BFTG - Brentford (a)

mambo3

Re: BFTG - Brentford (a)

by mambo3 » 29 Sep 2016 17:17

genome
Focher what that best were we created 1 tame shot on target straight at Bentley and one goal mouth scramble and ended up 2-0 down?

we hit the post in the first half

I was at the game, we got taken to school. No plan B, we still tried to play the ball around the back when we were 3-1 down. No subs until
5mins before the end. if we play like that against Derby with Vydras pace we will get done again. Stam is a defensive minded coach and we certainly play with the notion if the opposition don't score we cant lose attitude. If we nick a goal fine.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 29 Sep 2016 23:39

genome

Hitting the post doesn't even count as a shot on target.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 30 Sep 2016 00:04

Focher what that best where we created 1 tame shot on target straight at Bentley and one goal mouth scramble and ended up 2-0 down?

You seem to have missed the point
Topflight says we weren't bad and Brentford weren't that good
I'm saying I disagree and we weren't very good although the first 40 minutes was better than what followed

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Sep 2016 07:25

Muskrat
genome

I wasn't saying it was, Focher was just saying in the first half all we created was 1 lame shot on target and goalmouth scramble, which is factually incorrect.

And if someone on the internet is factually incorrect, I must correct them

Magic Hat

by Magic Hat » 30 Sep 2016 07:56

genome
Muskrat
genome

I wasn't saying it was, Focher was just saying in the first half all we created was 1 lame shot on target and goalmouth scramble, which is factually incorrect.

You must be busy

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 30 Sep 2016 09:41

bcubed Even in the first half when we looked at our best Brentford threatened with one or two attacks

that's says to me you thought we were at our best in the first half.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Sep 2016 10:52

Magic Hat
genome
Muskrat

You must be busy

I am, it's an exhausting task

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 30 Sep 2016 13:30

Focher
bcubed Even in the first half when we looked at our best Brentford threatened with one or two attacks

that's says to me you thought we were at our best in the first half.

Indeed

but I wasn't saying we were good

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 30 Sep 2016 14:09

mambo3
genome
Focher what that best were we created 1 tame shot on target straight at Bentley and one goal mouth scramble and ended up 2-0 down?

I was at the game, we got taken to school. No plan B, we still tried to play the ball around the back when we were 3-1 down. No subs until
5mins before the end. if we play like that against Derby with Vydras pace we will get done again. Stam is a defensive minded coach and we certainly play with the notion if the opposition don't score we cant lose attitude. If we nick a goal fine.

If you were the boss, what would be your plan b? Would you change formation? Would you bring on another striker? What would be you different plan?

mambo3

by mambo3 » 30 Sep 2016 15:32

Top Flight
mambo3
genome

If you were the boss, what would be your plan b? Would you change formation? Would you bring on another striker? What would be you different plan?

I wouldn't have waited till 5 mins to go to bring on subs, the writing was on the wall after 10mins of the 2nd Half, my plan at 3 -1 down is screw playing it around that back. use my subs and go for broke.