BFTG - Cardiff

135 posts
P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG - Cardiff

by P!ssed Off » 21 Mar 2016 00:15

The Cube Really should just have described Ameobi as "the guy who looked like a basketball player" given that he was (a) tall and (b) allowed to use his hands.

and (c) black...

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 21 Mar 2016 07:46

tee peg
blueroyals
bobby1413 I've not kicked a ball in the last 17 years. The last time was in school where I couldn't even get into the second team as I was that terrible.

However...

I still believe I could put a better cross or corner in than most of the current Reading players.

In fact my Mum probably could too

So why does Brian persist with telling the players to get it out wide and cross into the box? What's the plan B?[/quote]

I don,t remember too many decent balls in to the box yesterday.Gunter being the main culprit.

You ask what the alternative plan is...

There isn't one... continue crossing/corners but bloody lift the ball off the ground. The number of crosses and corners where the ball skimmed across the grass and was bounced away clear by a Cardiff player was frustratingly high.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 21 Mar 2016 07:59

I actually thought we played well. Deserved the win. If it was not for a poor refereeing decision and better finishing alround we would of run out comfortable winners against a team in form with play off aspirations.

Just need to secure them two wins to guarantee safety and we can all chill out somewhat.

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 21 Mar 2016 08:02

Didn't really care, McCleary was far better than usual. Handball was obvious. About all my thoughts.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 21 Mar 2016 08:06

leon
sandman Hoofball is just an idea that small twisted minds like RoyalBleurgh have grabbed a hold of and convinced themselves is a thing because it suits their strange prejudice.

Similarly there is no such thing as a "McDermott apologist" because, much like Steve Coppell and John Madejski there is nothing for him or anyone else to apologise for. There are things I disagree with him about, that includes persisting with Vydra when it's not working and not calling back Samuel but he deserves respect for everything he's done for this club and the good times he's brought here in his various roles at the club.

What he doesn't deserve is the sort of personal abuse he gets from people like RoyalBleurgh.

this, this in fcuking buckets

RoyalBlue seems to be a strange self loathing creature. He hates Madejski even though under his Chairmanship RFC had it's finest 20 years in it's long (very long) history of mediocrity. Of course Mr Mad made mistakes. But jesus, he's made some great decisions. Really great decisions.

But alas that's not good enough for RoyalBlue who loves hating the club he supports. Very odd

.If a random football fan read the Team Board they would think Reading fans were the biggest bunch of spoilt, self delusional ingrates, with no sense of their own history or reality.

They'd think we were Brighton fans.

He also made some effing awful decisions, I would suggest at least partly because he was too damn arrogant to listen to the advice and warnings of others. Those decisions could end up taking us back to where we started or worse. Meantime there are other clubs where chairman and boards have made far better decisions - Southampton, Watford, Stoke, Bournemouth, and they look likely to hang around the PL far longer than we did. Look at the respective positions of us and Leicester ten years ago and now compare them.

And I very much suspect that the random football fan would think that Reading fans are no worse, better or different from fans of other clubs throughout the country.

And just to clarify for you, I love the team that I support but have no time for some of the people running it - there is no contradiction in that. Unlike some (an ever decreasing number), I spotted the nature of the arrogant emperor's clothes a long time ago.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 21 Mar 2016 08:31

Someone who "loves" their club wouldnt spend 100% of their time rubbishing the clubs success and history, defacing any positives about their performances and catastrophising their negatives.

Ita just weird. Your complaints aren't even remotely rational or accurate.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 21 Mar 2016 09:07

sandman When Brian came back the likes of RoyalBleurgh and the other cretins were banging on about how we were supposedly going to go back to 4-4-2 and become direct, now they're moaning because they want 4-4-2 and for the team to be direct.
:D :D :D agreed.

and without a trace of irony either. incredible.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 21 Mar 2016 09:08

anyone using emporers new clothes, Mcdonut, Mcdimwit, long ball, hoofball or any combinations thereof to moan about McDermott is a high grade cnut
Last edited by Maneki Neko on 21 Mar 2016 10:04, edited 2 times in total.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 21 Mar 2016 09:09

genome Most of HNA needs to calm down really

There's no need to start analysing the history of the football club over the last ten years after a 1-1 draw with a side challenging for the play offs

yup.
listen to genome. he knows stuff,

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 21 Mar 2016 09:38

Maneki Neko anyone using emporers new clothes, Mcdonut, long ball, hoofball or any combinations thereof to moan about McDermott is a high grade cnut

They've added McDimwit now, aren't they clever?

