2005/2006 worst game of the season?

User avatar
Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 13418
Joined: 06 Jul 2004 08:39
Location: enjoying the money

2005/2006 worst game of the season?

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 26 Feb 2016 15:38

Just wondered, it seemed okay all the way through, were there any games as bad as Tuesdays has been made out to be?

User avatar
Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3694
Joined: 15 Mar 2005 15:42
Location: GEEK

Re: 2005/2006 worst game of the season?

by Winchester Royal » 26 Feb 2016 15:43

Harpers So Solid Crew wrote:Just wondered, it seemed okay all the way through, were there any games as bad as Tuesdays has been made out to be?


Plymouth?

User avatar
Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 13418
Joined: 06 Jul 2004 08:39
Location: enjoying the money

Re: 2005/2006 worst game of the season?

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 26 Feb 2016 16:02

http://www.royals.org/matdoc/060805.html

Says plenty of positives, unlucky to lose.

Was it really as bad as Tuesday?

User avatar
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1677
Joined: 21 Jan 2010 00:47
Location: Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio

Re: 2005/2006 worst game of the season?

by John Smith » 26 Feb 2016 16:03

Winchester Royal wrote:
Harpers So Solid Crew wrote:Just wondered, it seemed okay all the way through, were there any games as bad as Tuesdays has been made out to be?


Plymouth?

"You thought that was worse than Tuesday? Then you are not a supporter of this club"

User avatar
Hendo
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2216
Joined: 25 Mar 2012 20:53

Re: 2005/2006 worst game of the season?

by Hendo » 26 Feb 2016 19:16

Can't remember too well but probably both Watford games as they ended 0-0.

http://www.royals.org/matdoc/270805.html - this one doesn't even have a match report :shock:

http://www.royals.org/matdoc/110306.html

Watford seems to always stick out as one of the worst games of the season.


User avatar
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 45504
Joined: 15 Apr 2004 13:43
Location: Playing spot the pc*nt on HNA?

Re: 2005/2006 worst game of the season?

by Ian Royal » 26 Feb 2016 19:40

Luton was a touch disappointing after going 33 games unbeaten.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4300
Joined: 17 Jun 2008 17:43
Location: Liburd for England

Re: 2005/2006 worst game of the season?

by SCIAG » 27 Feb 2016 00:05

Rotherham wasn't the worst match of the season. It was bad, but it was significantly better than pitiful showings against Fulham and Leeds. It was also a country mile ahead of, well, any home league match in the second half of last season. Leeds and Wigan stood out to me as the worst Reading performances in the Football League in a decade.

I think the two Watford matches in 2005/06 (I had the misfortune of being at both) were worse than Rotherham. We weren't especially bad, actually, they were just incredibly dull matches where nothing happened.

Luton was also pretty shit. It would have been an unremarkable match in any other season.

User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5578
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: 2005/2006 worst game of the season?

by Sutekh » 27 Feb 2016 09:19

Seem to recall the 1-0 home win (late Ingimarasson "just about over the line" effort) over Crewe being pretty awful especially as it arrived in mid-September when we probably weren't quite sure yet whether we we were actually quite useful or just flattering to deceive.

User avatar
Hendo
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2216
Joined: 25 Mar 2012 20:53

Re: 2005/2006 worst game of the season?

by Hendo » 27 Feb 2016 12:24

Good shout for crew. As an uneducated 14 year old I remember coming away from that game annoyed that we only won 1-0 as I'm sure crew were pretty dire at the time.


Brosef Stalin
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3793
Joined: 08 May 2015 06:13
Location: Broviet Union

Re: 2005/2006 worst game of the season?

by Brosef Stalin » 27 Feb 2016 20:11

.

EDIT: wtf am I doing on the TB
Last edited by Brosef Stalin on 27 Feb 2016 20:28, edited 1 time in total.

