CONFIRMED - Yakou Meite

234 posts
Kulshaw72RFC

Re: CONFIRMED - Yakou Meite

by Kulshaw72RFC » 03 Oct 2018 17:10

Are we being deliberately sabotaged these last 2 seasons by the board and owners for some reason? Did somebody make a bet with them?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Oct 2018 17:12

The kind of player we will need in league 1, but 4 years?, RGs doing again, the guy is a monster.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 03 Oct 2018 17:14

NewCorkSeth
Sanguine
NewCorkSeth Who? Seriously who is Rowan Liburd? He actually played for us? In like the league?

Couple of sub appearances in the league, and I think he started a cup tie.

Spin off thread - That guy played for us?

The Adkins/Clarke era is good for that.

Robert Dickie
Jure Travner
Zat Knight (didn't realised he'd joined us!)

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 03 Oct 2018 17:20

Sanguine
NewCorkSeth
Sanguine

Robert Dickie
Jure Travner

Sadly I remember those 3. I remembered Lisandro Semedo the other week. Did he ever play for us?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 Oct 2018 17:38

strap Utter bonkers.

This bit

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 03 Oct 2018 17:46

NewCorkSeth
Sanguine
NewCorkSeth Spin off thread - That guy played for us?

Robert Dickie
Jure Travner

Sadly I remember those 3. I remembered Lisandro Semedo the other week. Did he ever play for us?

No. Semedo plays every week for Fortuna Sittard. The same team Novakovich is on loan to.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 03 Oct 2018 17:49

Ranty McRantface
NewCorkSeth
Sanguine

Robert Dickie
Jure Travner

No. Semedo plays every week for Fortuna Sittard. The same team Novakovich is on loan to.

That's probably why I remembered him!

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 03 Oct 2018 17:57

Hound He is ok. Great attitude, works hard. He might improve and become a dangerous player, or just not progress and continue to be an L1/L2 striker

Either way, 4 years is ridiculous

I recall thinking Kevin Doyle would never make the grade. Meite is raw but is highly coachable.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 03 Oct 2018 17:58

Almost as if the club think a 22 year old, who has shown he has the will to work hard might have potential to grow as a player. Will agree the length of the contract is excessive but doubt he's on massive wages.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Oct 2018 18:09

What the f*ck are the idiots running/ruining our club playing at?

He's big, physical and works hard but he's a league 2 standard footballer at best. Maybe he's a late developer but I doubt it.

Wait and watch us desperately trying to offload him before the end of his contract unless, of course, we've sunk to his level by then.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 03 Oct 2018 18:10

Kulshaw72RFC Are we being deliberately sabotaged these last 2 seasons by the board and owners for some reason? Did somebody make a bet with them?

Make the club plummet like a stone, supporters desert in their masses, club goes bust and they can develop the land that the stadium is currently stood on without any real protests.
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 03 Oct 2018 18:13, edited 1 time in total.

alfie9

by alfie9 » 03 Oct 2018 18:11

Last straw for Gourlay. Pfucking prick

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 03 Oct 2018 18:31

Sanguine
NewCorkSeth
Sanguine

Robert Dickie
Jure Travner

I had no idea Zat Knight played for Reading. And Who in gods name is Jure Travner?

Sounds like an Eastern European hotel chain.

Add to the above:

Peter mate
Peter castle
Darren Campbell
Sekou baradji (always a legend for that free-kick)
Eric obbina chuckwenyelu

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 03 Oct 2018 18:37

RoyalBlue
Kulshaw72RFC Are we being deliberately sabotaged these last 2 seasons by the board and owners for some reason? Did somebody make a bet with them?

Make the club plummet like a stone, supporters desert in their masses, club goes bust and they can develop the land that the stadium is currently stood on without any real protests.

It does make sense if you think about it.

Why would they not sack Stam earlier?
Why get Clement when he isn't that good?
Our attendance has dropped by about 5-7k.
We have signed utter tosh players bar 1 in 2 years (Ehaz).
Nobody actually has seen, heard or knows our owners.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 03 Oct 2018 18:52

Good news. Think he's got a lot to offer

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 03 Oct 2018 19:11

Kulshaw72RFC
RoyalBlue

No, no it doesn't. Apart from the sheer ridiculousness of it, (a) the stadium is a local heritage thing of importance, or something along those lines. They aren't going to be able to knock it down without providing something of at least equal value. and (b) why did they not cash in on Liam Moore, intead of giving him a long bumper contract

Not to mention, if they wanted relegation, why sack Stam at all?