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 21 Mar 2016 09:45

Maneki Neko anyone using emporers new clothes, Mcdonut, long ball, hoofball or any combinations thereof to moan about McDermott is a high grade cnut

lolz, you're on fire today Brendy.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 21 Mar 2016 10:29

Extended-Phenotype Shows how subjective football is (or how shit I am at following it) as I thought Kermo was just a big pile of bollocks. Won headers well but constantly missing when we needed someone in the box, and moves always seemed to break down at his involvement.

Was pleased to see him go off but Vydra was no better really. Will be happy to see them both fcuk off next season and Reading invest some much needed money on a decent striker rather than waste money each season on players who aren't up to it.

McCleary looked good. Not much else t really write home about though I thought at times we played some nice, short and quick passing football.

Not much long ball for the 'fans' to bitch about, just lacking in quality (still, as we have for ages now) up front.

What a difference a good striker would make.

I totally agree. I thought the second half was so boring I popped down to the toilet.

First half we were the better side - McCleary was fantastic and his goal was superbly taken. Cardiff weren't special at all and certainly won't be going up.

I'm probably in the 'send Vydra back' camp. For the amount we've paid and the expectation that's come with it he's simply not lived up to expectations - fact. God knows what system Watford played that season they went up. That being said, he is the best striker we've got so maybe it's the tactics that need to change. He probably suits away games more when we are chasing the game/he's chasing lost causes.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 21 Mar 2016 10:33

tactics my arse.

hes had plenty of chances. creating chances aint the problem.

much like with john, the issue is a complete inability to put it in the back of the net when it really counts.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 21 Mar 2016 10:35

The trend continues this season.

Cardiff beat Reading at home and get a draw at the Mad Stad.
Plenty of teams have beaten Reading on their own patch whilst getting an away point in the reverse fixture.

Fortress Mad Stad.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Mar 2016 10:49

Imagine caring about Reading as a Chelsea fan

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 21 Mar 2016 10:52

genome Imagine caring about Reading as a Chelsea fan

Don't get riled about football m8! I was merely pointing out a trend this season.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Mar 2016 10:59

I know m8, I'm just merely pointing out it's a bit strange to actually care about us. I'd worry about your own home form, you've drawn a lot of games there yourself.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 21 Mar 2016 11:35

genome I know m8, I'm just merely pointing out it's a bit strange to actually care about us. I'd worry about your own home form, you've drawn a lot of games there yourself.

Oh, you think I'm worried about Reading's form. That explains it.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Mar 2016 12:13

No Fixed Abode
genome I know m8, I'm just merely pointing out it's a bit strange to actually care about us. I'd worry about your own home form, you've drawn a lot of games there yourself.

Oh, you think I'm worried about Reading's form. That explains it.

No. Just find it weird that you even give it thought.

Hang on, unless you like to point it out in order to elicit a response from others? There's a well known phrase around the internet for that...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Mar 2016 12:50

RoyalBlue
leon
sandman Hoofball is just an idea that small twisted minds like RoyalBleurgh have grabbed a hold of and convinced themselves is a thing because it suits their strange prejudice.

Similarly there is no such thing as a "McDermott apologist" because, much like Steve Coppell and John Madejski there is nothing for him or anyone else to apologise for. There are things I disagree with him about, that includes persisting with Vydra when it's not working and not calling back Samuel but he deserves respect for everything he's done for this club and the good times he's brought here in his various roles at the club.

What he doesn't deserve is the sort of personal abuse he gets from people like RoyalBleurgh.

this, this in fcuking buckets

RoyalBlue seems to be a strange self loathing creature. He hates Madejski even though under his Chairmanship RFC had it's finest 20 years in it's long (very long) history of mediocrity. Of course Mr Mad made mistakes. But jesus, he's made some great decisions. Really great decisions.

But alas that's not good enough for RoyalBlue who loves hating the club he supports. Very odd

.If a random football fan read the Team Board they would think Reading fans were the biggest bunch of spoilt, self delusional ingrates, with no sense of their own history or reality.

They'd think we were Brighton fans.

He also made some effing awful decisions, I would suggest at least partly because he was too damn arrogant to listen to the advice and warnings of others. Those decisions could end up taking us back to where we started or worse. Meantime there are other clubs where chairman and boards have made far better decisions - Southampton, Watford, Stoke, Bournemouth, and they look likely to hang around the PL far longer than we did. Look at the respective positions of us and Leicester ten years ago and now compare them.

And I very much suspect that the random football fan would think that Reading fans are no worse, better or different from fans of other clubs throughout the country.

And just to clarify for you, I love the team that I support but have no time for some of the people running it - there is no contradiction in that. Unlike some (an ever decreasing number), I spotted the nature of the arrogant emperor's clothes a long time ago.

What awful decisions? And from who? You're incoherent.

135 posts