Bye Nicky

leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Bye Nicky

by leon » 01 May 2016 00:39

He was key to our success.
Anyone who thinks he was shit at his job is an absolute retard.

The only time I ever heard Neil Warnock say anything nice about RFC was that in transfer NH could get blood out of a stone.

Big loss.

quickwingerswife

by quickwingerswife » 01 May 2016 08:14

good bloke, sad to see him go. Only negative is his apparent lack of charisma which is starkly apparent right through the club including our very polite and accepting fans.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 May 2016 08:27

quickwingerswife good bloke, sad to see him go. Only negative is his apparent lack of charisma which is starkly apparent right through the club including our very polite and accepting fans.

Polite and accepting only because anyone who isn't polite and accepting is immediately slagged off and told not to be such a nobhead.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 01 May 2016 16:25

quickwingerswife good bloke, sad to see him go. Only negative is his apparent lack of charisma which is starkly apparent right through the club including our very polite and accepting fans.

job becoming too difficult, interference from others, poor results, approached by another club or looked elsewhere, sounding familiar ..

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 02 May 2016 10:57

Good riddance Squeaky.......you will not be missed.

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 02 May 2016 11:29

A big loss and the start of our decline in my opinion. A trusted, valued employee of this club for 20 years, replaced by some no-name from Holland.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 02 May 2016 12:02

Mr.Swainey A big loss and the start of our decline in my opinion. A trusted, valued employee of this club for 20 years, replaced by some no-name from Holland.

Nicky Hammond was hardly a "name" when he got the job.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 02 May 2016 12:20

Anyone who could sell Andy Hughes for £500,000 deserves our respect.

Some of his transfer deals have been nothing short of staggering.

We're in the shit due to the deals he wasn't involved with (Pog, Drenthe, Williams) rather than the ones he was involved in.

I, for one, appreciate everything he's done for the club and am very sad to see him go.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 02 May 2016 13:01

Royal With Cheese Anyone who could sell Andy Hughes for £500,000 deserves our respect.

We're in the shit due to the deals he wasn't involved with (Pog, Drenthe, Williams) rather than the ones he was involved in.

I, for one, appreciate everything he's done for the club and am very sad to see him go.

Like all of our managers (and those elsewhere) he was also responsible for bringing in some pretty expensive shyte that didn't work out and where he didn't get a reportedly high fee on their disposal.

Not sure whether I am sad to see him go or not because currently it's pretty impossible to determine who played what part in our current decline.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 02 May 2016 13:04

RoyalBlue
Royal With Cheese Anyone who could sell Andy Hughes for £500,000 deserves our respect.

Like all of our managers (and those elsewhere) he was also responsible for bringing in some pretty expensive shyte that didn't work out and where he didn't get a reportedly high fee on their disposal.

Not sure whether I am sad to see him go or not because currently it's pretty impossible to determine who played what part in our current decline.

Hammond play no part in decline. He only be good for reading FC.
Decline start when Russian owner sack McDermott.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 May 2016 13:09

RoyalBlue On BBCRB this PM, Mick Gooding made it pretty obvious that he wasn't a great fan of Hammond (although gave him credit for bringing Coppell in).

According to Gooding, Hammond twice prevented him from returning to the club.

If only we had someone of Gooding's character amongst our backroom staff right now.

Mick comes across as a nice guy and does alright as an expert commentator, but there's going to be a reason he hasn't worked in football anywhere for about a decade and is instead a commentator and estate agent. Personally, I'd rather we go for quality and experienced backroom staff, rather than a former legend who hasn't been in the game for ages, out of sentiment.

McDermott's got a pretty awesome character. You don't like him though.

Quinn and Gooding proved themselves to be ok joint managers with an excellent squad in fine form, but didn't really go anywhere from there. Neither of them proved squat outside of Reading in pretty much any non-playing football capacity and we had plenty of abject performances under the pair of them. You're just so full of shit.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 May 2016 13:14

Top Flight
RoyalBlue

wrong user name dave.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 02 May 2016 13:25

Top Flight
RoyalBlue

Knew it. 8)

"Super Vydra" :lol:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 May 2016 13:34

Have we just rumbled Dave-Royal?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 02 May 2016 15:56

As good as we have been selling players, we've been awful whenever we have money to spend. So perhaps on the incoming front change isn't so horrific.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 02 May 2016 16:44

I'm not Dave-Royal...

I was just seeing if I could speak the way he does. I clearly did a good impression cause you all got fooled.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 02 May 2016 16:45

we be top 8 next season. u watch :D

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 02 May 2016 17:29

Y21 The idea of Nigel Howe as director of football makes me feel a little but sick.

Ditto

What does he know about football?

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 02 May 2016 17:56

Ian Royal
RoyalBlue On BBCRB this PM, Mick Gooding made it pretty obvious that he wasn't a great fan of Hammond (although gave him credit for bringing Coppell in).

According to Gooding, Hammond twice prevented him from returning to the club.

If only we had someone of Gooding's character amongst our backroom staff right now.

Mick comes across as a nice guy and does alright as an expert commentator, but there's going to be a reason he hasn't worked in football anywhere for about a decade and is instead a commentator and estate agent. Personally, I'd rather we go for quality and experienced backroom staff, rather than a former legend who hasn't been in the game for ages, out of sentiment.

McDermott's got a pretty awesome character. You don't like him though.

Quinn and Gooding proved themselves to be ok joint managers with an excellent squad in fine form, but didn't really go anywhere from there. Neither of them proved squat outside of Reading in pretty much any non-playing football capacity and we had plenty of abject performances under the pair of them. You're just so full of shit.

That was rather unnecessary Ian-your language is so disgusting and offensive at times.

Royal Blue said what he heard on the radio and Mick was gracious enough about Hammond but left us wondering what role he might have had by returning to the club.

Incidentally neither Mick, Adie nor Dellor, all of whom have been in and around the club for many years, knew exactly the full extent of Hammond's role.
They may all be thick and not as close to things as they think they are but I find it odd that they didn't have a full understanding of the extent of Hammond's role.

Will Hammond be missed?
As Foxy said, "who knows?" as he questioned the experts on here who forecast even more doom and gloom for our club.

If the Mad Man, Anton and The Thais have been difficult to work with wait until he gets to work witn Pease at WBA where presumably. as a Premier League club, he will earn more money which is a good enough reason for him to go.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 02 May 2016 18:38

Thank you for your service Mr. Hammond! Best of luck to you in the future!