Town fan in peace

16 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
HantsTerrier

Town fan in peace

by HantsTerrier » 18 Sep 2016 18:19

Hi guys, town fan in peace here. Looking forward to what should be a great game next weekend between 2 top sides! What are your predictions? Would happily take a draw but can see us pushing for the win with our confidence sky high at the moment!

Not sure whether to catch the train or drive, living in Hampshire. How easy is it to get the stadium from the train station and is there anywhere near the stadium that's decent for parking?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Town fan in peace

by Ian Royal » 18 Sep 2016 21:11

HantsTerrier Hi guys, town fan in peace here. Looking forward to what should be a great game next weekend between 2 top sides! What are your predictions? Would happily take a draw but can see us pushing for the win with our confidence sky high at the moment!

Not sure whether to catch the train or drive, living in Hampshire. How easy is it to get the stadium from the train station and is there anywhere near the stadium that's decent for parking?

Buses run direct from the train station to the stadium, you can pick them up down the hill from the Three Guineas, designated away pub. They're a bit pricey, about £4/5 return but easy. There are parking options, but they can be a bit tricky to find, especially if you don't get there with plenty of time (and there's bugger all to do there before a match). Others could advise you much better on that.

I think the game will depend on whether one of us can get an early breakthrough. If we score first we should be able to keep it tight playing keep ball. If you score first and sit on it playing on the break we'll probably struggle to create much. Watch out for penalties, there have been quite a few in our games so far.

Expectations for us are mid-table with a hope for top 10. We're doing pretty well so far, but I wouldn't get carried away, so I'd fancy a draw or a narrow victory for you. But we're hard to beat at home (not something we've said for a while).

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 18 Sep 2016 21:44

Park and Ride at Mereoak, on the A33 a little before the M4 junction. Probably the best option to park if coming from Hampshire. But nothing around the ground though

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 18 Sep 2016 22:05

After a great performance and result up at Barnsley yesterday confidence should be high. You guys have really impressed me ever since Wagner came in last season and I for one am not surprised to see you where you are, especially considering your summer acquisitions in particular Mooy. I don't think you have the squad depth to realistically challenge for autos but I fancy you lot for top 6.

As far as next week goes it's a tough one. We like to play in a similar fashion by all accounts though you are probably more accomplished at it. I think we might cancel each other out for the most part but expect it to be tight either way. I'd take the draw now.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 18 Sep 2016 23:32

Ian Royal you can pick them up down the hill from the Three Guineas, designated away pub. .

Just fyi, Three Guineas is shut as of yesterday for a couple of months for renovations or something. Buses still going from near there, but got no idea where away drinkers are supposed to get their lemonade

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 19 Sep 2016 04:36

Last time I saw Huddersfield was the 5-2 last season. I thought up until the sending off they looked like a really good team, but just got picked off by ruthlessness rarely seen by us last season.

I gather you've strengthened with some players from Germany? This can only end well for you.

dontbedaft

by dontbedaft » 19 Sep 2016 06:26

I'm not a terrier but I'll be at my first home game in a while due to living in Canada. Do I understand correctly that you can no longer park at that closed down office off the a33? We'll be driving from the m4 to get to the stadium and should be well ahead of kickoff? What's the best bet for parking?

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 19 Sep 2016 07:06

dontbedaft I'm not a terrier but I'll be at my first home game in a while due to living in Canada. Do I understand correctly that you can no longer park at that closed down office off the a33? We'll be driving from the m4 to get to the stadium and should be well ahead of kickoff? What's the best bet for parking?

Once off the M4 and on to the relief road just carry on past the stadium and park at the old greyhound site. If early enough try to park near the exit and it's less of a ball ache when leaving.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 19 Sep 2016 10:22

Closest car park is a small industrial unit at Cordwallis Reading. Address is:

40 Bennet Rd, Reading RG2 0QX

Not many spaces so get there early and I think its £9/10. I would definitely get the train and make a day of it though.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 19 Sep 2016 11:20

dontbedaft I'm not a terrier but I'll be at my first home game in a while due to living in Canada. Do I understand correctly that you can no longer park at that closed down office off the a33? We'll be driving from the m4 to get to the stadium and should be well ahead of kickoff? What's the best bet for parking?

park and ride, or get there before 2 for the hotel on the corner up the road from the carpark you mentioned

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 19 Sep 2016 13:40

I expect Wells to score at least two as he always seems to against us

Davezk

by Davezk » 19 Sep 2016 13:49

Grimsby
Swindon
Northampton
Mansfield
Huddersfield
Aldershot

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 19 Sep 2016 14:11

unbeaten at home
Vs recent bogey side

think we will continue to be solid but struggle to score, hoping to at least draw, but the added bonus of you coming at us, might sneak a win

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 19 Sep 2016 15:20

genome I expect Wells to score at least two as he always seems to against us

This will happen no Moore.

dontbedaft

by dontbedaft » 25 Sep 2016 06:01

Thanks all - the parking directions worked a treat

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular