How impressed are you with BMcD's return to the club?

2058 posts
Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

Re: How impressed are you with BMcD's return to the club?

by Maneki Neko » 19 May 2016 16:07

RoyallyFcuked
Hoop Blah
Maneki Neko its daft to randomly say our lack of success over that period is his fault.
its also daft to say hes the equal of mosts/many championship RBs, while calling for him to be sold so we could get another would who could grow to that level.
its daft even if we had unlimited budget and didn't have way more important areas to strengthen.
youre daft

Did you lose all ability to read yesterday brendy? That's clearly not what IR was saying.

I knew it was brendy, can tell by the writing style and the fact he is a McDermott bum dweller.

How many more accounts are you going to make on here you loser, haven't you got like 6 already? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RattLOLed
im glad to have got your back up so easily.

everyone else knew it was brendy, because I said it was.
only ever use one at a time, each discarded as the post counts become embarrassingly large.

there are 3 in total including the Japanese lucky cat

not counting sadsack who is defunct and cannot be accessed

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 19 May 2016 19:55

Maneki Neko
RoyallyFcuked
Hoop Blah
Did you lose all ability to read yesterday brendy? That's clearly not what IR was saying.

I knew it was brendy, can tell by the writing style and the fact he is a McDermott bum dweller.

How many more accounts are you going to make on here you loser, haven't you got like 6 already? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RattLOLed
im glad to have got your back up so easily.

everyone else knew it was brendy, because I said it was.
only ever use one at a time, each discarded as the post counts become embarrassingly large.

there are 3 in total including the Japanese lucky cat

not counting sadsack who is defunct and cannot be accessed

:lol:
My back isn't up at all m8, just banter.

I'm hardly a regular and don't post in AE so I didn't know, I just had a feeling it was you from your posts without actually knowing.

And why does it matter what the post count is when all the regulars know how embarrassing you are anyway?

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 20 May 2016 14:25

its a good point, well made.

it just means Im not confronted with the sheer scale of my time wasting every time I look at my post count.
obvs don't care what anyone else thinks

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 May 2016 00:53

RoyallyFcuked
Maneki Neko
RoyallyFcuked
Similar actually to a lot of the signings made by McD (with the help of that Russian w@nkstain) after promotion, Pogrebnyak being the epitome of a player who was believed to be far better than he actually was.

But I remember I used to work with a Forest fan at the time and we spoke about the fact we'd signed two of their players (Gunter and McCleary) and the general feeling I got from him was that both were decent enough at Champ level but inconsistent, the type of players they could replace without too much trouble. Also had a friend that was a Watford fan, obviously we signed Mariappa at the time too, and his opinion on him was "he's ok, fast black man so that's good."

Reminds me of some of the players we've sold over the last 10 years or so for upwards of £1m, often we're thinking we've got a great price there, because we know from watching them every week that their really not that good, but for a club thats looking to buy they appear better than they actually are.

we say the same about most of the players we sell/who leave too.
human nature.

hes shit, didn't want him anyway etc

Often there is truth in it though. The fans that watch a player week in week out usually know whether they are the real deal or not, and if we genuinely feel they are a quality player we wouldn't say he's shit anyway etc.

The only real deal we've had in recent years is Sigurdsson, although I thought McCarthy was at the time and you could say Long is now as well.

I'm not convinced that all of our fans that go week in week out can tie their own shoe laces, let alone work out who's the real deal or not. People regularly say very good players are shit. There are total morons everywhere.

If you're setting the bar at Sigurdsson, arguably the most talented player to play for Reading in a decade or so, then you may as well give up, because it's ludicrously high.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 23 May 2016 13:13

Didn't want to start a new thread so will stick this here - as an alternative and if available would you want Ryan Giggs in charge at Reading FC?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 23 May 2016 13:15

paultheroyal Didn't want to start a new thread so will stick this here - as an alternative and if available would you want Ryan Giggs in charge at Reading FC?

Well, if you want more excitement as a match day experience - Giggs would be gr8. Pretty sure he could attract some players Reading wouldn't otherwise have a hope in hell of signing.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 23 May 2016 15:09

if you love him so much why don't you go and bum him kesmond

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 23 May 2016 16:15

Maneki Neko if you love him so much why don't you go and bum him kesmond

He only likes married people, so you're in with a shout.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 23 May 2016 16:18

IN!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 May 2016 18:03

paultheroyal Didn't want to start a new thread so will stick this here - as an alternative and if available would you want Ryan Giggs in charge at Reading FC?

Apart from the fact there's no way on Earth McDermott should be going anywhere until November at the absolute earliest, yes. Yes I would.

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 24 May 2016 12:29

Sasima photographed with a fan at Bird Hills golf course yesterday and allegedly said "It might be time for changes" in regards to the management when quizzed on McDermott.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 May 2016 12:57

:lol:

K9hassel

by K9hassel » 24 May 2016 15:52

One8Seven1* Sasima photographed with a fan at Bird Hills golf course yesterday and allegedly said "It might be time for changes" in regards to the management when quizzed on McDermott.

