Cardiff (A) match thread sponsored by Sean Morrison and Andy Legg

137 posts
royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Cardiff (A) match thread sponsored by Sean Morrison and Andy Legg

by royalp-we » 27 Aug 2016 17:05

What a shitty gritty championship match :lol:

At the end of the day we kept them away from our area and stole a winner when they lapsed in the final minutes

We kept to the plan and it may have been boring as hell at times but we got the result. Happy fcucking days
Last edited by royalp-we on 27 Aug 2016 17:08, edited 1 time in total.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 Aug 2016 17:06

Well, first game I've seen this season, and as an away performance that was really pretty decent. Controlled the pace of the game, didn't let Cardiff get a real head of steam up or create too many chances. Defence looked more solid than I have seen in a while and we created a few of our own chances and finally taking one at the death.

Take that every week away.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 27 Aug 2016 17:06

sloughroyal123
Platypuss First away win in Cardiff since god knows when.

FA Cup 2015, beat them 2-1

Certainly good outside the league as we beat them 3-0 away in the play-off semi final 5 seasons or so back.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 Aug 2016 17:06

RoyalBlue
Oilroyal
RoyalBlue
With his current games per goal ratio, we still do!

I'd be happy with 1 nil to us all season.

But with his current strike rate it will be more than another 5 or 6 games before we get one of them!

His current strike rate is a goal a game.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 27 Aug 2016 17:07

Win our next game we go 3rd :shock: :lol:

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 27 Aug 2016 17:07

Bloody marvellous result especially against the Taffs :) Also great before break , two weeks to be happy

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 27 Aug 2016 17:11

RoyalBlue
Oilroyal
RoyalBlue
With his current games per goal ratio, we still do!

But with his current strike rate it will be more than another 5 or 6 games before we get one of them!

Agree but I think we're all hoping this goal will give Kermo his confidence back and he can kick on. We know he can be decent at this level.

Window shuts on Wednesday so we'll have to wait and see if Stam can bring another striker in. I doubt it - funds and timing against us.

Faithful Son

by Faithful Son » 27 Aug 2016 17:13

Really pleased with this result. We have three Welshmen, all from Cardiff, at work. They have been insufferable since the Euros, so it will be nice to give them a bit back on Tuesday :lol: :lol: :lol:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 27 Aug 2016 17:17

Oilroyal
RoyalBlue
Oilroyal

Agree but I think we're all hoping this goal will give Kermo his confidence back and he can kick on. We know he can be decent at this level.

Window shuts on Wednesday so we'll have to wait and see if Stam can bring another striker in. I doubt it - funds and timing against us.

Didn't people say similar things about his confidence when he scored against Charlton? Don't remember much kicking on then! Timing may be difficult but big talking Tiger should make funds available - should still be a bit left from Tshibola and Norwood sales.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 27 Aug 2016 17:24

Gunny Fishcake Bloody marvellous result especially against the Taffs :) Also great before break , two weeks to be happy

Easy on the "Taff" business :)

Early early days still but I'm just grateful to nick the three points and go in to the break with the pressure off, give Stam a bit more time to get his message across with the more recent signings and spend some time together on the training pitch. From what I have seen at first hand, and heard from the other games, I feel more confident than in a long time and I'm sure Jaap Stam will get us in to the top half of the table and be more entertaining to watch which will do for me.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 27 Aug 2016 17:30

P!ssed Off When was the last time none of a league starting 11 came through our academy?

All that bollocks talked over the Summer...

Van den Berg taking Swift's spot in CM is an absolute joke.

Even though we won?

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 27 Aug 2016 17:37

That wasn't a game for Swift and we soaked up the pressure and nicked a winner.

I'm overjoyed for Obita. He must have been a bit gutted seeing Tyler sign; Yet Blackett firmed up the left of defence today; but after the winning penalty in the week then getting the assist today some competition for Obita might be just what he needs.

It has to be said, Our back line is beginning to look pretty solid. We will get tougher challenges but they'll get even stronger given time. As the saying goes, you need to build from the back... After Wolves & Newcastle it showed we needed to be stronger, we were much stronger today.
Last edited by royalp-we on 27 Aug 2016 17:44, edited 1 time in total.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 Aug 2016 17:42

windermere_royal
genome #shamblesofateam

Thats embarrassing even by your standards

Erm... okay :lol:

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 Aug 2016 17:45

RoyalBlue
Oilroyal
RoyalBlue

Didn't people say similar things about his confidence when he scored against Charlton? Don't remember much kicking on then! Timing may be difficult but big talking Tiger should make funds available - should still be a bit left from Tshibola and Norwood sales.

You obviously didn't watch the Brighton game if you think Kermogant lacks confidence ...

I see the rash of signings this summer STILL doesn't count as the club spending any money for some people.

I'd like us to tell Samuel he will be in the match day squad / side for the foreseeable . It's players like him that will benefit from confidence boosts and based on last night it looks like he might fit into the style we are developing.

tonyrfc

by tonyrfc » 27 Aug 2016 17:53

Watched the game on the live stream Josef provided. I'm now watching Man U. The similarity in the way United play from the back is remarkably familiar to how we are trying to play with Fellaini dropping in the hole exactly as JVB did today. Fullbacks pushed right up and the two centre backs wide apart. There isn't the same amount of backward passing but plenty of sideways passing when nothing else is on. Keeping the ball seems paramount. Is this the way the game is played these days ?

K.URZ13

by K.URZ13 » 27 Aug 2016 18:00

Watched the stream and will sleep a happy man after that perfect away performance. We dictated the pace of the game and nicked a fantastic winner through Kermit.

Great league debuts for Moore and Blackett.

MOTM to Al Habsi who made some good saves and looked excellent with the ball at his feet.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 27 Aug 2016 18:06

Nameless
RoyalBlue
Oilroyal

You obviously didn't watch the Brighton game if you think Kermogant lacks confidence ...

It wasn't me who said he lacked confidence. It was Oilroyal who implied that and said he hoped that he could now kick on. I stated he lacked a decent goalscoring record for us, which remains the case.

I watched the Brighton game and, confident or not, he again failed to score (coming close sadly isn't the same).

People expressed the hope that he would kick on after the Charlton game but he failed to do so. So what chance he will this time around.

Nor am I saying we haven't spent good money this summer. Regardless of that, we will be taking a massive gamble if we fail to spend the money needed to sign a decent striker before this window closes. That gamble is even greater than in previous seasons.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 27 Aug 2016 18:11

RoyalBlue
Oilroyal
RoyalBlue

"Didn't people say similar things about his confidence when he scored against Charlton?"

Yes some did but different era and different team set up. I'm sure the players, the club and most fan are feeling/seeing the benefits of what Stam is trying to achieve. Come next Wednesday a new striker or not I still think we'll be ok until Jan.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 Aug 2016 18:12

Why the obsession with spending money though ?
Spend £10 million on Rhodes would be a MASSIVE gamble with no guarantees.
I'dlove us to bring in a player who has scored 15 goals for each of the last 3 seasons but I'm not sure there is one who would not be way too expensive.
There's not a huge gamble this season, we don't have the look of a side that will struggle....

JIM

by JIM » 27 Aug 2016 18:18

But we won !!!!!!!!! Plus 3 points !!!!!! Up the table we climb :D
, o

137 posts