BFT'G Oop north

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

BFT'G Oop north

by bcubed » 10 Jan 2016 21:29

I only popped in to comment on back from the game and there isn't one! What gives?!

Here are my thoughts anyway

Huddersfield were decent. Kept the ball well, pacy and good neat quick passing. Looked very threatening throughout.

Odd tactics from Bri.
4 3 3 to start. Danny Williams out wide on the right, Norwood seemed to be just in from of back four. As a result neither was greatly involved. McCleary seemed to have a roaming role.
Didn't look right and didn't work

half time change in formation saw HRK moved out wide left and Williams back to the centre.
Norwood still seemed to be just in front of defence, so it was more like 4 1 4 1

Anyway whatever it was it looked slightly better but it wasn't until Piazon came that we started to hold onto the ball and create some opportunities. His best game (or part game) for Reading? Great finish from Vydra - let's hope there's more on the way

Penalty decisions were key. I was convinced that Al Habsi would be sent off and a pen given but we should defo have had one when Vydra was clattered right in front of us.

So maybe a fair result but up till Piazon came on we looked really poor
Last edited by bcubed on 10 Jan 2016 23:34, edited 1 time in total.

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

Re: BFTG Oop north

by semtex1871 » 10 Jan 2016 22:06

bcubed I only popped in to comment on back from the game and there isn't one! What gives?!

Here are my thoughts anyway

Huddersfield were decent. Kept the ball well, pacy and good neat quick passing. Looked very threatening throughout.

Odd tactics from Bri.
4 4 3 to start Danny Williams out wide on the right, Norwood seemed to be just in from of back four. As a result neither was greatly involved. McCleary seemed to have a roaming role.
Didn't look right and didn't work

half time change in formation saw HRK moved out wide left and Williams back to the centre.
Norwood still seemed to be just in front of defence, so it was more like 4 1 4 1

Anyway whatever it was it looked slightly better but it wasn't until Piazon came that we started to hold onto the ball and create some opportunities. His best game (or part game) for Reading? Great finish from Vydra - let's hope there's more on the way

Penalty decisions were key. I was convinced that Al Habsi would be sent off and a pen given but we should defo have had one when Vydra was clattered right in front of us.

So maybe a fair result but up till Piazon came on we looked really poor

And we still couldn't win?! :?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 11 Jan 2016 10:59

If we play 4-3-3 Tish has to play in the middle only player we've got who understands that role properly, so not surprised at all it didn't work out early on if that's how it started.

BBC Berks were suggesting we started 4-4-2 though, and then changed to 4-3-3 to adapt to their shape which is when we looked "better".

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 11 Jan 2016 11:12

442 diamond to start for 15 mins I thought. then he changed it, and then changed again 2nd half

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 11 Jan 2016 11:28

also, my instinct is Vydra shot was going in regardless of the deflection, so thats nice too.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 11 Jan 2016 14:24

melonhead 442 diamond to start for 15 mins I thought. then he changed it, and then changed again 2nd half

Seemed to me that Williams was wide right from the off

old woman

by old woman » 12 Jan 2016 15:46

Whatever the line up we were poor !st half. McCleary was woeful. Seemed to be upfront with HRK. Much better on the wing.
Vydra seemed up for it . At one point he lost the ball and ran 70 odd yards to tackle back.
Can't really comment on the penalty decisions as at the other end of the pitch but as usual the standard of officiating was poor.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 12 Jan 2016 18:53

thread title should be BFT'G Oop North.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 12 Jan 2016 23:23

tmesis thread title should be BFT'G Oop North.

Fair

old woman

Re: BFT'G Oop north

by old woman » 13 Jan 2016 17:46

Except for me it's a game in the South :lol:

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1