Strangely optimistic about next season.

288 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Strangely optimistic about next season.

by CountryRoyal » 08 Jun 2016 23:40

Ian Royal Impressive he knows the names of so many youth players. But a fair few bits that suggest he doesn't actually know a lot about us other than names.

It's obvious he's a Reading fan... What other neutral journalist or writer would describe us the way he did in the first line.

He mentions a lot of facts but does little as to say how they are actually good.

Also, claiming we are responsible for Charlie Austin's development is a little reaching if you ask me.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Jun 2016 23:43

I noticed that. Plus reference to Bond shining. And Evans lumped in with Kuhl and co as youngsters breaking through.

elrey

by elrey » 09 Jun 2016 04:51

I'm optimistic that we can break some new records.

What is the record for the most managers in a season anyway? We should make at least 3 this season. 2 last season was so 1980s.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 10 Jun 2016 21:41

Watford had 5.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 13 Jun 2016 08:39

Lower West Watford had 5.
As it's Watford we'll have 5 managers and it will be a draw.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 13 Jun 2016 08:47

Top Flight Rakels and Kermorgant is a big step down from Sa and Blackman. Gravenberch is probably a step down from Hector and Ferdinand. The Polish RB, if he comes is probably a further weakening of the Right Back position.

Sa didn't want to play for us, Blackman could only deliver the goods at this level under one manager, Kermorgant is proven at this level more so than Sa and Blackman but hasn't hit form with us. Ferdinand had injury issues but yes, It would have been nice to hang onto Hector but perhaps there is another player of similar quality to be had on loan?

Give me a team of average players working together as a team with good team spirit and a determination to succeed over better players who do not always give 100%, have a losing mentality and create a negative atmosphere within the team and we will be a better team.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 13 Jun 2016 15:12

Stam appointed manager. No longer optimistic about next season.

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 13 Jun 2016 22:28

Forbury Lion

Will one of them be a ghost manager ?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 14 Jun 2016 10:21

Horsham Royal
Forbury Lion

Will one of them be a ghost manager ?
Yes, Chris Casper.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 14 Jun 2016 10:33

The Royal Forester Stam appointed manager. No longer optimistic about next season.

Relegation is a serious threat next season. I rate it at a 45% chance at the moment. But let's see how the summer unfolds. We're still 55% on for staying up though. Promotion, forget it.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 14 Jun 2016 11:59

Top Flight
The Royal Forester Stam appointed manager. No longer optimistic about next season.

Relegation is a serious threat next season. I rate it at a 45% chance at the moment. But let's see how the summer unfolds. We're still 55% on for staying up though. Promotion, forget it.

Can I please see your calculations?

I won't believe it until I see it on the Rougeometer either way.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Jun 2016 15:03

maffff
Top Flight

It'll have changed by tomorrow. 2 weeks ago we were relegation certainties, then we were 50/50, then we were probably going down and now it's 45/55

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 15 Jun 2016 09:58

Ian Royal
maffff
Top Flight

It'll have changed by tomorrow. 2 weeks ago we were relegation certainties, then we were 50/50, then we were probably going down and now it's 45/55

A 45% risk of relegation is how I rate our chances based on everything that I can see at the moment. If something new happens then that might effect my forecast.

The way things look right now, because of Jaap's lack of knowledge and experience of the Championship and lack of money from the board and probable lack of control over choosing what players he signs (The Thais methods of identifying, selecting and attracting incoming players has failed miserably so far). I think he will struggle just to keep us in the division. Hopefully he can pull off survival this season and then we can look to build from there but it's only a 55% chance that he can keep us up.

The Thai's will only be proven right about their decision to fire McDermott and appoint Jaap Stam if we finish in the top 8. Anything between 8th to 18th is where I feel McDermott would have got us next season so therefore his sacking would have been useless and anything below 18th will show that the Thais are making mistake after mistake after mistake. This is an important season for the Thais. I hope they will be proved right.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 15 Jun 2016 10:05

:lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Jun 2016 10:10

maffff :lol:

It's weird, I don't remember Top Flight being this mental until recently. I wonder what the catalyst was.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 15 Jun 2016 10:23

Ian Royal
maffff :lol:

It's weird, I don't remember Top Flight being this mental until recently. I wonder what the catalyst was.

Maybe over exposure to Dave reduces sanity.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 15 Jun 2016 10:26

:D Yeah, having Dave as my siamese twin is beginning to take it's toll on my mental state.

:D :D

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 15 Jun 2016 13:29

It'll be interesting what Stam is allowed to do in the transfer market. Looking at the likes of McCleary (if not sold), and the Fosu's, Barrett's and Samuel's, we have some exciting youngsters next season who should get a chance. Stam touched on needing some experience as well, and if he can get the best out of the group, we could have a half-decent mid-table season, and then build on that the following summer (if given the time to do so).

I still want to see William's sold though. His ego is a big negative we can do without, and he may fetch important funds Stam can use elsewhere.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 15 Jun 2016 13:56

i agree regarding Williams. We have plenty of cover in the Central Midfield areas. We can afford to lose a couple. Letting Williams go might be good for team harmony and balance.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 15 Jun 2016 13:59

It's 13:45, time to watch Russia V Slovakia now boys.

What result do we want? A draw would be a good result for England, wouldn't it?

288 posts