This is tin-foil-hat territory.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 03 Oct 2018 19:25

muirinho
Kulshaw72RFC
RoyalBlue

No, no it doesn't. Apart from the sheer ridiculousness of it, (a) the stadium is a local heritage thing of importance, or something along those lines. They aren't going to be able to knock it down without providing something of at least equal value. and (b) why did they not cash in on Liam Moore, intead of giving him a long bumper contract

a) Am I missing a whoosh here? Local heritage? Thing of importance? :lol: :lol: :lol: No wonder other teams take the p*ss out of us
b) Because improving our finances by selling him wouldn't help run the club down. Offering him a new, longer contract on higher wages hurts us financially and he alone is not enough to save the team from shyte results (as proven).

Not saying this is their plan but your counter arguments do nothing to knock down the conspiracy theory.

Back to Meite and his lack of ability. Twice last night he was in fantastic positions to score. On the first occasion he failed to take a touch when he had plenty of time to do so and blasted the ball high and wide into the North Stand. On the second occasion he decided to try to cheat his way to a penalty rather than shoot. A natural and talented striker would have gone for goal and been odds on to score.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 03 Oct 2018 19:35

RoyalBlue
muirinho
Kulshaw72RFC

a) Am I missing a whoosh here? Local heritage? Thing of importance? :lol: :lol: :lol: No wonder other teams take the p*ss out of us
b) Because improving our finances by selling him wouldn't help run the club down. Offering him a new, longer contract on higher wages hurts us financially and he alone is not enough to save the team from shyte results (as proven).

Not saying this is their plan but your counter arguments do nothing to knock down the conspiracy theory.

Back to Meite and his lack of ability. Twice last night he was in fantastic positions to score. On the first occasion he failed to take a touch when he had plenty of time to do so and blasted the ball high and wide into the North Stand. On the second occasion he decided to try to cheat his way to a penalty rather than shoot. A natural and talented striker would have gone for goal and been odds on to score.

Guess you are odds on for a woosh
http://star-reading.org/index.php/news/

STAR Secures ACV Listing For The Madejski Stadium
On 13th April STAR were informed that Reading Borough Council had granted our nomination to have the Madejski Stadium listed as an Asset of Community Value. This means that should the owners ever wish to sell it STAR has the right to be informed about this and to make or be part of a bid to purchase it. STAR believes there is no present danger whatsoever of such a sale happening.

Supporters Trusts and other bodies at other clubs have been granted ACVs, notably at Old Trafford, Anfield and St James’ Park (Newcastle). In Reading some of our finer pubs and King’s Meadow Pool are also listed as ACVs.

Also. Meite, like Yiadom later, was fouled and did not try to "cheat his way to a penalty".

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 03 Oct 2018 19:48

RoyalBlue

Asset of Community Value (thanks Sandman). Aside from which, Reading Borough Council would be understandably miffed if the land they gave in return for a stadium being built was being hawked for profit - they'd refuse planning permission
Liam Moore - dubious. If they were trying to run down the club that way, they'd have sold him, and brought in expensive old players on long contracts where there is no resale value. Moore has value, another club will buy him if we get relegated, or can't afford his contract. Along those lines, Aluko is a shocker, but I think that was bad judgement. Meite is going to be cheap in comparison to getting in an ex PL striker on megabucks.

Also you've ignored the Stam sacking. Be much easier to stick with a failing manager, and cry crocodile tears when your loyalty isn't rewarded, then to start trying to find another manager.

Not to mention that the obvious manager to get in, if you wanted to destroy the club financially, would be good ol 'Arry.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 03 Oct 2018 20:08

I like Meite because at least he tries hard and he was a tad unlucky not to score last night.

But I have to say I am shocked that he as received such a long contract extension at this stage in his career. I can only think that the club expect him to develop and have been able to sign him on low wages now rather than paying him much more later. And he should be good at League 1 level if we get relegated.

234 posts