Reading vs. Steaua Bucharest - Friendly Match - 26.07.1995

eddiegrundy

Re: Reading vs. Steaua Bucharest - Friendly Match - 26.07.1995

by eddiegrundy » 05 Feb 2016 17:27

Vlad

There was no ticket issued for this game. I have a large collection of Reading programmes and if there had been a ticket I would have kept it with the programme. FYI The player on the front cover of the programme is Adrian Williams. There is some reference to the match in the programme for the following league game against Derby County although it is not a proper match report, There is a picture of Trevor Morley which also includes a Steaua player.

Regards

mingul

by mingul » 07 Feb 2016 11:19

eddiegrundy Vlad

There was no ticket issued for this game. I have a large collection of Reading programmes and if there had been a ticket I would have kept it with the programme. FYI The player on the front cover of the programme is Adrian Williams. There is some reference to the match in the programme for the following league game against Derby County although it is not a proper match report, There is a picture of Trevor Morley which also includes a Steaua player.

Regards

Thank you very much! Very useful for my research!

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 07 Feb 2016 14:28

The Steau friendly was announced at really short notice so it was just pay on the gate. The attendance wasn't large and Steau absolutely destroyed Reading - they had some very useful players at the time including ones we were familiar with from the '94 World Cup side

mingul

by mingul » 08 Feb 2016 19:30

Maguire The Steau friendly was announced at really short notice so it was just pay on the gate. The attendance wasn't large and Steau absolutely destroyed Reading - they had some very useful players at the time including ones we were familiar with from the '94 World Cup side

That would actually make some sense since Steaua were invited to play at the Ibrox International Tournament (together with Tottenham and Sampdoria - if I recall well). So they might have come to England a week before, and try to find some opponents on the spot.

They also played Bournemouth (I believe 2-3 days before Reading), another match from which I obviously search the ticket (since I did manage to find the extreme rare programme from that match).

Thanks so much to all the kind people that did not troll and which sent some photos and match report on my e-mail.

Sincerely yours,
Vlad