BFTG - Huddersfield

225 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Huddersfield

by genome » 20 Jan 2016 10:35

With Zac on this one. From my vantage point at the match Vydra would've been clean through and would've been able to get a shot off. I've seen them not given but it was just about a red.

Jano

by Jano » 20 Jan 2016 10:36

LWJ
Jano Nicely timed image capture there just missing off the two defenders coming over - Vydra didn't have the ball completely under control so I think they would have at least been able to put in a challenge before he got a shot away. All I am saying is that I don't think it was a stonewall red card. It is his own fault for challenging in that position and committing a foul which is giving the referee a decision to make, but I have definitely seen those given as a foul and yellow card before.

the image capture is timed at when he was fouled! Of course the other defenders can come over later whilst Vydra is lying on the floor ffs!

You are an idiot. Good luck to your employers.

It's also zoomed in to miss the two other defenders. All I am saying, and others clearly agree with me, is that this is not as clear cut as you seem to think. I have seen yellow cards giving for challenges like this and I would say a red card is a little harsh, you obviously don't think so, let's just agree to disagree.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Jan 2016 10:36

CountryRoyal
genome Would just like to say that 635 from Huddersfield was a cracking effort from them.

635? Was there fukk.

According to Charles Watts' twitter there was. Seemed about right to me.

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 20 Jan 2016 10:37

Jano
Can't imagine we'll pay him enough, probably after a contract at Swansea.

I get the feeling he's angling for a move away, and if he does OK at the Euros then he will certainly be off.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 20 Jan 2016 10:38

Jano Nicely timed image capture there just missing off the two defenders coming over - Vydra didn't have the ball completely under control so I think they would have at least been able to put in a challenge before he got a shot away. All I am saying is that I don't think it was a stonewall red card. It is his own fault for challenging in that position and committing a foul which is giving the referee a decision to make, but I have definitely seen those given as a foul and yellow card before.

Just for you dopey. The defender with the ball is the one who fouled him. Note the other players aren't any closer to vydra who is on the fcuking floor and hasn't moved!!

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 20 Jan 2016 10:38

Jano It's also zoomed in to miss the two other defenders. All I am saying, and others clearly agree with me, is that this is not as clear cut as you seem to think. I have seen yellow cards giving for challenges like this and I would say a red card is a little harsh, you obviously don't think so, let's just agree to disagree.

It's not, that's just how it has appeared when posted on the forum, right click > view image to see the full image.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 20 Jan 2016 10:38

wingnut It wasn't "right down the middle", he was over to the left, he didn't have the ball properly under control and there were two other defenders.
Plus it was Vydra.

after last nights hattrick that seems a little churlish
silly even

defo a red.
you can argue about the rule being shit. but its still the rule(law)

Jano

by Jano » 20 Jan 2016 10:39

Wonderful, thank you very much for clearing that up as there obviously wasn't anyone else on the pitch at the time.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 20 Jan 2016 10:40

The direction of the play. - towards goal
The location of the foul. - edge of box, pretty central
The proximity of the player to the ball. - proximal
The probability of controlling the ball. - if not fouled, 100%
The location and number of opponents. - none if not fouled
The opportunity for the attempt on goal - 100%

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 20 Jan 2016 10:40

Jano open the image on another tab and stop embarrassing yourself

Jano

by Jano » 20 Jan 2016 10:42

I have seen the image. I have seen the replay. I was at the match. I think it was a harsh red card, that's my opinion and you aren't going to change it, sorry.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 20 Jan 2016 10:44

Pepe the Horseman How did Piazon and Hal play?

I know, right?!

brian just keeps picking them. tut

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 20 Jan 2016 10:45

Huddesfield should use you as part of their appeal then, as obviously you know a lot about football :roll:

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 20 Jan 2016 10:45

obvious-g8

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 20 Jan 2016 10:45

Pepe the Horseman How did Piazon and Hal play?

Both pretty crap to be honest. A little harsh on Robson-Kanu perhaps, but only because he had to play on the wrong side once McCleary went off injured and perhaps Piazon who was positively involved in a few key moments of course.

I'd have been tempted to hook Piazon off after 25 minutes as he was showing all his negative traits without any of the good stuff to balance them out. He grew into the game a little, but so a player of his type should when the extra space comes thanks to the opposition being down to 10.

Great to see Vydra take his chances well. He had one or two before his goal that he might have done better with, but he was clinical after putting the first one away (which he made look easy to be fair).

The most positive thing that came out of last night, IMO, was the obvious team spirit among those on the pitch. You could see how much it meant to Vydra to score and it was noticeable how many of his teammates made special effort to congratulate him. They, unlike some fans and certain muppets in the media, obviously recognise his effort, quality and how well he's been playing (without the goals).

I've seen a few comments on how well Cooper played. He's decent enough but yet again we've looked shakey with him at the back and he's made errors that have led to goals and chances going against us. He's a decent prospect, but he's far from the finished article and the sooner McShane gets back in the side the better.

Feel a bit sorry for Sa!

Jano

by Jano » 20 Jan 2016 10:56

LWJ Huddesfield should use you as part of their appeal then, as obviously you know a lot about football :roll:

For gods sake, all I am saying is I've seen those given as a foul/yellow card rather than a foul/red card, and we were lucky that the referee gave it as a red card.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 20 Jan 2016 10:57

No, we'd have been unlucky if he only gave a yellow.

Like we were unlucky with the Ref on Saturday.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 20 Jan 2016 10:58

Jano
LWJ Huddesfield should use you as part of their appeal then, as obviously you know a lot about football :roll:

For gods sake, all I am saying is I've seen those given as a foul/yellow card rather than a foul/red card, and we were lucky that the referee gave it as a red card.

using past shit referees as your bench mark is a bit mental, since weve all seen players sent off when not supposed to be, or not sent off when they should have been, yellow cards for diving when it was a fould, they give free kicks and throw ins the wrong way etc etc etc

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 20 Jan 2016 10:58

I just think it looked harsh and I said as such at the game, my m8s agreed and everyone else around us were surprised at the colour of the card shown.
We just have to look back to Saturday for an example of where a different interpretation is applied to a similar incident.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 20 Jan 2016 11:00

We're lucky the ref got a fairly clear cut decision right ?
What is the game coming to !
It's very dodgy to say you've seen those given as yellows, no two incidents are the same and comparing a real incident with a vague 'once saw something a bit like that' is not going to stand up in court.

225 posts