Hound Agreed. Twitter just attracts w@nkers to be fair

How many tweets have you made, Hound :?:

:D

none as it happens...

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Charlie Watts - great journo

by bobby1413 » 12 Jun 2017 12:56

Some now messaging JL calling him out for scheduled tweets or re-posting of stories. He's responded saying that it's usually to avoid people missing something and that each tweet or story is posted several times at set points.

Are people that thick?

Don't like - unfollow for feck sake
Also, tons of these companies and organisations re-post so that it reaches a higher audience.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 12 Jun 2017 15:08

@RFCCSB
Ask a question about a local journo,interpreted by some as abusive...receives abuse

@RFCCSB
It made me wonder how many boyfriends he's got!!

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Jun 2017 17:26

Sutekh TBF to JL isn't part of the problem the fact he's supposedly only temporary in the role so is only "filling in" while he does other things?

Have to say though I'm migrating more to the Chronicle site for "news" as at least it's not quite so perforated with the appalling layout, site adverts and continual pop ups that slow everything down and make the actual sentence of actual news that has been written difficult to find.

Is it just me or has the chronicle seemed to increase the frequency/quality of rfc related articles of late?

Perhaps exploiting the very public dissatisfaction with GR.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 12 Jun 2017 17:31

genome @RFCCSB
Ask a question about a local journo,interpreted by some as abusive...receives abuse

@RFCCSB
It made me wonder how many boyfriends he's got!!

It's laughable how he says "interpreted as abuse". How is directing a tweet at an individual where the option of describing them includes the word TWAT.

You've got idiots like this guy and Nath St Paul saying "his boyfriends need to get their tongue out of his arse" and "how embarrassing for you to defend him" ... "are you that desperate to do the fan verdict the you're sucking up to him?"

It's utterly pathetic and never has the word pathetic been so well suited

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Jun 2017 18:32

bobby1413 It's utterly pathetic and never has the word pathetic been so well suited

The only thing I can think of which remotely comes close is some of Gunter's defending.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Jun 2017 19:20

CountryRoyal
Sutekh TBF to JL isn't part of the problem the fact he's supposedly only temporary in the role so is only "filling in" while he does other things?

Have to say though I'm migrating more to the Chronicle site for "news" as at least it's not quite so perforated with the appalling layout, site adverts and continual pop ups that slow everything down and make the actual sentence of actual news that has been written difficult to find.

Is it just me or has the chronicle seemed to increase the frequency/quality of rfc related articles of late?

Perhaps exploiting the very public dissatisfaction with GR.
just do not bother with GR anymore (for anything...their "newspaper" is virtually unreadable on an iPad...repetitively refreshing and reloading.....you give up on it before you get to the end of the story)

With exception to the "thug-gate" thing, the Chronic has always been a decent read for any local sport...... and comes in a media that you can pick up and put down anytime you like.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 12 Jun 2017 20:54

That RFC Carl bloke along with Nath St Paul have been complete w*nkers ever since JL took over. In what world do they think it's acceptable for abusing a man for doing his job. Last time I checked we're not forced to read GR or follow JL on twitter so there is absolutely no excuse for any abuse.

There are many other ways to get RFC related news if they're unhappy with GR. Personally I think JL is doing a decent job and is improving as time goes on. It really just says a lot about the sort of people they must be if they hurl abuse at a local journalist who is clearly trying. Nath, walking to a football match for charity doesn't mean you're not a massive oxf*rd. Anyone else abusing him, whether they are happy with his articles or not, can do one as well.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 15 Jun 2017 11:50

I suspect half of what they don't like about the articles are things dictated by GR rather than the journalist, things like "We need you to pump out one article a day" regardless of whether there's anything newsworthy to discuss.

It's a free service though, they don't force you to visit their site and if you choose to do so and don't like it, don't return.... If it was a paid service and you paid for something different to what was on offer then you may have a valid argument for requesting a refund.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Jun 2017 13:20

Forbury Lion I suspect half of what they don't like about the articles are things dictated by GR rather than the journalist, things like "We need you to pump out one article a day" regardless of whether there's anything newsworthy to discuss.

It's a free service though, they don't force you to visit their site and if you choose to do so and don't like it, don't return.... If it was a paid service and you paid for something different to what was on offer then you may have a valid argument for requesting a refund.

Oh it's certainly not all JLs fault - was a bit of an eye opener that the minute CW reappears he gets a nice chunky interview with BT.

Do wonder if he is not sharing his contacts book a little there....

GR needs to pull it socks up though as very soon it's going to be completely irrelevant

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 15 Jun 2017 16:32

Hound GR needs to pull it socks up though as very soon it's going to be completely irrelevant
You Hound are Clive Baskerville and I claim my five pounds

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Jun 2017 18:02

Ha no I'm not.

About half his age judging on his profile pic

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 16 Jun 2017 18:10

bbcode image link

Is there anything this guy does like?!

Absolute moaning c*nt. People like this do my head in.

- flags. Oh god how embarrassing
- goal music - really?!!!
- sweet Caroline - how awful!
- family section - kill me now!
- a mosaic for Wembley - I'm not fcking doing that!
- Chinese can f*ck off. We don't need them
- I'm against REP - not in RFC interests

Seriously? What pleasure do you get out of this club? What is wrong with your miserable pointless joyless lives that you can't stop being critical of each and everything the club and It's fans do?!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Jun 2017 09:13

bobby1413
bbcode image link

Seriously? What pleasure do you get out of this club? What is wrong with your miserable pointless joyless lives that you can't stop being critical of each and everything the club and It's fans do?!

Agreed. Mind you that song seems like two different ones badly "nailed" together. But it's fun to sing and that's the point.

PS - with Rakels gone, perhaps change his line to use Yann's name?

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 17 Jun 2017 14:29

bobby1413
bbcode image link

He likes walking and self promotion.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Jun 2017 10:01

Low has tweeted the same link 16 times since 7:30 :lol:

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 21 Jun 2017 10:06

genome Low has tweeted the same link 16 times since 7:30 :lol:

That is pretty farking stupid

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Jun 2017 18:14

Looking at the utter cr@p filling up that site currently (how many points will Reading win in August?) I'm starting to just feel sorry for him :(

lightning strikes

by lightning strikes » 30 Jun 2017 14:38

This is pretty bad
http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... g-13257586
The answer to the first question is 'i don't really know what Pellets is like'. Which makes the rest of the interview void and a decent journo would have stopped there and looked for another source.

Tilehurst End did a much better job in the same theme.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Jun 2017 15:00

lightning strikes This is pretty bad
http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... g-13257586
The answer to the first question is 'i don't really know what Pellets is like'. Which makes the rest of the interview void and a decent journo would have stopped there and looked for another source.

Tilehurst End did a much better job in the same theme.

I was thinking that as well! And together with the day after day after day of utterly pointless "stories" about what other clubs are doing in the transfer market makes you wonder why they bother with Reading at all. Or perhaps they don't but don't want to actually say it.

At the end of the day I could do a better job and what I know about journalism and contacts in the game you could write on the proverbial postage stamp.

But isn't the internet wonderful..... :roll:

163 posts