More like Sasima taking a break during the filming of the upcoming video with an as yet unknown British Boy Band . Seeing that her last effort wasn't a success shes using the homegrown method in her music videos as well.

Stevie G

by Stevie G » 24 May 2016 21:41

Maybe that's why it's all gone quiet after scheduled talks with the owners and Brian not mentioned by name in the plans for pre-season. Maybe there's a stealth move under foot, a replacement named as part of the 'pursuing a new venture' statement. Absolutely no substance, just conjecture.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 25 May 2016 14:31

Maneki Neko its a good point, well made.

it just means Im not confronted with the sheer scale of my time wasting every time I look at my post count.
obvs don't care what anyone else thinks

Haha tbf I can see your reasoning but I wouldn't worry about it too much fella, no one really cares so neither should you.

You're alright brendywendy.

Ian Royal
RoyallyFcuked Often there is truth in it though. The fans that watch a player week in week out usually know whether they are the real deal or not, and if we genuinely feel they are a quality player we wouldn't say he's shit anyway etc.

The only real deal we've had in recent years is Sigurdsson, although I thought McCarthy was at the time and you could say Long is now as well.

I'm not convinced that all of our fans that go week in week out can tie their own shoe laces, let alone work out who's the real deal or not. People regularly say very good players are shit. There are total morons everywhere.

If you're setting the bar at Sigurdsson, arguably the most talented player to play for Reading in a decade or so, then you may as well give up, because it's ludicrously high.

My original post was replying to talk about Gunter not being Prem level even though we signed him for it, I just said it reminds me that most of the players we've sold for upwards of a million pounds haven't really cut it at Prem level, Siggy and Long being the exceptions and the only ones that have got better.

Not setting the bar at Sigurdsson but I'd class 'real deal' as someone who can play regularly in the Prem. How many of our current team would even get into a Prem squad?

The main point is that opposition clubs looking in will often believe a player to be better than they are, and the fans that watch a player every week obviously have a better idea of how good (or mediocre) they are. The proper fans than know football to a decent extent anyway, not the mongtards you speak of.

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 25 May 2016 14:51

pwb I have never been impressed with McDermott, I have always thought he was lucky to get promoted last time and that showed, as we got relegated at first time of asking.

Sir John and his cronies are holding the club back, they should leave the new owners to spend their money how they want.

Whilst I agree that SJM still has too much influence, and he does; and Howe being in charge isn’t great for the club either, the Thai’s don’t have any money they’re willing to put into the football club. Charles Watts will back it up if you ask him, as he also heard that they mustered the money to buy the club, but they don’t have money to put into the club. Hence their comments about not making money in the Championship and they will sell if we can’t win promotion to the Premier League within a few years.

The REP profits wont go into the football club. That’s their money-maker. That’s their attraction here. Then they'll sell the club minus it’s most sellable asset - the land around the stadium.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 27 May 2016 11:43

One8Seven1*
pwb I have never been impressed with McDermott, I have always thought he was lucky to get promoted last time and that showed, as we got relegated at first time of asking.

Sir John and his cronies are holding the club back, they should leave the new owners to spend their money how they want.

Whilst I agree that SJM still has too much influence, and he does; and Howe being in charge isn’t great for the club either, the Thai’s don’t have any money they’re willing to put into the football club. Charles Watts will back it up if you ask him, as he also heard that they mustered the money to buy the club, but they don’t have money to put into the club. Hence their comments about not making money in the Championship and they will sell if we can’t win promotion to the Premier League within a few years.

The REP profits wont go into the football club. That’s their money-maker. That’s their attraction here. Then they'll sell the club minus it’s most sellable asset - the land around the stadium.

He has zero influence as today's news underlines.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 27 May 2016 11:49

Vision
One8Seven1*

He has zero influence as today's news underlines.

Not sure about that, probably a mutual decision that he was part of to be honest.

Stevie G

by Stevie G » 27 May 2016 21:23

Stevie G Maybe that's why it's all gone quiet after scheduled talks with the owners and Brian not mentioned by name in the plans for pre-season. Maybe there's a stealth move under foot, a replacement named as part of the 'pursuing a new venture' statement. Absolutely no substance, just conjecture.

Felt a bit pessimistic after posting this.
Vindicated.
Like the ' mutual' comment since as well, i think he and the players knew weeks ago,probably being touted shortly after the cup exit.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 28 May 2016 00:00

One8Seven1*

Sorry 1871 but no one can actually give any facts apart from the owners themselves.

SJM most likely Had little say in sacking BMcD today - the majority of the board decided it and will fund his exit - and why do you believe everything CW spouts? IMO I thought they backed Clarke well last pre season.

Only time will tell whether they back the club half as much this year as they did last year.

2058 posts