New RFC manager person specification

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: New RFC manager person specification

by NewCorkSeth » 03 Jun 2016 08:21

John Smith
NewCorkSeth Is there not a rumour that Bruce might get the sack? Hes a proven success at Championship level.

I think Bruce would be a superb choice given the circumstances. Here's another one to add to his bow:

- works well despite nutcase owners

If he was sacked (its going to feel weird to say this) Is Bruce out of our league?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 03 Jun 2016 08:30

NewCorkSeth If he was sacked (its going to feel weird to say this) Is Bruce out of our league?

Well you've got to aim high, hence why I say he'd be a superb choice. So I'd say no. But you could easily see him walk into the Swansea job, for example.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 03 Jun 2016 09:46

Speaking to some Reading fans I think a desirable specification would be.

- A good personality.

Many have said it's been a chore watching Reading, specifically the last 6 months. Get someone in with personality who gives a buzz around the place where this rubs off on the players.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 03 Jun 2016 10:24

No Fixed Abode Speaking to some Reading fans I think a desirable specification would be.

- A good personality.

Many have said it's been a chore watching Reading, specifically the last 6 months. Get someone in with personality who gives a buzz around the place where this rubs off on the players.

:roll: Players should not need to have a manager with a great personality in order for it to "rub off on them" - players should, once again, be proud to be playing who they are playing for - I think, actually, that if we are to use more of our younger players who came through the academy, we'd get just that, rather than these wannabe big time Charlies, who are just mercenary and there for the money. I'd rather drop down the leagues and see our young players actually WANTING to play and giving it a good go, than finish just outside the bottom 3 with players who should have done better. :evil:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 03 Jun 2016 10:29

Royal Lady
No Fixed Abode Speaking to some Reading fans I think a desirable specification would be.

- A good personality.

:roll: Players should not need to have a manager with a great personality in order for it to "rub off on them" - players should, once again, be proud to be playing who they are playing for - I think, actually, that if we are to use more of our younger players who came through the academy, we'd get just that, rather than these wannabe big time Charlies, who are just mercenary and there for the money. I'd rather drop down the leagues and see our young players actually WANTING to play and giving it a good go, than finish just outside the bottom 3 with players who should have done better. :evil:

Ohhhhh you mean like Hector?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 03 Jun 2016 10:30

Royal Lady

- A good personality.

In an ideal World I agree RL. But as soon as any of these youngsters are any good they want to move on and play for bigger clubs. They would show no loyalty to Reading. Gone are they days where you get many of the teams players racking up hundreds and hundreds of appearance. It's all just a profit making conveyor belt now.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 03 Jun 2016 10:32

:lol:

The only reading fans you "speak to" are the people on here which you tediously try and troll.

You don't actually expect us to believe you communicate with actual people in real life?

You cum blanket.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 03 Jun 2016 10:38

CountryRoyal

The only reading fans you "speak to" are the people on here which you tediously try and troll.

You don't actually expect us to believe you communicate with actual people in real life?

You cum blanket.

Blimey. That's some made up stuff and anger right there from someone who's trolling.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 03 Jun 2016 10:43

No Fixed Abode
CountryRoyal

You cum blanket.

Blimey. That's some made up stuff and anger right there from someone who's trolling.

What part is made up? That you're tedious? That you're a social reject? Or that you're a jizz jumper?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 03 Jun 2016 10:49

CountryRoyal
No Fixed Abode
CountryRoyal

You cum blanket.

What part is made up? That you're tedious? That you're a social reject? Or that you're a jizz jumper?

I'll give the tedious bit. :lol:

But you seem to have some sort of anger issue and take football way too seriously that you're making things up :lol:

Chins up m8 - it's nearly the weekend. Oh, but no football. Don't cry.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 03 Jun 2016 10:52

- A good personality.

I couldn't give a shit if the new manager was a cardboard cutout, as long as he's getting results that's all that matters. I think a disciplinarian is required which is why I prayed for Pearson but alas that ship has sailed. If it were up to me now I'd be sniffing around Bruce or Warnock.

I've got a feeling it'll be the unknown Serb who will last till Christmas.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 03 Jun 2016 11:00

No Fixed Abode
CountryRoyal
No Fixed Abode

I'll give the tedious bit. :lol:

But you seem to have some sort of anger issue and take football way too seriously that you're making things up :lol:

Chins up m8 - it's nearly the weekend. Oh, but no football. Don't cry.

lol you don't make me angry don't flatter yourself, I'm just in an insulting mood this morning and someone who spends as much time on another team's Internet forum as you do is an easy and obvious target.

Don't let it you down. You keep doing your thing. I don't want to crush your dreams.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 03 Jun 2016 11:37

CountryRoyal
Royal Lady

- A good personality.

Hector was fine until he was bought by Chelsea and loaned back to us - his allegiance is with Chelsea now clearly. :roll:

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 03 Jun 2016 11:44

No Fixed Abode
In an ideal World I agree RL. But as soon as any of these youngsters are any good they want to move on and play for bigger clubs. They would show no loyalty to Reading. Gone are they days where you get many of the teams players racking up hundreds and hundreds of appearance. It's all just a profit making conveyor belt now.

You have to embrace that these days. Compare Everton and Southampton. Both selling clubs but one refuses to accept that and is suffering. The other embraces is makes a profit and invests in players that will perform and can be sold again at a profit.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 03 Jun 2016 12:16

Royal Lady
CountryRoyal
Royal Lady :roll: Players should not need to have a manager with a great personality in order for it to "rub off on them" - players should, once again, be proud to be playing who they are playing for - I think, actually, that if we are to use more of our younger players who came through the academy, we'd get just that, rather than these wannabe big time Charlies, who are just mercenary and there for the money. I'd rather drop down the leagues and see our young players actually WANTING to play and giving it a good go, than finish just outside the bottom 3 with players who should have done better. :evil:

Hector was fine until he was bought by Chelsea and loaned back to us - his allegiance is with Chelsea now clearly. :roll:

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 03 Jun 2016 12:32

Sutekh Nigel Pearson.

Gone to Derby