CONFIMRED - Deniss Rakels

357 posts
Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

Re: CONFIMRED - Deniss Rakels

by Extended-Phenotype » 05 Feb 2016 07:50

Nah, don't feel doomy n gloomy. More disinterested n nonplussed.

Club has been flatlining in the league for years now, its all been about patience and time but neither seem to make an awful lot of difference. The FA cup could be the shine on the turd again this year which is good but it doesn't really factor like a step forward or register as any kind of progress.

I'd like to think we might grow a bit by the end of the season but we don't really seem to learn much game to game. Maybe we can rebuild a little in the summer but the club seem a bit disinterested in players contracts so we might lose a few moderate players, bring in a few new ones of lower value, and see if we get lucky but its all a bit flat.

Academy lads might push on but we will probably loan out the promising ones for a bit of dosh and sell the good ones sharpish. It's nice to have another income stream but was kinda hoping this would be our way of building our own team. Bit of a shame our lineup is primarily for giving loan players a run about while permanent signings aren't afforded the same opportunities to find form and develop.

Seems most of this season and no doubt the next will be about debating small statistical fluctuations as a sign of something but its all a bit boring.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 05 Feb 2016 08:40

I suppose that s the problem at the moment. We've so many loanees and players out of contract at the end of the season, we know that a large proportion of this lot won't be around next season. I'm always optimistic that we can go on a decent run and there are plenty of games still to play but the overriding factor is that we're just going through the motions for the remainder of the season.

It all seems a little pointless when we know how much change will have to be made in the summer.

With that in mind and back to the OP I don't have a problem with the Rakels signing or indeed the Evans one but they really are for the longer term once the current loanees disappear.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 05 Feb 2016 12:24

Extended-Phenotype Nah, don't feel doomy n gloomy. More disinterested n nonplussed.

Club has been flatlining in the league for years now, its all been about patience and time but neither seem to make an awful lot of difference. The FA cup could be the shine on the turd again this year which is good but it doesn't really factor like a step forward or register as any kind of progress.

I'd like to think we might grow a bit by the end of the season but we don't really seem to learn much game to game. Maybe we can rebuild a little in the summer but the club seem a bit disinterested in players contracts so we might lose a few moderate players, bring in a few new ones of lower value, and see if we get lucky but its all a bit flat.

Academy lads might push on but we will probably loan out the promising ones for a bit of dosh and sell the good ones sharpish. It's nice to have another income stream but was kinda hoping this would be our way of building our own team. Bit of a shame our lineup is primarily for giving loan players a run about while permanent signings aren't afforded the same opportunities to find form and develop.

Seems most of this season and no doubt the next will be about debating small statistical fluctuations as a sign of something but its all a bit boring.

Sad, but true. :(

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 06 Feb 2016 01:56

Piazon, Fernandez, John, Hector and Taylor all bench regulars and not routine starters since other players have become fit in their positions. Our only loan ever present is Vydra since McD returned.

2 years out of the last 10-15 not in the premier league or fighting for it,I can make peace with that.

Snowball136

by Snowball136 » 06 Feb 2016 08:59

It all seems to have gone meh since Sir John lost full control

Just saying'...

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 06 Feb 2016 09:26

Royal Ginger Piazon, Fernandez, John, Hector and Taylor all bench regulars and not routine starters since other players have become fit in their positions. Our only loan ever present is Vydra since McD returned.

2 years out of the last 10-15 not in the premier league or fighting for it,I can make peace with that.

I make it 4 or 5, depending on how you want to define it.

2003-2005, 2009-10, 2014-2016.

This season is a :| -fest. As I said, its one eye on any glimmers of hope for next season.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 06 Feb 2016 10:07

Royal Ginger Piazon, Fernandez, John, Hector and Taylor all bench regulars and not routine starters since other players have become fit in their positions. Our only loan ever present is Vydra since McD returned.

Don't you go thinking that you'll get away with balanced, sensible writing on this board.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 06 Feb 2016 14:59

On the bench ...

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 06 Feb 2016 21:38

Looked quite lively when he came on. Decent pace too. Might be something about him I reckon. Promising 10 minutes or so

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 07 Feb 2016 01:06

The Cannibal looked alright when he came on.

Josef Fritzl

by Josef Fritzl » 07 Feb 2016 01:12

I'll tip him to have scored more league goals than Vydra by the end of the season.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 07 Feb 2016 11:06

Josef Fritzl I'll tip him to have scored more league goals than Vydra by the end of the season.

I had more hope of the black bag scoring that Vydra,

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Feb 2016 20:04

Looks too much like a WW2 Latvian prison guard to be merciful when shooting etc etc

Still don't understand his "standing to attention" stance whilst Johns' cross passed him by late in the game tho

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 07 Feb 2016 21:38

AthleticoSpizz Looks too much like a WW2 Latvian prison guard to be merciful when shooting etc etc

Still don't understand his "standing to attention" stance whilst Johns' cross passed him by late in the game tho

I'm loving the cannibal already

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 08 Feb 2016 10:01

Extended-Phenotype Just another 'Sa' type deal.

Watch, they will become very common.

In, play a couple of games, dropped, some vague excuses, out.

How can you say this without even having seen him? Why don't you give him a chance? He might be another Vydra (at Watford) signing for all you know.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 08 Feb 2016 14:08

McD building a team for next season by playing those that will be here as much as possible so that they integrate on the pitch.

If we were still pushing for the playoffs/promotion as a short term goal then chances are some of the loanees would be playing more games.

I have no problem with performances suffering this season if it's part of a plan to be stronger next season as long as we are comfortably safe from relegation and in my view, based on current form we're not.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 09 Jul 2016 20:53

Winston Smith

the more I see of this guy, the more I like him

So scared he pissed his pants today?

357 posts