BFTG Barnsley

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG Barnsley

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Sep 2016 23:58

Hope there was plenty of booing today. It's the least these shitcunts deserve.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Sep 2016 00:13

Having seen it now, I think McCleary was fully justified in getting involved and a push wasn't out of order, unfortunately the push is too hard, from a running start, on a player completely unprepared for it (because he's too busy screaming at Williams in a way that deserved a yellow all on its own).

I think McCleary needed to slow as he arrived and give steady continuous push, not an explosive one, and he'd have been fine. As it was I don't think there's many refs that'll let you get away with that without a red.

Cracking goal from Swift and good reactions for the pen from McCleary.

Look forward to seeing what Harriott can do with this opportunity.

If Swift stays fit, he should play every week and likely be our top scorer and top assister. And we'll have a hell of a job holding on to him for next season.

Stockport Royal

by Stockport Royal » 18 Sep 2016 01:30

Winchester Royal Within reason, what else was McCleary to do while that northern gobshite stood over Williams and gave him an earful? Tap him on the shoulder and say 'excuse me, could you kindly not do that?'?

Great to still pick up 3 points after that incident.

Fair play for backing up,his teamate but that took us from dominating easily to watching the clock for the second half

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 18 Sep 2016 03:56

Ian Royal Having seen it now, I think McCleary was fully justified in getting involved and a push wasn't out of order

It's a football match! Pushing an opponent like that is always 'out of order', there is no 'justification' for it and there is no point in trying to defend it. It was a red card all day long.

Thankfully it was out of character for Garath and he has apologised and I doubt we will see anything similar from him in the future.

brighton_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by brighton_royal » 18 Sep 2016 06:43

marlowuk
Ian Royal Having seen it now, I think McCleary was fully justified in getting involved and a push wasn't out of order

It's a football match! Pushing an opponent like that is always 'out of order', there is no 'justification' for it and there is no point in trying to defend it. It was a red card all day long.

Thankfully it was out of character for Garath and he has apologised and I doubt we will see anything similar from him in the future.

Not for a couple of games anyway! LOL!

alderdude

by alderdude » 18 Sep 2016 07:20

Anyone got a site I can watch the highlights on if I'm abroad (currently in Asia) and sky sports won't let me. :roll:

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 18 Sep 2016 07:31

Not sure if it has been noted previously but McLeary had been so dominant in the first twenty minutes that Barnsley hauled their left back off and replaced him with a bloke who looked and played like an apprentice centre back. He was no more effective against Gareth and to be honest even after the red card I think the bloke was still scar d that McLeary would reappear and start his nightmare again.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 18 Sep 2016 07:33

Nameless Not sure if it has been noted previously but McLeary had been so dominant in the first twenty minutes that Barnsley hauled their left back off and replaced him with a bloke who looked and played like an apprentice centre back. He was no more effective against Gareth and to be honest even after the red card I think the bloke was still scar d that McLeary would reappear and start his nightmare again.

I also think some posters have been very unfair on Kermogant. He won everything in the air against a player several,inches taller. He also did his share of chasing and when the ball was played to feet he was laying it off well. He is not Noel Hunt or Kevin Bremner, but he puts the effort in and is doing a very difficult job pretty well. A little bit more credit is deserved .

ILoveMoonPig

by ILoveMoonPig » 18 Sep 2016 07:42

Been looking through the rules of the game and I hate to say it, but the referee was right to send off gmac. The referee should send players off for violent conduct, which is defined as using excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball. Considering that neither player was jostling for position, the ref (probably correctly) deemed any use of force as excessive and thus warrant a red card.

Didn't affect the result though and I'm so pleased he finally seems to be fully recovered from his back surgery. For a while last season I was worried he'd never get back to this level of playing. Shame we will be without him for a few games, but I'm sure swift can slot back in to midfield.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 18 Sep 2016 07:53

Royal Ginger
Westwood52 Listened to the game on Radio Berks-Deller's commentary still awful.

Strongly disagree. I don't get to many of the long haul away games so listen to them on the radio. Sure he has off days, but today he had me on the edge of my seat and painted quite a vivid picture whilst injecting a bit of personality. I'm not sure what else you could have wanted today.

I thought the commentary was great but enhanced by the hilarious Yorkshire foul mouthed swearing from the bloke in front of Dellor and Micky Gooding.....priceless

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 18 Sep 2016 08:32

Echo what others said RE: Gmac. Deserved red, glad he wants to stick up for his team mates but was a bit over the top. Was tearing them apart before that as well. Hourihane should have gone off for 2/3 fouls following his yellow but got away with a lot. The ref lacked consistency for me, felt he gave us yellows for first time challenges and was letting them off with the similar ones.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 18 Sep 2016 09:15

Red card may have been justified under the Laws of the game but what would have been more justified in the real world was if he'd strode up to the gobshite Cnut and booted him in the bollox.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 18 Sep 2016 09:26

Winchester Royal Within reason, what else was McCleary to do while that northern gobshite stood over Williams and gave him an earful? Tap him on the shoulder and say 'excuse me, could you kindly not do that?'?

Perhaps he could have behaved like an adult with a fully functioning brain.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 Sep 2016 10:08

sandman

Ever been involved in an intense sporting contest where adrenaline is pumping through your veins at very high levels?

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 18 Sep 2016 10:13

RoyalBlue
sandman

Ever been involved in an intense sporting contest where adrenaline is pumping through your veins at very high levels?

Yep, I helped the missus load the dishwasher last week.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 18 Sep 2016 10:17

Norfolk Royal Yep, I helped the missus load the dishwasher last week.

Ridiculous. Is there any reason why she couldn't do it herself? Don't get in the habit of helping out, she'll just expect it in the future and get lazy.

I'm speaking from experience. My GF has even stopped ironing my work clothes

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 18 Sep 2016 10:47

bobby1413
Norfolk Royal Yep, I helped the missus load the dishwasher last week.

Ridiculous. Is there any reason why she couldn't do it herself? Don't get in the habit of helping out, she'll just expect it in the future and get lazy.

I'm speaking from experience. My GF has even stopped ironing my work clothes

Loading the dishwasher is man's work

Women just stack them all wrong. Its painful to watch

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 18 Sep 2016 10:59

Royal Rother Red card may have been justified under the Laws of the game but what would have been more justified in the real world was if he'd strode up to the gobshite Cnut and booted him in the bollox.

Exactly

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 18 Sep 2016 11:16

It must have been really forceful because the Barnsley player Hourihane was still crouched down a full two minutes after the push from Gmac and for a fit professional sportsman in peak physical fitness, not an 80 year old lady in the street on her way back from Morrisons, to act like that it MUST have been a serious physical assault worthy of a red card.

VOR

by VOR » 18 Sep 2016 11:22

Sutekh
winchester_royal I think it's very harsh. Hourihane goes in nastily on Danny, then comes over quite aggressively to give him a load of abuse, and GMc just shoves him away. See plenty of similar actions in scuffles that go unpunished. It was just the exaggerated fall that made it look worse than it was.

You cannot raise hands to any player or official in an aggressive manner if you do it will be perceived as violent conduct whether you punch, push or formulate a theory for quantum mechanics.

You're right of course but it still seems wrong that a dangerous stamp is worth a yellow but an unpleasant but non-dangerous push (even with a running start) equals red. I suppose you need to be smart enough to sort out thugs like Hourihane in other ways.

Delighted we defended the lead, could be a good season