Dellor moaning about Vydra again!!!

537 posts
OldBiscuit

Re: Dellor moaning about Vydra again!!!

by OldBiscuit » 12 Apr 2016 22:32

sandman We want a commentator who calls the games like this "he passes to him, who passes to him, who scores a goal and they trot back to the halfway line after an entirely unnecessary celebration".

I'd take that if Vydra scored.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Apr 2016 22:32

well at least you have something to look forward to next season Jimmy

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 12 Apr 2016 22:38

Ian Royal So, apparently a terrible miss, which could have won us the game, instead they go down the other end and we lose.

As I've said for weeks, Vydra's confidence is in tatters and he's shot in the head. Dellor isn't wrong about that at least. But my god, listen to the arsehole scream and shout like tantruming toddler. Vydra is suddenly the worst finisher we've ever had. He's disrespectful to the fans. He hides during games. Dellor's incoherent. He's whining about people criticising his anti-Vydra rants and even banged on about how he's had to drive all the way up to Middlesbrough to watch this.

Yeah, Tim. As your job. Don't like it, quit. You're getting paid you over-entitled cockwomble. You aren't a special snowflake, the club isn't there to massage your ego and put on games for your entertainment, then give you access to the players and manager to make you feel even more special. All, I repeat, whilst you get paid for the pleasure. Develop some professional detachment and a sense of perspective. I don't care how upset you are. Do your job properly. And that isn't screeching into the mike about how awful one of our players is, like they've just shit in your Mum's bed and had sex with your dog.

IR and I disagree on loads but we are at one on this!

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 12 Apr 2016 22:43

RoyalBlue
Ian Royal So, apparently a terrible miss, which could have won us the game, instead they go down the other end and we lose.

As I've said for weeks, Vydra's confidence is in tatters and he's shot in the head. Dellor isn't wrong about that at least. But my god, listen to the arsehole scream and shout like tantruming toddler. Vydra is suddenly the worst finisher we've ever had. He's disrespectful to the fans. He hides during games. Dellor's incoherent. He's whining about people criticising his anti-Vydra rants and even banged on about how he's had to drive all the way up to Middlesbrough to watch this.

Yeah, Tim. As your job. Don't like it, quit. You're getting paid you over-entitled cockwomble. You aren't a special snowflake, the club isn't there to massage your ego and put on games for your entertainment, then give you access to the players and manager to make you feel even more special. All, I repeat, whilst you get paid for the pleasure. Develop some professional detachment and a sense of perspective. I don't care how upset you are. Do your job properly. And that isn't screeching into the mike about how awful one of our players is, like they've just shit in your Mum's bed and had sex with your dog.

IR and I disagree on loads but we are at one on this!

At least he shows passion unlike some of the Reading team. Pity McShane didn't deck that overrated cocky sh-t

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 12 Apr 2016 22:45

1) Dellor is entirely correct in his justified criticism of Vydra.
2) I really don't care if Vydra is mentally shot. He needs to be kept well away from the rest of the squad until his loan expires. Then pat him on the head, ruffle his hair, and point him in the direction of Watford.
3) I like Dellor's commentary style. Have you ever listened to the commentary at away matches? Give me Tim (and Mick and Ady) over any of them. It's entertainment, and analysis, after all.
4) No, I am not a friend or relative of Dellor.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 12 Apr 2016 22:55

I understand the frustration, we all feel that,but He just had a go about the reaction from brian to the bust up,yet knew damn well that brian hadnt seen it.
Then Moaned about who was playing, yet admitted there werent really any other options.

Then he said he woukd t publicly berate a player if he was a manager, but then expected Brian to do just that.
And then seemed surprised Brian was a bit spiky

Dellor may have actually snapped,mentally.
:lol:
Last edited by Maneki Neko on 12 Apr 2016 22:58, edited 1 time in total.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Apr 2016 22:56

+1 Ginge

Football is there to be enjoyed

Love some of the banter and anecdotes.....even what their half-time catering is like

Hard to believe some of you bitches actually contribute to A&E then whinge about Dellors entertainment

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 12 Apr 2016 23:03

Just heard his meltdown, absolutely hilarious :lol:

"Shot in the head"
"Disgrace"
"Pathetic"
"If Vydra was a dog, he'd be put down"

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Apr 2016 23:06

Passion
Passion
Passion

More than I have ever been bothered with

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 12 Apr 2016 23:12

Concern is Dellor who will pick on next season when Vydra has gone.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Apr 2016 23:14

.......well, it won't be the black man that the "fans" consistantly pick on

royal_rumble

by royal_rumble » 12 Apr 2016 23:15

Dellor highlighting how poor Vydra has been is entirely justifable. In the context of our club's historical outlays for players, he has been one of our biggest signings. His performances should be scrutinised and possibly the signing itself.

And as for no other options? I remember playing Cox up top on his own fairly well at various times this season? Rakels on the bench? Plenty of ways to give him a break if needed (he needs it!).

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 12 Apr 2016 23:19

royal_rumble Dellor highlighting how poor Vydra has been is entirely justifable. In the context of our club's historical outlays for players, he has been one of our biggest signings. His performances should be scrutinised and possibly the signing itself.

Why on earth did Clarke sign Hurtado and Sa ?

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 12 Apr 2016 23:22

Yep, thats the options. Cox or a Rakels who is just back from injury.and Cox played.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 12 Apr 2016 23:35

royal_rumble I remember playing Cox up top on his own fairly well at various times this season

When?

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 13 Apr 2016 07:28

This is what Joel Hufford talked about when we interviewed him on TTE Podcast the other week. He explained that his approach was to sit there, call the games, bring fans the experience of being there at the game but then let Mick or the other summarisers have their opinions.

For Tim, it's different, he's a 'fan' he puts his opinions out there and is less of a traditional journalist than his predecessors.

Some like that, some hate it. I generally don't mind him having his say but when it leads to ridiculous petulant ranting, I'd rather that be left to those who aren't paid for the privilege of going to watch Reading games. As others have said, he seems to be taking this all a little personally and maybe needs to take a step back from the football club for a bit to get some perspective. BBC budgets may be slim but I'm sure they could find someone else to do 45-90 minutes on a Saturday in the same way that Tim himself was given experience under Joel.

I think the fact you've got three blokes in Tim, Mick & Ady all from the same era and all between 40-55 sat there generally with the same points of view doesn't serve the audience brilliantly and often just leads the questioning and talking points the same way. Not saying they should be axed completely but it's time for a fresh voice or two to help mix things up.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 13 Apr 2016 08:04

Wimb Not saying they should be axed completely but it's time for a fresh voice or two to help mix things up.

I agree with this. About 10 games ago one of them - I think Ady - couldn't make the game so someone else stepped in. It was just refreshing hearing someone else.

As I put in the BBCRB forum, I am getting fed up with the current set up with:

Tim: "A stat for you... when Reading play at home, and it's a cloudy day, with the wind between 10 and 22mph, they will 7.2 times out of 10 draw the game.... are you following me?"

and Ady: "if we win the next 10 games, then we will be 6th - so it's not all bad..." and then Tim ... "Yes but if we lose the next 10 we will be 22nd". :roll:

I think you're right, a fresh voice, some proper debate between different types of fans would be excellent.

Or, what about this... have a guest fan (a proper fan who goes to all home games and some away) every week.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 13 Apr 2016 08:50

Sorry pal but you're wrong here. Dellor's job is to report on what he sees and provide an opinion. The Dellor/Gooding partnership is much like good cop/bad cop where Dellor moans and Gooding provides the professional opinion.

That miss last night was ghastly, absolutely terrible and it's cost us 3 points. The guy has every right, in the heat of the moment, to call Vydra every name under the sun. I dare say you'd shout worse from your seat. The fact that it isn't the first time either makes it all the more frustrating. Vydra will be gone in a couple of months time, Dellor won't.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 13 Apr 2016 09:08

That miss last night was ghastly, absolutely terrible and it's cost us 3 points. The guy has every right, in the heat of the moment, to call Vydra every name under the sun. I dare say you'd shout worse from your seat. The fact that it isn't the first time either makes it all the more frustrating. Vydra will be gone in a couple of months time, Dellor won't.

Ghastly is a bit harsh, he's had to take it at an angle first time. Yeah you'd still expect him to hit the target but we're not talking about one as bad as others he's missed recently.

I think you're right, a fresh voice, some proper debate between different types of fans would be excellent.

Or, what about this... have a guest fan (a proper fan who goes to all home games and some away) every week.

Yup agreed, just to get some new points of view on, admittedly the callers and tweets in do help to provide a voice for the fans but I think a different voice on the team itself would be helpful in opening up some fresh opinions.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 13 Apr 2016 09:19

Wimb

Ghastly is a bit harsh, he's had to take it at an angle first time. Yeah you'd still expect him to hit the target but we're not talking about one as bad as others he's missed recently.

I honestly don't think it is. If you look at Vardy's first on Sunday it shows how to finish from that sort of angle. First time or not, he doesn't even have to curl it - just place/punt/prod it to the left 2/3s of the keeper's left. It was utterly atrocious, especially at the time of the game and the prize on offer if he hit the net.

537 posts