Fair play to the club

148 posts
Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Fair play to the club

by Tony Le Mesmer » 31 Oct 2016 13:55

Some people at a football match might have said something that wasn't very nice.

Judging by the state of this thread, I reckon most of you still wet the bed. It really upsets you that much?

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 31 Oct 2016 14:54

LWJ
LoyalRoyal22
LWJ :lol:

Imagine the club already dealing with something but feeling so important you have to do get involved in the snitchathon. Why don't you focus on your own life :roll:

Someone on the Facebook post compared whatever this song was to saying swear words at Football. Our fan base is embarrassing :|

Sorry, I don't want to be sat around people that racially abuse our own players ( or any player ) ruins my viewing experience.

Report them at the time then.

I'm not condoning their actions at all. Just don't agree with people like you who don't have the balls to do anything yourself until after they have already been banned.

Oh no, I really wanted you to agree with me. :roll:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Oct 2016 18:01

Tony Le Mesmer Some people at a football match might have said something that wasn't very nice.

Judging by the state of this thread, I reckon most of you still wet the bed. It really upsets you that much?

Judging by what I've read, not really.

Some idiots sung something stupid, those idiots have got their comeuppance and will hopefully learn from their lesson - most people agree with this, a few have got their knickers in a twist trying to defend the undefendable. It's simple really, no one with a reasonable degree of empathy and social awareness would have sung it, it's not funny, it's not acceptable, but it's also thankfully not particularly serious.

End of story.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 31 Oct 2016 21:16

Ian Royal
Tony Le Mesmer Some people at a football match might have said something that wasn't very nice.

Judging by what I've read, not really.

Some idiots sung something stupid, those idiots have got their comeuppance and will hopefully learn from their lesson - most people agree with this, a few have got their knickers in a twist trying to defend the undefendable. It's simple really, no one with a reasonable degree of empathy and social awareness would have sung it, it's not funny, it's not acceptable, but it's also thankfully not particularly serious.

End of story.

Yep, totally agree with that.

double d

by double d » 01 Nov 2016 05:58

What happened with Paul Black?

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 01 Nov 2016 14:07

double d What happened with Paul Black?

Still on here, posts as Green.

double d

by double d » 01 Nov 2016 14:12

Maguire

Ah okay, I was just wondering what was being alluded to on page 6 and what happened?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 01 Nov 2016 14:23

Maguire

Forced to change his name due to health and safety/political correctness gone mad.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 01 Nov 2016 14:40

bobby1413
Forbury Lion A precedent was set with the Back the Burbs and make some noise song sheets from Palace away all those years ago and the songs about John Salako and the Reading so called superfan, Paul Black. Not sure what the outcome was for those fans.

What was this about? Don't recall this
STAR produced a song sheet of clean football chants and gave copies out at a home game. A group known as the burbs decided to produce their own version which was handed out at Selhurt Park away game.

Some of the songs were considered by some to be racist. There was a chant about Salako, one about Paul Black which some argue was an excuse to use the word Black etc.... The club, STAR, maybe police were looking into it. There was an article on getreading.

This is not to be confused with the police confiscating copies of The Whiff (Michael Barrymore edition) or the comical message board thread where Palace fans thinking "sh*t on the floor" was a racist chant at a player because their skin colour was black. :lol:

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 01 Nov 2016 14:45

Songs about religion are bad, but songs about cultural differences are okay? I am thinking of the ditty relating to the dining preferences of South Koreans that was sung to Seol Ki-Hyeon 10 years ago......

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 01 Nov 2016 14:48

thought that was iffy at the time, tbf
more so that it was picked out as one of the best songs in the country
even more so that we just nicked it from man utd

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 01 Nov 2016 14:51

Mr Optimist Songs about religion are bad, but songs about cultural differences are okay? I am thinking of the ditty relating to the dining preferences of South Koreans that was sung to Seol Ki-Hyeon 10 years ago......

That is a ridiculous chant in my opinion and one I've never liked. I don't know if it's "racist", guess people can have their own opinion on that.

Two seasons ago I stood at the top of Y25 in front of someone who repeatedly referred to any player of east Asian descent as "ting tong". Not racist but just shows how thick some people are.

The same person shouted out "Break the chinks legs". I told him what I thought of it and he shrugged but thankfully did not repeat it again.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 01 Nov 2016 14:58

Two seasons ago I stood at the top of Y25 in front of someone who repeatedly referred to any player of east Asian descent as "ting tong". Not racist but just shows how thick some people are.

its a bit racist

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 01 Nov 2016 14:58

although, tbf, they do eat dog in his home country

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 01 Nov 2016 15:06

Sticks and stones....................

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 01 Nov 2016 15:44

Gordons Cumming Sticks and stones....................

Are classed as items you are not allowed to bring in to the seated bowl area?

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 01 Nov 2016 18:45

TFF
Maguire
TFF I really don't see the relevance of b8ing Tarrant. He put his dick in the wrong woman, got outed in the press and then went to a football match.
Tough shit.

It's really not comparable to mocking someone's race/religion.

That Chris Tarrant stuff was embarrassing. Bloke's an actual Reading fan, you'd think we could manage a nod and a "hello mate" rather than spending the whole of half time abusing him.

To be clear, I'm not condoning the treatment of CT but questioning its relevance in a discussion about racist chanting directed towards AAH

The context was that fans can be dickheads, specifically because some fans thought he was in the wrong to not be amused by it.

It wouldn't surprise me if the idiots singing the stuff about Al-Habsi thought he'd find if funny if he heard it, and would probably accuse him of having no sense of humour for objecting.

Overall though, it's highly unlikely that they were trying to be offensive, so a life ban seems very harsh. Making a serious error of judgement is not the same as chanting racial abuse.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 02 Nov 2016 09:36

double d
Maguire

Ah okay, I was just wondering what was being alluded to on page 6 and what happened?

This was all sorted out at time. Water under the bridge now m8 lets not rake all that back up.

double d

by double d » 02 Nov 2016 09:39

Green
double d
Maguire

This was all sorted out at time. Water under the bridge now m8 lets not rake all that back up.

No honestly I wasn't I didn't actually know what happened I was genuinely none the wider so was just wondering myself. Didn't mean to do any harm

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 02 Nov 2016 11:15

:D

148 posts