Fair play to the club

148 posts
semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

Re: Fair play to the club

by semtex1871 » 29 Oct 2016 16:51

McDermolenko
Nameless There was a group near me and one lad was trying to start the ISIS chant (he was wearing a darkish orange coat, had a beard and glasses). His mates one of whom wore a rather incongruous deerstalker hat), ignored him.

???

Sure I recognise a few in that photo?? Where's the hob nob year-book photos things posted????

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 29 Oct 2016 17:28

Sad little chavs playing Stone Island dress up. Real fans? They've seen a couple of Danny Dyer films and think they're 'ard men.

boycey

by boycey » 29 Oct 2016 17:50

sandman Sad little chavs playing Stone Island dress up. Real fans? They've seen a couple of Danny Dyer films and think they're 'ard men.

good one

Fezza

by Fezza » 29 Oct 2016 18:17

boycey FFS
these are about as close to RFC have to real football lads
hound them out and replace them with the blanket over lap brigade.

no body likes a snitch.

Racism is racism, if you did it at work you'd be sacked - as well as getting it on your police record. The club is infinitely better off without them and their apologist mates.

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 29 Oct 2016 18:22

Oh BF.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 29 Oct 2016 18:58

boycey FFS
these are about as close to RFC have to real football lads
hound them out and replace them with the blanket over lap brigade.

no body likes a snitch.

From what I saw there was one lad chanting, the rest weren't taking any notice. It looked more like stupidity than genuine racism and frankly I'd get them to sit down with Al-Habsi, have to apologise and have him explain why the chant is wrong. They didn't seem like genuine EDL type scum, just a bit over eager to act up.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 29 Oct 2016 19:02

To be honest, I don't think it's racist, just utterly crass and borderline offensive.

OldBiscuit

by OldBiscuit » 29 Oct 2016 19:16

I, condemn racism as do most people, but I despise a 'grass', and it seems we potentially have quite a few here on HNA. Let the authorities do there own work.
Along with racism, I dislike hypocrisy. How many that condemn racism have actually posted abuse towards red heads, gypsy folk or mentally retarder people? How many posters have chanted 'Bobby Zamora the elephant man' or 'where's your caravan' to long haired opposition players at a match?
We all make mistakes and I am as guilty as the next man and have probably contradicted myself at times, but a grass is less welcome in society than an idiot at a game that chants stupid borderline racist comments.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 Oct 2016 19:25

"a grass"

grow up oldun....The Scum days are long gone

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 29 Oct 2016 19:52

:lol: Rare post on the team board as you're all fucking mental in this bit of the forum tbh.

As a right on lefty, let me just say that I've met one of the blokes in that pic and there's no way he's racist.

Misguided chant, I'd agree.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 Oct 2016 19:57

Is that a Police mug-shot of all involved?

No, didn't think so either...a strange eclectic mix if it was

Looks more like a Sunday School outing

OldBiscuit

by OldBiscuit » 29 Oct 2016 20:13

AthleticoSpizz "a grass"

Interesting statement, please elaborate. What exactly does grow up mean in this context?

Let's make one thing clear, a grass is about as popular as a scorpion in a lucky dip barrel and always has been. The problem of grassing is even highlighted in the Bible with Judas paying the ultimate price.
Can you seriously say that your average classroom tell tale tit was an acceptable friend at school?

OldBiscuit

by OldBiscuit » 29 Oct 2016 20:41

This pair of Y26 regulars were also seen at the Emirates on Tuesday and lets be honest, THEY really are trouble.
[img] https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... rNkXHPnB1w[/img]

biff

by biff » 29 Oct 2016 20:49

Heard a few EDL chants at away matches in the last couple of seasons. Hound em out, the cretins.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 Oct 2016 21:18

OldBiscuit
AthleticoSpizz "a grass"

Interesting statement, please elaborate. What exactly does grow up mean in this context?

Let's make one thing clear, a grass is about as popular as a scorpion in a lucky dip barrel and always has been. The problem of grassing is even highlighted in the Bible with Judas paying the ultimate price.
Can you seriously say that your average classroom tell tale tit was an acceptable friend at school?
not sure what age that your username alludes to....but.....why are you getting involved in this juvenile sh1t anyway.

My point still stands....."grass"......grassing-up........is so 1980 Ronnie Barker stuff

Once in a while the PIGS/authorities need to be informed of unacceptable situations.

(If I witnessed your house being burgled by your neighbour whilst you are away, would you rather I not dial 999?
If that makes me a "grass" (lol) then so be it.....)

I think that many of the others here have done a better job of explaining the "context"

jt_1871

by jt_1871 » 29 Oct 2016 21:29

AthleticoSpizz
OldBiscuit
AthleticoSpizz "a grass"

not sure what age that your username alludes to....but.....why are you getting involved in this juvenile sh1t anyway.

My point still stands....."grass"......grassing-up........is so 1980 Ronnie Barker stuff

Once in a while the PIGS/authorities need to be informed of unacceptable situations.

(If I witnessed your house being burgled by your neighbour whilst you are away, would you rather I not dial 999?
If that makes me a "grass" (lol) then so be it.....)

I think that many of the others here have done a better job of explaining the "context"

+1

Fezza

by Fezza » 29 Oct 2016 21:34

Context:

Ali Al-Habsi is a devout Muslim.

Because of his religion, where he is from and the way he looks some "people" feel it is ok to link him to a known terrorist group who are perpetrating horrific war crimes globally - something that the vast vast majority of Muslims feel is utterly abhorrent.

It is as racist as walking up to someone who is Muslim in the street and calling them a terrorist.

I struggle to see how anyone can view this as "OK" or a bit of "Banter".

Blue Label

by Blue Label » 29 Oct 2016 21:46

The lot in the photo were in B25 in the row in front of us.
Except for the fact there was about 12 of them in the space of about 6 seats, they didn't cause any trouble , didn't here them singing and as someone else mentioned disappeared over a 10 min period from about the 75mins on their own accord.
In this case think you need to be careful, don't believe they were the ones involved in the despicable chanting against AAH

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 29 Oct 2016 22:12

I agree that it's dangerous to pick out individuals without proper proof, on the other hand you not hearing anything isn't relevant if other people did !

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 29 Oct 2016 22:22

Good to see some new usernames coming out in support of this thread

:lol:

148 posts