Tiger speaks to fans

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Tiger speaks to fans

by tidus_mi2 » 13 Jul 2016 15:27

I've always been in Y20 and generally speaking the atmosphere has been good, maybe it's the absolute shite we've had the past few seasons but any form of atmosphere has really dried up on our end.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Jul 2016 20:24

Sutekh
Pandoras Box
Dixeyroyal He even talked about joining fans up in Y25 for a game next season

Why does the whole club revolve around anyone who sits in Y25, there are other parts of the stadium that are full of equally passionate and loyal supporters?

I believe that the forum held with the Stadium Manager last season was "representatives of Y25" and I wouldnt mind guessing that those invited to this particular meeting were also from the hallowed Y25.

Maybe season tickets in every other parts of the ground should be reduced as you are clearly not a real fan unless you sit in Y25 :evil: :evil: :evil:

Too true. The old chestnut.
Y25 believe no one else creates an atmosphere because they can't hear them. Do they not understand that anyone in Upper West and North can't actually hear Y25. We are only told that the atmosphere is better through some urban myth.
And to be frank, it doesn't matter how loud Y25 believe they are - all we can hear quite clearly in the N/UW are the away supporters.

And East. But given the utter shite we've had served up on the pitch for the last three or so years it's hardly surprising.

I've sat in both ends of the West, the South, the North and all along the East. The only places with anything approaching atmosphere of any decent degree is the cluster around Y24/25/26 and if we're doing well the drummer corner of the North.

It's several orders of magnitude louder than anywhere else in the home section of the stadium and is noisy for far more prolonged periods.

Anyone who wants to get sulky about the fans who contribute the most to the atmosphere at the ground getting special treatment should put down their thermos, swallow those prawns and lead the fans around them in shouting some chants throughout the season. Get it going and you'll get recognition. Until then, probably best if you pipe down... you might deafen your neighbours and cause a disturbance.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 22 Jul 2016 12:55

Having attended the meeting myself I can confirm that there were representatives from all over the stadium (except the South of course). I am an East Stander at heart but have watched matches in every stand in the stadium, both with 20k+ and -6k crowds, and the only area that I can consistently hear bar the away contingent when elsewhere in the stadium is Y24/25/26. It is indisputable that it has always been the only place in the stadium where any consistent atmosphere is created.

Anyway, my take on the meeting - it was very open and frank, the report given by Wimb is a good one and I'm cautiously optimistic that we won't be fighting a relegation battle next season. Having said that, I don't think we'll be in a promotion battle either. The message that was roundly given to Tiger was that we would happily take a couple of seasons of stability and brick-by-brick building over the "throw money at it with no real structure" gamble that occurred last summer. And Stam has to be given time (unless it is turning into an unequivocal disaster). How Tiger deals with this is anybody's guess, but the fact he was willing to meet with supporters who attend the Focus Group is positive, and the strength of words he used in front of us knowing full well that there would be a report on TTE to me means he has accepted responsibility and is accountable to supporters.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 22 Jul 2016 15:47

handbags_harris It is indisputable that it has always been the only place in the stadium where any consistent atmosphere is created.
Atmosphere in some of the other parts of the ground has been consistent since day 1.

If they want to improve the atmosphere elsewhere in the ground they need to look at ways to encourage the Y24 area noisey fans to move, Maybe a standing area in the North stand or the North end of the East Stand to created a left side/right side of the stand - Having it in an area of the ground that already had an atmosphere and is often a sellout/first choice for fans would be pointless.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 23 Jul 2016 12:43

Forbury Lion
handbags_harris It is indisputable that it has always been the only place in the stadium where any consistent atmosphere is created.
Atmosphere in some of the other parts of the ground has been consistent since day 1.

If they want to improve the atmosphere elsewhere in the ground they need to look at ways to encourage the Y24 area noisey fans to move, Maybe a standing area in the North stand or the North end of the East Stand to created a left side/right side of the stand - Having it in an area of the ground that already had an atmosphere and is often a sellout/first choice for fans would be pointless.

Exactly that point has been consistently raised in all three focus group meetings.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 23 Jul 2016 13:42

handbags_harris
Forbury Lion

Exactly that point has been consistently raised in all three focus group meetings.

Perhaps the twenty's plenty imitative and the maximum ticket pricing for the newly named north stand is a move with this in mind?

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 25 Jul 2016 13:43

Well, I didn't want to say, but... :wink:

In truth, the FSF's £20 campaign is exclusively for away supporter costs, so the club back that which is commendable. However, one of the regulations for ticket pricing includes the provision for clubs to charge the same cost for similar seats elsewhere in the stadium, so the club couldn't charge £20 for away supporters and then charge home supporters £5 more for exactly the same seat at the opposite end of the stadium. So I think the requirement to comply with price regulations was primarily in their mind, but if it moves people from the East to the Eamo who are willing to start/join in then I assume the club will only see that as a bonus!

