SUPER VYDRA

133 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: SUPER VYDRA

by Sutekh » 23 Jan 2016 09:14

Could be interesting, now we have the Hydra and a Cormorant up front. Should be quite a bashing......

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 23 Jan 2016 15:44

Well at least he got himself into the position I guess

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 23 Jan 2016 17:27

Made the pen out of absolutely nothing. Should have let Piazon take it!

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 23 Jan 2016 19:31

Pepe the Horseman Made the pen out of absolutely nothing. Should have let Piazon take it!

Yes, also was fouled throughout the game and bought two yellows

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 23 Jan 2016 19:39

How many goals did he score?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 23 Jan 2016 19:41

Christ. Did you celebrate when he missed the pen?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 23 Jan 2016 19:53

:roll: Of course, who didn't?

He was brought here to score goals and once again he has failed to do so. Workrate excellent as usual but not what he was brought here for.
Last edited by sandman on 23 Jan 2016 19:55, edited 1 time in total.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 23 Jan 2016 19:54

I'm going to use my time. See how negative and hysterical the reaction is on here and then launch into a hungover rant tomorrow.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 23 Jan 2016 19:54

Poor game. Work rate was down.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Jan 2016 20:03

sandman :roll: Of course, who didn't?

He was brought here to score goals and once again he has failed to do so. Workrate excellent as usual but not what he was brought here for.

You don't bring in Vydra just for goals, he's not ALF, you bring him in for passing, pace and workrate too.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 23 Jan 2016 20:14

I remember the same bullsh!t spouted over Longy. You were wring then, too.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Jan 2016 20:42

Maneki Neko Poor game. Work rate was down.
reeeeeally?

Great (working their bollox off today) rate today against a team that scored a goal ( from a player we should've signed)...then defended deep, offered nothing...yet were well disciplined in the art of their defence.

Did a job on us until we scored...then it was all Reading...if procession and control got you points....we'd have got all three.

Motm shared with Williams HRK and Guntz

Awwwwww f11ck posted on the wrong thread ( don't bother moving it Mods....nobody normally takes notice anyway).....fwiw...Vydra worked his arse off today....Sheffield W. Tucked him up tho
Last edited by AthleticoSpizz on 23 Jan 2016 20:46, edited 1 time in total.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 23 Jan 2016 20:43

Snowball

I remember the same bullsh!t spouted over Longy. You were wring then, too.

Shane was a permanent member of our squad and was here for the long haul, to a certain extent we could afford to give a player who belongs to us the time. Vydra is a loan player, brought in as a proven commodity at this leveI, in order to score the goals that would give us a genuine tilt at promotion. He hasn't done that and he has fewer than 20 games left at the club before he goes back to Watford. I always liked Shane and wanted him to do well because he was and is a genuine guy who is a credit to his profession. I also want Vydra to do well and have acknowledged his work rate. I keep predicting he'll score in the prediction threads and i will him to

Note on Shane, according to Glen Little when Shane first arrived he couldn't even pass the ball 2 yards, even his team mates thought he wasn't going to make it and they like many of us are pleasantly surprised about how he has progressed. Perhaps you should tweet Blakey and abuse him for "spouting bullshit" about Long, I suspect that you don't have the stones to do so.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Jan 2016 21:43

Bloody hell Sandy, he got a hat-trick in the week and today narrowly missed a penalty, which he made from nothing. Get off his oxf*rd back. It's no wonder he's not at his best having to carry your dead weight everywhere with him.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 24 Jan 2016 00:48

Ian Royal Bloody hell Sandy, he got a hat-trick in the week and today narrowly missed a penalty, which he made from nothing. Get off his oxf*rd back. It's no wonder he's not at his best having to carry your dead weight everywhere with him.

To be fair my entire problem with his play so far is that he creates chances but doesn't take them, and narrowly missing a penalty isn't really good enough for a player who has been brought in to score goals though, is it?

1v1 against Wolves
Chance against Milton Keynes
Header against Brentford (About 55 seconds into that video)
Penalty today

Equally like Sandman I have no problem with his work ethic, but it's all about the fact that he's come in on loan and not done well enough. And if a hat-trick boosted his confidence, making it 'easier' for him to take chances, what does a penalty miss do to them? I get that the whole team has been going through somewhat of a slump, but Vydra's chances could have actually kickstarted getting out of that slump, but he's time and again squandered them. I genuinely do not think he's the best option at this point in time, and is probably better as an impact sub.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 24 Jan 2016 00:58

Wednesday's primary tactic was to score a goal and sit back.

Their secondary objective was clearly 'kick the shit out of Vydra'

He's a fantastic passer, more than does his defensive duties, is very creative and is fast as lightning. We are very lucky to have a player of his quality and workrate at this championship club, and I for one am a big fan.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 24 Jan 2016 01:13

Royal Ginger Wednesday's primary tactic was to score a goal and sit back.

He's a fantastic passer, more than does his defensive duties, is very creative and is fast as lightning. We are very lucky to have a player of his quality and workrate at this championship club, and I for one am a big fan.

We've paid £2.5m for a striker that's scored 2 goals in 20 league games you absolute fool.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 24 Jan 2016 01:18

P!ssed Off
Royal Ginger Wednesday's primary tactic was to score a goal and sit back.

He's scored 2 goals in 20 league games you absolute fool.

That's not very pleasant is it? I didn't say you had to feel the same, only that I appreciate him. My opinion is subjective. I also find it disappointing that you feel the need to resort to name calling, but again that opinion is subjective and I concede that it may be big and it may be clever.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 24 Jan 2016 02:59

From our 11 seasons in the 2nd tier since winning promotion from tier 3 in 2001/2.
Reading strikers* who have played at least 200 minutes. League appearances only.
Fair play to Vydra, doesn't quite make the bottom three.

*Included some part time strikers such as HRK, Blackman etc

Josef Fritzl

by Josef Fritzl » 24 Jan 2016 03:09

Very frustrating player. The talent and the effort are there just cant seem to put anything away. BM said as much and thought eventually it will all click for him. Starting to run out of time though.

133 posts