putting the ball in the back of the net!

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 22 Jan 2016 16:25

Well in the league Pog scored every 283 minutes-ish. Glenn Murray, who I think we all agree was a solid Championship striker, scored approx. every 191 minutes.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Jan 2016 17:45

kwik-silva Is it not down to him to justify his loan fee? As Ian said, we paid that much because he has been proven to play well at this level, if he then doesn't live up to that level then it's his own fault. I agree, I don't think £2.5m would have been an overpayment had he shown his previous form, but he hasn't.

No, you judge the club's management on how much we paid, whether it was reasonable at the time (it was) and whether in hindsight it's been worth it. Probably best to wait until the end of the season to do that last one though.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 22 Jan 2016 17:47

So the club management were good because they paid what he was worth during summer, but bad because Vydra under performed? (To this point?) How is that anybody but Vydra's fault?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 22 Jan 2016 17:52

Vydra didn't set his loan fee so kind of hard to expect him to justify it. He might think it was a crazy fee and he's worth a fraction of it.
You could more reasonably expect him to be held to account for his wages, which are bound to be significant.
But I'm not sure there is much to hold him to account for, he's putting in the effort, he's getting in the positions to score goals and I'm pretty certain he's not missed his chances deliberately.
He's just had a rough patch of form. It happens.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Jan 2016 17:52

kwik-silva So the club management were good because they paid what he was worth during summer, but bad because Vydra under performed? (To this point?) How is that anybody but Vydra's fault?

Because it's the club's job to get Vydra to perform. And it's not bad yet, because the season isn't over.

You judge Vydra just on his performances. Which have been good, if lacking in goals until this week.

Sometimes it's a little hard to divorce the fee from performances, like when Blackman was turd for two years despite costing over £1m and being signed at/for a higher level. But then, his effort for the team and attitude was somewhat questionable.

Cookie

by Cookie » 22 Jan 2016 18:32

Snowball 5820 Minutes 22 Goals 5 Assists 265 Mins/Goal 216 Mins/Goal-Assist Blackman (RFC All Seasons)

2611 Minutes 13 Goals 2 Assists 237 Mins/Goal 201Mins/Goal-Assist Blackman 2015-16
1544 Minutes 06 Goals 3 Assists 257 Mins/Goal 172Mins/Goal-Assist Vydra RFC 2015-16

Vydra's goals per minute this season is fractionally inferior to Blackman's tally this season

When assists are taken into consideration his stats are BETTER

Now add in his tackling back, and the excellent goal he helped make v Bristol

Great stats. :)

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 22 Jan 2016 20:56

kwik-silva Is it not down to him to justify his loan fee? .

No. HTH.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 22 Jan 2016 21:39

For whatever reason Vydra did not have a great first half of the season in fact he was poor value for money bearing in mind we only have him for a season.

However he's now looking like the player we thought he'd be.

For all the bollocks about Brian's treatment of Sa he's certainly getting Vydra to play well by showing faith in him and encouraging him.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 22 Jan 2016 21:41

With the addition of Kermorgsnt...so am I

Pretty excited

Snowball136

by Snowball136 » 22 Jan 2016 22:15

If they both play tomorrow and both score I'll fancy us to get into the POs with a week or two spare and then win them.

Incidentally you can get 66-1 for Reading to be promoted.

Not saying we will but if we win well tomorrow those odds will drop to 25-1

We all thought we had a great squad. Vydra coming good, Termagant coming in, the new kid, it's all looking very promising. I wouldn't write us off yet.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 23 Jan 2016 08:03

I agree with leon and spizz x

133 posts