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 25 Jul 2016 14:44

handbags_harris Well, I didn't want to say, but... :wink:

In truth, the FSF's £20 campaign is exclusively for away supporter costs, so the club back that which is commendable. However, one of the regulations for ticket pricing includes the provision for clubs to charge the same cost for similar seats elsewhere in the stadium, so the club couldn't charge £20 for away supporters and then charge home supporters £5 more for exactly the same seat at the opposite end of the stadium. So I think the requirement to comply with price regulations was primarily in their mind, but if it moves people from the East to the Eamo who are willing to start/join in then I assume the club will only see that as a bonus!

With regards to the consequences for the atmosphere, I'm not sure how it would go (assuming people from y24/25/26 did move). On the one hand it could encourage other people to get involved, but I can more realistically seeing it diminish the overall atmosphere even further.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 25 Jul 2016 15:46

I don't really want anyone next to me shouting and bawling. I prefer to enjoy my football in peace and quiet.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 25 Jul 2016 17:32

Was anything mentioned about the awful PA bloke in this meeting?

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 26 Jul 2016 13:49

Ian Royal
Sutekh
Pandoras Box
Too true. The old chestnut.
Y25 believe no one else creates an atmosphere because they can't hear them. Do they not understand that anyone in Upper West and North can't actually hear Y25. We are only told that the atmosphere is better through some urban myth.
And to be frank, it doesn't matter how loud Y25 believe they are - all we can hear quite clearly in the N/UW are the away supporters.

And East. But given the utter shite we've had served up on the pitch for the last three or so years it's hardly surprising.

I've sat in both ends of the West, the South, the North and all along the East. The only places with anything approaching atmosphere of any decent degree is the cluster around Y24/25/26 and if we're doing well the drummer corner of the North.

It's several orders of magnitude louder than anywhere else in the home section of the stadium and is noisy for far more prolonged periods.

Anyone who wants to get sulky about the fans who contribute the most to the atmosphere at the ground getting special treatment should put down their thermos, swallow those prawns and lead the fans around them in shouting some chants throughout the season. Get it going and you'll get recognition. Until then, probably best if you pipe down... you might deafen your neighbours and cause a disturbance.

100% agree

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 26 Jul 2016 15:51

lead the fans around them in shouting some chants throughout the season. Get it going and you'll get recognition.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah, I get recognition as that lone weird bloke shouting, singing and clapping all the bloody time.
no one joins in. its soul destroying to the extent that I finally gave up for much of last season.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 26 Jul 2016 16:07

Good to see that you are back Maneki Neko. You seemed to disappear for a while.

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 26 Jul 2016 16:10

Forbury Lion

Moving wont solve the problem. The noise just doesn't carry in that stadium! If you take noise out of Y24-26, that area gets a little quieter.

A big step forward would be to fill in the backs of the stands where we have mesh. It's nonsense you need that to allow air into the bowel for the grass. Other grounds have better pitches and seal that off, and it keeps the noise inside the stadium!

A cheap fix, and an immediate improvement throughout the stadium.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 26 Jul 2016 16:37

One8Seven1*
Forbury Lion

Moving wont solve the problem. The noise just doesn't carry in that stadium! If you take noise out of Y24-26, that area gets a little quieter.

A big step forward would be to fill in the backs of the stands where we have mesh. It's nonsense you need that to allow air into the bowel for the grass. Other grounds have better pitches and seal that off, and it keeps the noise inside the stadium!

A cheap fix, and an immediate improvement throughout the stadium.
and... you can use it for advertising space which would probably more than cover the installation cost in year 1 and make a profit for the club from then on.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 26 Jul 2016 16:40

Maneki Neko
lead the fans around them in shouting some chants throughout the season. Get it going and you'll get recognition.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah, I get recognition as that lone weird bloke shouting, singing and clapping all the bloody time.
no one joins in. its soul destroying to the extent that I finally gave up for much of last season.

Gotta stick by your convictions.

Pussy.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 27 Jul 2016 09:56

Top Flight Good to see that you are back Maneki Neko. You seemed to disappear for a while.

thanks for noticing :lol:

cp

by cp » 27 Jul 2016 11:14

I guess we're getting off topic, with the "atmosphere" discussion, but since Y25's atmosphere is so good why don't we have microphones installed nearby that can broadcast a general noise of support around the rest of the stadium. In the unlikely event of the odd swear word we probably have the technology to muffle them out.

Alternatively record Y25 and play back canned sounds of support at crucial times, like the canned laughter of TV sitcoms.

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 27 Jul 2016 12:59

One8Seven1* A big step forward would be to fill in the backs of the stands where we have mesh. It's nonsense you need that to allow air into the bowel for the grass.

I often get air in my bowels, but I always assumed it was to do with drinking beer.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 Jul 2016 18:14

cp I guess we're getting off topic, with the "atmosphere" discussion, but since Y25's atmosphere is so good why don't we have microphones installed nearby that can broadcast a general noise of support around the rest of the stadium. In the unlikely event of the odd swear word we probably have the technology to muffle them out.

Alternatively record Y25 and play back canned sounds of support at crucial times, like the canned laughter of TV sitcoms.

That sort of trickery is best left to the big clubs, like Man Utd and Liverpool.