by genome » 17 Jul 2017 11:41

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

Re: Charlie Watts - great journo

by LWJ » 17 Jul 2017 11:49

genome https://twitter.com/NathStPaulBAWF/status/886852078546636800

This bloke :roll:

Does some poncy walk and suddenly thinks he's the voice of Reading.. beggars belief why he's entertained by so many mongs

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Jul 2017 11:59

he sounds like a bit of knob to be fair

J Low's output on this trip has been pretty reasonable. Not amazing, but quite informative, some good interviews and a little bit of insight.

I do wonder if maybe he has been freed from the shackles of having to do some of the other cr@p he no doubt has to do for GR has given him a chance to get to know the job a bit better. Here's hoping anyway

Russell Kempson on the other hand....why is he trying to pick some sort of fight with Huddersfield? Writing totally irrelevant pieces about a team in a different division to us. Awful articles as well.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 17 Jul 2017 12:01

genome https://twitter.com/NathStPaulBAWF/status/886852078546636800

This bloke :roll:

Thank the lord it's not just me. The final straw was him saying "I don't care about anything off the pitch, I go to games to watch football - the end" or words to that effect.

Confirmed he doesn't care who chairman is, who owners, funding, finances, training facilities, etc...

He's a total and utter moron, I used to like him but he's the biggest oxf*rd on there now - and I mean that, the biggest caaant, not one of them... the ultimate, top of the table oxf*rd

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 Jul 2017 12:05

Hound J Low's output on this trip has been pretty reasonable. Not amazing, but quite informative, some good interviews and a little bit of insight.

I do wonder if maybe he has been freed from the shackles of having to do some of the other cr@p he no doubt has to do for GR has given him a chance to get to know the job a bit better. Here's hoping anyway

Or maybe he's benefitting actually having something write about instead of having to churn out endless bollocks to fill space and get clicks.

I'm no fan of Jonathan Low but its a shit job having to fill space when there's nothing to say.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 17 Jul 2017 12:11

Hound he sounds like a bit of knob to be fair

J Low's output on this trip has been pretty reasonable. Not amazing, but quite informative, some good interviews and a little bit of insight.

Russell Kempson on the other hand....why is he trying to pick some sort of fight with Huddersfield? Writing totally irrelevant pieces about a team in a different division to us. Awful articles as well.

Not sure if you usually use twitter but he's a total d1ck. The worst example was about a month ago.

One twitter user puts a poll up, directly including JLow with the question of "What do you think of JLow"?

Option 1) good reporter
Option 2) terrible
Option 3) He should quit
Option 4) He's a twat

I replied to him saying that it was totally unfair to include Jlow like that for just doing a job, and yet with the option of "Twat".

Nath St Paul then comes in with things like "Get your nose out of his arse".... "Are you really that desperate to do the fan's verdict"? "he's a professional journalist and should be able to take it".

Him and a few others constantly criticise JLow - as I've said before, if you don't like it, DON'T read it. I never read GR and keep up to date via twitter and here mainly.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Aug 2017 18:38

@jonathanl50 3h
Dare I suggest it...anyone fancy a #readingfc return for @nblackman89?!

@jackpoporski 27m
@jonathanl50 Does anyone fancy the return of Charles Watts

:lol:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 09 Aug 2017 18:45

genome @jonathanl50 3h
Dare I suggest it...anyone fancy a #readingfc return for @nblackman89?!

@jackpoporski 27m
@jonathanl50 Does anyone fancy the return of Charles Watts

:lol:

Brutal :lol:

But after that idiotic comment he really has cemented himself as utterly clueless.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Aug 2017 18:52

Bit harsh

Going out on a limb a bit - I think JLow has improved quite a bit. Still not really up to an acceptable level but he is a lot better than he was

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 09 Aug 2017 18:57

Hound Bit harsh

Going out on a limb a bit - I think JLow has improved quite a bit. Still not really up to an acceptable level but he is a lot better than he was

Agree that he has got a lot better. He seems to have developed.

