Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: CONFIMRED - Jaap Stam

by Forbury Lion » 11 Aug 2016 11:30

John Smith
Forbury Lion
Sutekh
And that is the bit that I do not understand as, according to Charles Watts, development at Bearwood is falling behind/completely stopped.
How many projects of this scale has Charles Watts project managed?

Sometimes it's best to press the pause button, re-evaluate the plans and then continue. I imagine this has been the case with the change of manager, director of football and a new youth development model based on Ajax. It makes sense to look again at the plans and ensure the end result will be the best it can be to meet these changing requirements.

There may be financial reasons for delaying work that make sense to the investors and possibly the club - Perhaps there was a delay due to the Brexit vote, maybe they are waiting for things to stabilize - the £ is getting weaker, so that makes the cost of the training ground cheaper if you are funding it with overseas loans.

This is hands down, the biggest amount of drivel I have ever read on this forum. What on earth are you on about?! BREXIT?!
Brexit had a bit impact on the value of GBP, in fact it hit a 38 year low. If the training ground money was coming from overseas e.g. Thailand then it will now be cheaper because they can buy alot more GBP with their foreign currency.

On the other hand, if they were going to take out overseas loans out against the clubs assets to fund the work the value of the assets i.e. the club will be alot lower when converted back to the overseas currency and if they were planning to take out a loan pre-Brexit vote, then the interest rates offered would have been high to reflect the uncertainty and risk pre-Brexit decision.

I imagine a loan would be the option they would have gone for - interest on paying the loan back will be less than the profit they would expect to make on using their own money elsewhere, so why use their own money and miss out on the chance to make more money than they would save on interest repayments?

All of this may be a direct factor or it may not, The point is there are many reasons why it makes sense to delay a project and Charlie Watts hasn't dug deep enough to find out what they are or whether it is a cause for concern or not - financing is often one of the reasons and not because there isn't any money that could be spent.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 11 Aug 2016 12:13

John Smith
Forbury Lion
Sutekh
And that is the bit that I do not understand as, according to Charles Watts, development at Bearwood is falling behind/completely stopped.

Sometimes it's best to press the pause button, re-evaluate the plans and then continue. I imagine this has been the case with the change of manager, director of football and a new youth development model based on Ajax. It makes sense to look again at the plans and ensure the end result will be the best it can be to meet these changing requirements.

There may be financial reasons for delaying work that make sense to the investors and possibly the club - Perhaps there was a delay due to the Brexit vote, maybe they are waiting for things to stabilize - the £ is getting weaker, so that makes the cost of the training ground cheaper if you are funding it with overseas loans.

This is hands down, the biggest amount of drivel I have ever read on this forum. What on earth are you on about?! BREXIT?!

:roll:

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 11 Aug 2016 14:21

good use of italics to convey extra screechiness

sputnik
Hob Nob Regular
Location: HNA? Prediction League Champion 2014-15, 2018-19, 2021-22

by sputnik » 11 Aug 2016 17:19

John Smith
Forbury Lion
Sutekh

This is hands down, the biggest amount of drivel I have ever read on this forum.

You must have missed taipai's posts.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 11 Aug 2016 17:20

sputnik
John Smith This is hands down, the biggest amount of drivel I have ever read on this forum.

You must have missed taipai's posts.
and Dave_Royal's

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 12 Aug 2016 08:13

John Smith
Forbury Lion
Sutekh

I assume you don't work in business and only/or listen to/read the Murdoch news. Brexit has had an effect on the value of the pound and led to changes in the economy (interest rates for starters). Both could possibly influence decisions relating to training ground. That might only be a small possibility but nevertheless I don't see anything wrong in someone airing that as a possibility.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 12 Aug 2016 13:26

RoyalBlue I assume you don't work in business and only/or listen to/read the Murdoch news. Brexit has had an effect on the value of the pound and led to changes in the economy (interest rates for starters). Both could possibly influence decisions relating to training ground. That might only be a small possibility but nevertheless I don't see anything wrong in someone airing that as a possibility.

Do you think I sit in a van all day with my feet up reading The Sun, professing to be educated?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Aug 2016 13:44

John Smith
RoyalBlue I assume you don't work in business and only/or listen to/read the Murdoch news. Brexit has had an effect on the value of the pound and led to changes in the economy (interest rates for starters). Both could possibly influence decisions relating to training ground. That might only be a small possibility but nevertheless I don't see anything wrong in someone airing that as a possibility.

Do you think I sit in a van all day with my feet up reading The Sun, professing to be educated?

Wait..You don't? :?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 12 Aug 2016 13:55

CountryRoyal
John Smith

I think if anyone is going to comment on lifestyles it shouldn't be you sir.

p.s. Wolves tomorrow? Rum miniatures?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Aug 2016 14:24

John Smith
CountryRoyal
John Smith Do you think I sit in a van all day with my feet up reading The Sun, professing to be educated?

I think if anyone is going to comment on lifestyles it shouldn't be you sir.

p.s. Wolves tomorrow? Rum miniatures?

Got commitments in the eve so will be driving up and therefore on my "best behavior". Sad times.

490 posts