CONFIMRED - Lewis Grabban

127 posts
TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

Re: CONFIMRED - Lewis Grabban

by TBM » 01 Feb 2017 10:24

He's gonna score an injury time winner at the weekend, when he hits one in from 30 yards despite us being the worse side - and the headline will be

"Smash and Grabban"

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 01 Feb 2017 10:37

Sutekh
NewCorkSeth
The Informant Same people getting excited as last season when all the loans came in. Tuened out well.

Way to destroy the obviously great team spirit.

I think most of those were season long loans used to build up the bulk of the team.

To me these are to provide cover and supplement the squad in a promotion push. Very different.

1. An 18 year old highly rated defender/defensive midfielder is not going to rock the boat surrounded by older more experienced professionals esp. when no doubt part of the reason he chose Reading was the chance to learn from Jaap Stam
2. Understand that the Jordon Mutch deal is with a view to a permanent move and having had naff all game time at Palace he'd be a prize pillock to do put off the management from that move happening, let alone endangering the shop window opportunities he'll get if the deal does fail in the summer
3. Grabban is another looking for a chance to relight his career after not cutting it during his second Bournemouth sojourn and the part failure at Norwich. He'll probably be looking forward to playing and linking up with Yann again - so long as Stam gives them game time together.

I'm not sure that he will play the two strikers together as part of a starting eleven.
I can see it happening if we are chasing a goal but I would expect Grabban to be part of a front three where Beerens (or a.n.other) and McCleary are the two wide players.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 01 Feb 2017 10:39

TBM He's gonna score an injury time winner at the weekend, when he hits one in from 30 yards despite us being the worse side - and the headline will be

"Smash and Grabban"

And if he pulls RL in the George at Loddon Bridge the headline will be "Grabban Granny".

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 01 Feb 2017 10:42

No Fixed Abode
TBM He's gonna score an injury time winner at the weekend, when he hits one in from 30 yards despite us being the worse side - and the headline will be

"Smash and Grabban"

And if he pulls RL in the George at Loddon Bridge the headline will be "Grabban Granny".

:lol:

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 01 Feb 2017 10:50

Saw Grabban play half a dozen times for Norwich. He always looked likely to do something but never really shone there.

My opinion was that Norwich did not really use him to his best advantage. He had good movement but the balls he liked were just not coming in.

In my view he needs the ball quickly to feet or just in front of him where he can use his pace and physicality to cause problems. Never really happened at Carrer Rud so will be interested to see if we can get the best out of him.

He's the sort of player, dare I say it, likely to pop up with a goal in a play-off final. I agree, I shouldn't have said that really.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 01 Feb 2017 11:07

Norfolk Royal Saw Grabban play half a dozen times for Norwich. He always looked likely to do something but never really shone there.

My opinion was that Norwich did not really use him to his best advantage. He had good movement but the balls he liked were just not coming in.

In my view he needs the ball quickly to feet or just in front of him where he can use his pace and physicality to cause problems. Never really happened at Carrer Rud so will be interested to see if we can get the best out of him.

He's the sort of player, dare I say it, likely to pop up with a goal in a play-off final. I agree, I shouldn't have said that really.

Half of when our attacks fizzle out its because the ball is pass it hit too fast and whoever is on the receiving end can't control it, or it's too far in front of Kermie who doesn't have the pace to get on the end of it.

I think he'll fit in well here.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Feb 2017 12:56

CountryRoyal
Norfolk Royal Saw Grabban play half a dozen times for Norwich. He always looked likely to do something but never really shone there.

Half of when our attacks fizzle out its because the ball is pass it hit too fast and whoever is on the receiving end can't control it, or it's too far in front of Kermie who doesn't have the pace to get on the end of it.

Isn't that Samuel's game though? Ball to feet so he can use a bit of pace. Didn't see much joy out of that in the few times he got a chance. Will it be any different with Grabban, even with him having more experience?

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 01 Feb 2017 13:34

Sutekh
CountryRoyal

Isn't that Samuel's game though? Ball to feet so he can use a bit of pace. Didn't see much joy out of that in the few times he got a chance. Will it be any different with Grabban, even with him having more experience?

Grabban is much stronger physically & will be better with the hold up play. Also better aerially.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 01 Feb 2017 14:49

LoyalRoyal22
Sutekh
CountryRoyal

Grabban is much stronger physically & will be better with the hold up play. Also better aerially.

Just better full stop really.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 02 Feb 2017 14:00

Really pleased with this signing, for a minute I didn't think we were going to fill the void up top.

I'm looking forward to Grabban starting up top and Rakels replacing him in the latter stages of games, we've got options now at just the right time of the season

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Feb 2017 14:09

John Smith Really pleased with this signing, for a minute I didn't think we were going to fill the void up top.

I'm looking forward to Grabban starting up top and Rakels replacing him in the latter stages of games, we've got options now at just the right time of the season

Would rather see Meite replacing him in the latter stages. The man is hungry for goals.

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 02 Feb 2017 14:18

Hope there is no recall clause in the deal following the injury to Callum Wilson in training yesterday. Maybe all phone lines should be disconnected for a couple of weeks just in case !

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 02 Feb 2017 14:21

No recall option, & your not actually allowed to re-call outside of the transfer window ( excluding goal keepers)

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 02 Feb 2017 14:27

LoyalRoyal22 No recall option, & your not actually allowed to re-call outside of the transfer window ( excluding goal keepers)

Good news, thanks for the insight

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Feb 2017 14:35

Grabban/Meite/Yann are very decent options up front. I can't see Rakels getting too many minutes, but would be a useful option if he is fully fit

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 17 May 2017 17:01

In Moores interveiw on Youtube he Says "Grabs owes us a free meal cause hes still not signed" Anyone know anything about a contract offer?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 17 May 2017 17:04

oxf*rd hope there isn't one.

Can't sign what's not there. (Fingers crossed)

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 17 May 2017 17:25

Thought he did a good job last night, can't quite work out what Moore means with that cryptic comment!

I'd happily have Grabban at the club - just not at all keen on Mutch!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 May 2017 17:29

I think we have an option to sign at the end of the loan

I thought he was very good last night. Ended up being a useful signing if not quite as effective as we hoped

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 May 2017 17:30

Agree PPete, no gaurantees that we'll be Premier just yet, Lewis is perfectly adequate for us in the Championship.

In the Premier? who knows, but then the same could be said of 90% of our current squad.

127 posts