BFTG - Cardiff

135 posts
sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 11529
Joined: 01 Oct 2008 18:25
Location: SJW, Snowflake, PC, Loony Leftie, Snowflake That's right wing bingo

Re: BFTG - Cardiff

by sandman » 20 Mar 2016 13:36

When Brian came back the likes of RoyalBleurgh and the other cretins were banging on about how we were supposedly going to go back to 4-4-2 and become direct, now they're moaning because they want 4-4-2 and for the team to be direct.
Last edited by sandman on 20 Mar 2016 14:26, edited 1 time in total.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2624
Joined: 10 Sep 2006 16:25

Re: BFTG - Cardiff

by windermere_royal » 20 Mar 2016 13:51

Just seen the equaliser on TV. that tall bloke :D clearly handled the ball. incredible the ref missed it.

RoyalJack
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: 16 Jan 2015 13:03

Re: BFTG - Cardiff

by RoyalJack » 20 Mar 2016 13:52

Sitting and reading some of these quotes about how far we have fallen as a club????

30 years ago and for 100 years before, playing poor football on poor pitches against poor opposition in front of a poor amount of fans compared to the last twenty years playing in front of a bigger crowd in a better stadium albeit on a similar standard pitch in the winter(fantastic in the warmer non rugby months) with three of the last ten years playing and beating some of the elite teams in the country!!!

My how we have fallen.

Snowball
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 15111
Joined: 02 Jan 2009 19:35

Re: BFTG - Cardiff

by Snowball » 20 Mar 2016 14:22

windermere_royal wrote:Just seen the equaliser on TV. that tall bloke :D clearly handled the ball. incredible the ref missed it.




which tall bloke?

User avatar
Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 11008
Joined: 27 May 2011 10:43
Location: Oxford Road

Re: BFTG - Cardiff

by Extended-Phenotype » 20 Mar 2016 14:53

Pepe the Horseman wrote:If he'd just said "the tall guy" would people be bothered? Why did he need to point out that he was tall?


Because tall is a fcuking sporting attribute?

Jesus christ, I know PC isn't cool anymore but ffs


User avatar
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 17483
Joined: 23 Jun 2011 10:24
Location: Putting right what once went wrong

Re: BFTG - Cardiff

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Mar 2016 15:00

I think you need to calm down.

User avatar
genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 18589
Joined: 08 Jul 2012 13:29
Location: Universe

Re: BFTG - Cardiff

by genome » 20 Mar 2016 16:11

Most of HNA needs to calm down really

There's no need to start analysing the history of the football club over the last ten years after a 1-1 draw with a side challenging for the play offs

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5941
Joined: 12 Apr 2005 19:22
Location: South Coast

Re: BFTG - Cardiff

by Victor Meldrew » 20 Mar 2016 19:45

Royal_jimmy wrote:We really miss someone like Jimmy Kebe. We've been awful since he left us.


Would that be Jimmy Kebe, the tall...........................................................................................................................................winger?
Yes we needed him to even up the sides so that both we and Cardiff had tall.....................................................................wingers.
Is that o.k. Old Biscuit or is it wingerist?.

The Royal Forester
Member
Posts: 292
Joined: 25 Dec 2015 14:53

Re: BFTG - Cardiff

by The Royal Forester » 20 Mar 2016 20:24

RoyalJack wrote:Sitting and reading some of these quotes about how far we have fallen as a club????

30 years ago and for 100 years before, playing poor football on poor pitches against poor opposition in front of a poor amount of fans compared to the last twenty years playing in front of a bigger crowd in a better stadium albeit on a similar standard pitch in the winter(fantastic in the warmer non rugby months) with three of the last ten years playing and beating some of the elite teams in the country!!!

My how we have fallen.

Agree with you 100%, Jack. We may not win as much as I would like, but then, we never have! If the choice of opposition is between Bolton, Wolves etc. and the likes of Workington etc., I know who I would prefer, and it wouldn't be the latter.


User avatar
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 45504
Joined: 15 Apr 2004 13:43
Location: Playing spot the pc*nt on HNA?

Re: BFTG - Cardiff

by Ian Royal » 20 Mar 2016 20:38

:lol: Just seen our goal. That was a terrible and totally half-hearted ball in by John. Well done to Kermie for doing something with it and a nice tidy finish from McCleary.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 11529
Joined: 01 Oct 2008 18:25
Location: SJW, Snowflake, PC, Loony Leftie, Snowflake That's right wing bingo

Re: BFTG - Cardiff

by sandman » 20 Mar 2016 21:03

Ian Royal wrote::lol: Just seen our goal. That was a terrible and totally half-hearted ball in by John. Well done to Kermie for doing something with it and a nice tidy finish from McCleary.


You'll have a pop at John for anything. :lol:

User avatar
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 45504
Joined: 15 Apr 2004 13:43
Location: Playing spot the pc*nt on HNA?

Re: BFTG - Cardiff

by Ian Royal » 20 Mar 2016 21:04

sandman wrote:
Ian Royal wrote::lol: Just seen our goal. That was a terrible and totally half-hearted ball in by John. Well done to Kermie for doing something with it and a nice tidy finish from McCleary.


You'll have a pop at John for anything. :lol:

:|

Ian Royal recently wrote:John - I'd like to see him here permanently, I think Brian could get him grounded and see him effective


Clearly.

