Swindon Town (A) Friendly

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Swindon Town (A) Friendly

by CountryRoyal » 23 Jul 2016 13:31

harry
Royal Rother Jeez, maybe there should be about a dozen different sections for supporters who want to do different things so no-one gets offended.

Standing area (with seats)
Standing area (without seats)
Singing and chanting area
Blanket and thermos area
Pokemon Go area
Gesturing at away fans area
Remain seated at all times area
Drumming area
Fashion offence area
Breastfeeding area
Over 65 area
Tourette's area

A 66 year old new mother in a Superdry trackie who has bad circulation plus a coffee addiction and swears a lot might struggle to make a decision.

In for the Tourette's area

If we could get the breastfeeding area split into sub-categories of caliber of attractiveness of the women, that would be a plus.

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 23 Jul 2016 14:29

They wanna be like the moo crew circa 2004, and who can blame them?

Had some good times.

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 23 Jul 2016 17:25

Back on the topic of who are our biggest local derby rivals, historically it was Swindon by a mile. In the 50's when I did most of my Elm Park spectating, Oxford weren't even in the Football League. Aldershot were considered inferior in football terms, not a genuine competitor for Reading, but Swindon were closely matched and gave us some good games. A trip down the A4 to the County Ground (M4 didn't exist in those days) was the most enjoyable away outing. Next best were the two Bristol teams.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 26 Jul 2016 09:41

I'd like to retract my statement from page 4 of this thread and not be so judgemental: I'm encouraged by anyone who is there supporting the team, be it blanket or Stone Island clad

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 26 Jul 2016 14:00

Old Biscuitman Back on the topic of who are our biggest local derby rivals, historically it was Swindon by a mile. In the 50's when I did most of my Elm Park spectating, Oxford weren't even in the Football League. Aldershot were considered inferior in football terms, not a genuine competitor for Reading, but Swindon were closely matched and gave us some good games. A trip down the A4 to the County Ground (M4 didn't exist in those days) was the most enjoyable away outing. Next best were the two Bristol teams.

yep.

For those us who grew up with the RFC of the 70's it was definitely Aldershot, then Swindon. Prolly Portsmouth next, certainly in terms of the aggro they caused.

Advantage of citing Aldershot as our principal rivals is that it is at least mutual. I'd guess we are Oxford's second rivals. There was a survey a few years back that said we were AFCB's principal rivals, but pretty much no-one at RFC has any real feelings towards them. I even wish them well in the Premiership.