Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Jaap Stam: Reading manager & ex-Man Utd star has 'maybe one' football friend

by Lower West » 29 Sep 2016 22:40

Football Focus BBC1 on Saturday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37508206

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Jaap Stam: Reading manager & ex-Man Utd star has 'maybe one' football friend

by maffff » 30 Sep 2016 11:19

Obvs. Joey.

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Jaap Stam: Reading manager & ex-Man Utd star has 'maybe one' football friend

by MoorgateRoyal » 30 Sep 2016 11:41

I like his frankness and honesty about these things.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 30 Sep 2016 12:24

You can win trophies and make friends - they are not mutually exclusive.

Hitchytwo

by Hitchytwo » 30 Sep 2016 14:12

I'll be your freind Jap! :lol:

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 30 Sep 2016 14:53

Forbury Lion You can win trophies and make friends - they are not mutually exclusive.

Not if you're abitofacunt.

No disrespect to Jaapers, obviously.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 30 Sep 2016 16:40

Hitchytwo I'll be your freind Jap! :lol:
I'd rather see him win a trophy as Reading manager, so I'm going to reject any friend requests he may send me.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 30 Sep 2016 17:07

Forbury Lion
Hitchytwo I'll be your freind Jap! :lol:
I'd rather see him win a trophy as Reading manager, so I'm going to reject any friend requests he may send me.

Better delete the bikini pics, don't want him getting distracted

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 30 Sep 2016 17:28

So who was the one footballer that caught Jaap's eye?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 Sep 2016 17:37

Forbury Lion You can win trophies and make friends - they are not mutually exclusive.

But real, genuine, good friends are rare.

Tap in available

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 01 Oct 2016 09:24

In reality I guess it's like anyone else when they move to take a new job.

How many of their former friends from work do they really stay in touch with, other than "friends on facebook" which is about as similar to real friendship as "watching a match on ceefax" was to actually watching a match.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Oct 2016 11:00

It'll be lonely this christmas....

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 01 Oct 2016 13:22

Interesting insight into the man himself. Well worth watching.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 01 Oct 2016 13:23

Well that was a fukking embarrassment. Whole thing about him as an individual and his time at Manchester United and almost nothing about Reading and what he wants to do. Made it pretty clear that he sees Reading as nothing more than a stepping stone to bigger things. Surprised that the Club let it broadcast tbh.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Oct 2016 18:49

He made it clear he is ambitious and he sees Reading as a step to reach that ambition. It maybe that Reading give him that first opportunity to manage in the PL it maybe that they dont, but while he's here he's going to be 100% committed to the club and he needs to achieve domething here otherwise he wont get to further his ambition anywhere

And if course we're a stepping stone, just as we have been for many other managers, why would it be any different with him when we're not an established PL side? And even established PL sides like Southampton get used as a stepping stone...

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 01 Oct 2016 20:14

Obviously bored them all to death with his style of play.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 01 Oct 2016 22:09

sandman Obviously bored them all to death with his style of play.

Perhaps that's the aim. Discourage away supporters. :shock:

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 03 Oct 2016 08:48

Muskrat Made it pretty clear that he sees Reading as nothing more than a stepping stone to bigger things.
I'm sure at the same stage of their Reading careers most of our ex-managers saw it the same way, other than perhaps McDermot, Coppell, Quinn/Gooding.

The good thing is, that they're only going to earn a place at a higher level by doing well at Reading or doing really well at Reading and taking us to the higher level..... unless of course, they feel another Championship club is a higher level.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Oct 2016 10:02

Forbury Lion
Muskrat Made it pretty clear that he sees Reading as nothing more than a stepping stone to bigger things.
I'm sure at the same stage of their Reading careers most of our ex-managers saw it the same way, other than perhaps McDermot, Coppell, Quinn/Gooding.

The good thing is, that they're only going to earn a place at a higher level by doing well at Reading or doing really well at Reading and taking us to the higher level..... unless of course, they feel another Championship club is a higher level.

When you put it like that.

:|

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 03 Oct 2016 10:38

Muskrat Well that was a fukking embarrassment. Whole thing about him as an individual and his time at Manchester United and almost nothing about Reading and what he wants to do. Made it pretty clear that he sees Reading as nothing more than a stepping stone to bigger things. Surprised that the Club let it broadcast tbh.

An embarrassment? Hardly. Quite what journalistic insight you expected from a puff piece with Clem I don't know but if you find that embarrassing that probably says more about you. As for being surprised the club let it be broadcast, it's not like he said anything negative at all.