* although that article is ridiculous. If it was just a tweet it would be a jokey funny thing to just get a reaction and interact with followers. But the article and genuine suggestion is silly

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 09 Aug 2017 21:53

Hound Bit harsh

Agreed

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 09 Aug 2017 22:02

Seriously ... some people

How oxf*rd rude, insulting and disrespectful are some people these days. How he thinks it's acceptable to say stuff like this is beyond me

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 10 Aug 2017 00:01

Fcking Hell.

Jonathan Low is a fcking human being.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Aug 2017 01:01

Yep there's just no need for that, they wouldn't say any of this stuff to his face and that's probably the thing that pisses me off the most. Specky little muggy keyboard warriors that think they're big and funny for being rude to a guy for trying to do his job.

Bet half the pcunts having a go are unemployed anyway.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 10 Aug 2017 04:18

It's ridiculous how they think just because he's the Reading FC reporter he should have 5-6 sources inside the club telling him every little drop of transfer news before it breaks. Complete nonsense. I'd like to see those criticising him try and find a source, maybe they'll see how hard it is. Watts clearly had no source when he took over - takes time to build up those kind of contacts I assume.

photographer

by photographer » 10 Aug 2017 05:25

Why the fck are you guys so in love with Charles Watts?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Aug 2017 06:45

Watts is a good journo tbf. Does the social media thing well and was breaking news at GR in his time there

But as said he probably spent 3-4 years building up his contacts, which clearly JL doesn't yet have

Actually fairly impressed how thick a skin JLow appears to have. Fair play to him for that, first time I've seen him bite

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 10 Aug 2017 07:24

urz13 It's ridiculous how they think just because he's the Reading FC reporter he should have 5-6 sources inside the club telling him every little drop of transfer news before it breaks. Complete nonsense. I'd like to see those criticising him try and find a source, maybe they'll see how hard it is. Watts clearly had no source when he took over - takes time to build up those kind of contacts I assume.

Agreed, I just can't get over how disrespectful, rude and insulting he and others have been. As fans we think about the team and club a lot. How would these people react and perform if we said "Your role is to report on Oldham Athletic" and then they have a bunch of moaning fans 24/7 saying how sh*t a journalist they are.

He's doing a job ffs, earning a living and I assume has worked hard, maybe been to uni, worked at different jobs and had then landed an opportunity with GR only to be whinged at by self-righteous tools about his working hours, telling him to quit.

I'm actually pretty fcking angry at the bullying nature of some of them. Hiding behind internet personas thinking that it's ok to tell someone he's a twat for doing a job, and to quit, and he's poor, and "we need a decent reporter". Seriously? How unbelievably rude, unfair, pretty cruel and unkind is that?!

Hound Actually fairly impressed how thick a skin JLow appears to have. Fair play to him for that, first time I've seen him bite

This

He seems to reply to many different people, including these d1cks and doesn't block them as I've seen him more than once reply to the same rude tweets

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 10 Aug 2017 08:45

Charles Watts managed to get a fantastic source and that was Brian Tevreden - Brian obviously liked Watts a lot and I note the exclusive interviews with him were still conducted by Watts even when he had moved on to do his Arsenal thing.

I remember Liam Moore tweeting him when he said he was leaving the post saying he knew more about his transfer saga than Moore did and that was down to Brian.

It seems to me that J-LOW hasn't been able to nurture the same relationship and I suspect the arrival of Ron Gourlay has made us more circumspect just as we were under Hammond...

I think the stuff directed at Jonathan Low is uncalled for. Its clearly been a steep learning curve and being the reporter for the local club comnes with a level of exposure which is different to just being a wider journo on a local rag. Recent stuff has been much better. The inexcusable mangling of language has gone. I think what is missing is the ability to think more laterally to develop a story - I'd be all over the down grading of Madjeski story if I was him (Madjeski never one to shy away from a quote) or trying to get Ron to do an interview about his thoughts for the club). Or getting Lee Herron to do an interview on how the academy is developing and his thoughts on the new players coming through.... rather than just waiting for the latest twitter rumour to pop up.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 10 Aug 2017 09:29

To clarify, my other post was just laughing at the witty response to his tweet, and not mocking J-Low specifically.

I maintain that going out of your way to complain directly about a service that is completely free and optional is the epitome of belmontery

163 posts