User avatar
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 11281
Joined: 13 Apr 2004 22:39
Location: Sorry Jaap, even I now think you have lost the plot.

Re: BFTG - Cardiff

by RoyalBlue » 20 Mar 2016 21:13

sandman wrote:When Brian came back the likes of RoyalBleurgh and the other cretins were banging on about how we were supposedly going to go back to 4-4-2 and become direct, now they're moaning because they want 4-4-2 and for the team to be direct.


When you finally reverse out of McDermott's backside, take a look in the mirror. You are the cretin if you don't realise that it's perfectly possible and indeed normal to play 4-4-2 without resorting to McDermott's hoofball. In fact McDermott's ridiculously negative one up front hasn't prevented the even more pointless hoof it up to Kermogant who flicks on to .......... no one.


User avatar
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 11281
Joined: 13 Apr 2004 22:39
Location: Sorry Jaap, even I now think you have lost the plot.

Re: BFTG - Cardiff

by RoyalBlue » 20 Mar 2016 21:16

windermere_royal wrote:Just seen the equaliser on TV. that tall bloke :D clearly handled the ball. incredible the ref missed it.


Did you also see that he had to do (and was allowed to by our 'defence') an awful lot more after the handball before they scored?

McDermott and his apologists are now getting desperate whining about handballs and penalties not given as the cause of our problems. After moaning about the ref McDermott then assured Dellor and Williams that he wasn't moaning about the ref, only to go off on another one about penalties given and not given by refs.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5012
Joined: 23 Aug 2013 12:25

Re: BFTG - Cardiff

by Nameless » 20 Mar 2016 21:27

Bizarre that anyone thinks we play 'hoofball', whatever that is.

And bizarre that anyone can think that a goal scored as a result of an absolutely blatent infringement isn't worth at least a mention when debating whether the result reflected the game. I agree to some extent that the defence should and could have done more to stop Ameobi but the entire passage of play came from an illgel play and should have been stopped.
Obviously that won't be of any concern to the professional whiners amongst us....

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 11529
Joined: 01 Oct 2008 18:25
Location: SJW, Snowflake, PC, Loony Leftie, Snowflake That's right wing bingo

Re: BFTG - Cardiff

by sandman » 20 Mar 2016 22:08

Hoofball is just an idea that small twisted minds like RoyalBleurgh have grabbed a hold of and convinced themselves is a thing because it suits their strange prejudice.

Similarly there is no such thing as a "McDermott apologist" because, much like Steve Coppell and John Madejski there is nothing for him or anyone else to apologise for. There are things I disagree with him about, that includes persisting with Vydra when it's not working and not calling back Samuel but he deserves respect for everything he's done for this club and the good times he's brought here in his various roles at the club.

What he doesn't deserve is the sort of personal abuse he gets from people like RoyalBleurgh.

User avatar
leon
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 16905
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 09:18
Location: Hips, Lips, Tits, Power

Re: BFTG - Cardiff

by leon » 20 Mar 2016 22:56

sandman wrote:Hoofball is just an idea that small twisted minds like RoyalBleurgh have grabbed a hold of and convinced themselves is a thing because it suits their strange prejudice.

Similarly there is no such thing as a "McDermott apologist" because, much like Steve Coppell and John Madejski there is nothing for him or anyone else to apologise for. There are things I disagree with him about, that includes persisting with Vydra when it's not working and not calling back Samuel but he deserves respect for everything he's done for this club and the good times he's brought here in his various roles at the club.

What he doesn't deserve is the sort of personal abuse he gets from people like RoyalBleurgh.


this, this in fcuking buckets

RoyalBlue seems to be a strange self loathing creature. He hates Madejski even though under his Chairmanship RFC had it's finest 20 years in it's long (very long) history of mediocrity. Of course Mr Mad made mistakes. But jesus, he's made some great decisions. Really great decisions.

But alas that's not good enough for RoyalBlue who loves hating the club he supports. Very odd

.If a random football fan read the Team Board they would think Reading fans were the biggest bunch of spoilt, self delusional ingrates, with no sense of their own history or reality.

They'd think we were Brighton fans.

The Cube
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1055
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 18:52

Re: BFTG - Cardiff

by The Cube » 20 Mar 2016 23:31

Really should just have described Ameobi as "the guy who looked like a basketball player" given that he was (a) tall and (b) allowed to use his hands.

Also, the goalscorer was offside. Only by a few inches but still offside.

User avatar
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5341
Joined: 12 Aug 2011 13:44

Re: BFTG - Cardiff

by CountryRoyal » 21 Mar 2016 00:08

The Cube wrote:Really should just have described Ameobi as "the guy who looked like a basketball player" given that he was (a) tall and (b) allowed to use his hands.

Also, the goalscorer was offside. Only by a few inches but still offside.


Is it really racist though to say tall black guy?

User avatar
genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 18589
Joined: 08 Jul 2012 13:29
Location: Universe

Re: BFTG - Cardiff

by genome » 21 Mar 2016 00:41

The only people deeming it racist and offensive are the people trying to call out oldebiscuit for claiming it's offensive

He even said the words "it's not offensive"

135 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ginger Ninjas and 31 guests

It is currently 20 May 2018 20:56