Fair play to the club

148 posts
windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

Fair play to the club

by windermere_royal » 28 Oct 2016 19:13

Acted very swiftly to suspend the STs of the scumbags that abused AAH the other night. should have named them too.
http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news/ ... st_chants/

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Fair play to the club

by Big Foot » 28 Oct 2016 19:16

What was chanted? I heard people chant "No crisis, you know - cos we've got Al-Habsi in goal"

Seems strange for the club to ban fans for singing in support of arguably one of our best players - yet another example of how the club are turning into R£ading F€ and turning fans into cu$tom£r$

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 28 Oct 2016 19:24

Big Foot What was chanted? I heard people chant "No crisis, you know - cos we've got Al-Habsi in goal"

Seems strange for the club to ban fans for singing in support of arguably one of our best players - yet another example of how the club are turning into R£ading F€ and turning fans into cu$tom£r$

From what I hear, a group were singing ISIS chants towards Al Habsi, but please, by all means criticise the club over this one.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 28 Oct 2016 19:25

Big Foot What was chanted? I heard people chant "No crisis, you know - cos we've got Al-Habsi in goal"

Racist chants associated to ISIS.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 28 Oct 2016 19:26

tidus_mi2

From what I hear, a group were singing ISIS chants towards Al Habsi, but please, by all means criticise the club over this one.

You say tomato, I say tomata

Easy to see how "No crisis, you know - cos we've got Al-Habsi in goal" can be misheard, especially given the atmosphere on Tuesday night was electric

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 28 Oct 2016 19:28

windermere_royal

So you can't name the chant but you want fans to have been named? All for a simple mishearing of a chant - gr8 logic

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 28 Oct 2016 19:30

If the club have gone to those lengths I'm assuming they have fairly concrete evidence???

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 28 Oct 2016 19:31

Big Foot
windermere_royal

So you can't name the chant but you want fans to have been named? All for a simple mishearing of a chant - gr8 logic

Not sure if you're taking the pish BF but I will reply.

It seems strange to argue about this. Mishearing chants is easy and you probably did hear what you thought. But others in another area of the stand did not mishear. They were comparing AAH to ISIS. I don't know in what context but I don't find it funny or acceptable either way.

This caused other fans to react and from what I heard there's was some confrontation between
The group and numerous others who had an issue with what
They were singing.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 28 Oct 2016 19:32

Numerous reports on the BFTG thread including this from SCIAG:
"The ISIS chants were absolutely there (I heard "Al-Habsi blew up Paris, he's ISIS...") and they were disgusting, but I think they were limited to a few drunk daytrippers who arrived late and left early. They didn't catch on with the wider crowd who were very well behaved but still generated a good atmosphere. Hopefully the people involved woke up this morning and felt foolish. In today's world they couldn't really complain if they were banned."

didn't hear anything personally.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 28 Oct 2016 19:36

bobby1413
Big Foot
windermere_royal

Not sure if you're taking the pish BF but I will reply.

It seems strange to argue about this. Mishearing chants is easy and you probably did hear what you thought. But others in another area of the stand did not mishear. They were comparing AAH to ISIS. I don't know in what context but I don't find it funny or acceptable either way.

This caused other fans to react and from what I heard there's was some confrontation between
The group and numerous others who had an issue with what
They were singing.
Not taking the pish at all, I'm just stunned that someone can demand people be named for allegedly chanting something which the outraged person can't even name themselves - surely you understand my logic?

When you add this to the other reports emerging about the chant being misheard and it actually praising Al-Habsi, I think it's best for everyone involved to just focus on the pitch, where Al-Habsi's only link to extremism would be his extremely good form in the last couple of games.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 28 Oct 2016 19:36

If this refers to the lot towards the back of Block 24, We weren't far from them and when they started singing something about Al Habsi and Isis, I just thought drunken kids/ idiots. :roll:
However a couple of people took umbridge and reported them to a female steward, It looked like they were initially warned by her, but there was a bit of pushing and shoving and gesticulating between the fans, before it started escalating and one or two were thrown out.

That was my take on it.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 28 Oct 2016 19:48

They should have suspended that absolutely fanny who ran away from the Bristol City fans with a pheasant in his hand a few years back :lol:

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 28 Oct 2016 19:50

Royality creeps In If this refers to the lot towards the back of Block 24, We weren't far from them and when they started singing something about Al Habsi and Isis, I just thought drunken kids/ idiots. :roll:
However a couple of people took umbridge and reported them to a female steward, It looked like they were initially warned by her, but there was a bit of pushing and shoving and gesticulating between the fans, before it started escalating and one or two were thrown out.

That was my take on it.

Tbh if I'd heard it I would have wanted to knock the oxf*rd out.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Oct 2016 20:50

BF,

The chant is "Oh he's ISIS, you know, Ali Al-Habsi in goal". I heard it last year in Y25 (and in fact I should've reported it then). Good on the club for banning them and well done to the Arsenal stewards for picking up on it
Last edited by genome on 28 Oct 2016 21:03, edited 1 time in total.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Oct 2016 20:58

It's also fairly obvious who the culprits were if you look hard enough on the readingfc hashtag.

Turns out AE's favourite RFCdan is the one who "dobbed them in" :lol:
Last edited by genome on 28 Oct 2016 21:21, edited 1 time in total.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 28 Oct 2016 21:06

Last edited by bobby1413 on 29 Oct 2016 13:12, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 28 Oct 2016 21:39

Didn't hear it personally, but if it is true then I'm quite happy about the ban. Arsenal stewarding seemed generally quite fair/not overreactionary, and other away fans reported it, so I'm inclined to believe that it happened.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 28 Oct 2016 22:35

Scott Rodgers and Woodley Royal seem a bit dense don't they?

"@scottrogers1997 @DRCHarrington @RFCdan the song does not mention race colour or even the last resort of religion, something of nothing"

Yeah, I mean it could have quite easily been Gunter who was used in the chant right? :roll:

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 28 Oct 2016 23:51

genome It's also fairly obvious who the culprits were if you look hard enough on the readingfc hashtag.

Turns out AE's favourite RFCdan is the one who "dobbed them in" :lol:

No way

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 29 Oct 2016 00:04

An even half hearted attempt to defend these total imbeciles who chanted this on Tuesday is quite frankly embarrassing and pathetic.

Well done to Reading FC in addressing this issue..

No doubt more HNA user names to ban too.

148 posts