Jagermesiter1871
Member
Posts: 573
Joined: 25 Jul 2010 01:59

Re: 2005/2006 worst game of the season?

by Jagermesiter1871 » 27 Feb 2016 20:15

Hendo wrote:Good shout for crew. As an uneducated 14 year old I remember coming away from that game annoyed that we only won 1-0 as I'm sure crew were pretty dire at the time.


Are you deliberately spelling Crewe wrong?

User avatar
Hendo
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2216
Joined: 25 Mar 2012 20:53

Re: 2005/2006 worst game of the season?

by Hendo » 27 Feb 2016 20:17

No.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2893
Joined: 13 Jul 2004 13:32

Re: 2005/2006 worst game of the season?

by Royalwaster » 27 Feb 2016 21:27

Hendo wrote:No.


He did say he was uneducated ... :D


User avatar
Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1855
Joined: 12 Jun 2013 12:48

Re: 2005/2006 worst game of the season?

by Angry Shed Sex » 27 Feb 2016 23:33

Ian Royal wrote:Luton was a touch disappointing after going 33 games unbeaten.

Especially as we took the lead and looked like we would absolutely batter them.

User avatar
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 8824
Joined: 19 Apr 2004 08:37
Location: Dance, dance, dance, in your Joy Division oven gloves

Re: 2005/2006 worst game of the season?

by From Despair To Where? » 28 Feb 2016 09:15

Sutekh wrote:Seem to recall the 1-0 home win (late Ingimarasson "just about over the line" effort) over Crewe being pretty awful especially as it arrived in mid-September when we probably weren't quite sure yet whether we we were actually quite useful or just flattering to deceive.


That's the one that immediately came to mind. Pretty turgid game, especially considering we'd played Palace in midweek in one of the games of the season.

User avatar
floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 9862
Joined: 19 Jan 2005 19:03
Location: ARREST RAY ILSLEY.

Re: 2005/2006 worst game of the season?

by floyd__streete » 01 Mar 2016 13:34

All of the last 5 after we'd won the league were boringggggggggggg......actually the Cardiff game was a laugh, but it was a bit like a testimonial really.

2011/12 > 2005/06.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3686
Joined: 17 Jun 2005 20:37
Location: Dundee in my bare feet

Re: 2005/2006 worst game of the season?

by Tony Le Mesmer » 01 Mar 2016 14:10

We drew 0-0 with Watford both games, made it 3 in a row the following season. Terrible.

User avatar
Wantage Royal
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 14:53
Location: Too close to Swindon for comfort.

Re: 2005/2006 worst game of the season?

by Wantage Royal » 02 Mar 2016 11:13

I actually left after the Plymouth game feeling quite positive, as we played well but conceded two soft goals. Didn't expect what followed though!

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1462
Joined: 10 Apr 2015 11:49

Re: 2005/2006 worst game of the season?

by MoorgateRoyal » 02 Mar 2016 11:33

Maybe the Plymouth home game but every single other game except for about 20 minutes during Luton away, we looked so much the better side that it was enjoyable.

My dad said to me after the Plymouth game that he thought we might get relegated!

Faithful Son
Member
Posts: 92
Joined: 18 Nov 2012 11:15

Re: 2005/2006 worst game of the season?

by Faithful Son » 05 Mar 2016 00:37

From Despair To Where? wrote:
Sutekh wrote:Seem to recall the 1-0 home win (late Ingimarasson "just about over the line" effort) over Crewe being pretty awful especially as it arrived in mid-September when we probably weren't quite sure yet whether we we were actually quite useful or just flattering to deceive.


That's the one that immediately came to mind. Pretty turgid game, especially considering we'd played Palace in midweek in one of the games of the season.


This. I also seem to recall the Luton players joining in with the home fans "Easy, Easy" chants at the end of the game. Which I thought was a bit disrespectful.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], muirinho, royalp-we, Yahoo [Bot] and 33 guests

It is currently 17 Nov 2017 23:33