Re: BFTG - Burton

by Para Handy » 29 Nov 2016 21:27

Muskrat Well exactly AS, like that's going to phase me at all :D

Faze. HTH.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 29 Nov 2016 22:34

Phew, thanks for that otherwise I would have lost a few picoseconds of sleep tonight and felt jaded tomorrow.

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 29 Nov 2016 23:22

Silver Fox
Muskrat People will of course have their blinkers on because it was a "comfortable" 3-0 win and we're (somehow) third in the league. I'd get a screenshot now if I were you guys because next week when Brizzle and their 3,000 fans roll into town I feel a big reality check coming our way :|

It's more of a quote than a screenshot but do go on....

^^ tbh I was actually pointing out you were wrong twice. You've no idea what phase/faze means and I've taken a screenshot and we're still third. Sleep well. Some reality check.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 30 Nov 2016 10:16

teams that are better than the previous 4 teams we have beaten are better than the previous 4 teams we have beaten.

reality is pretty shocking.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 03 Dec 2016 22:19

Muskrat Forest all over again. Bossed by a poor team for most of the game but again managed to get two goals in front. Gifted a third via an own goal at the end. Once again they had more shots and shots on target than we did and the three at the back looked shaky all game. In fact the starting formation was bizarre to say the least, 3-4-1-2 with Beerens totally lost in his number 10 role. No surprise when he was subbed, I actually felt sorry for him.

Without Swift to pull the strings we're pretty impotent going forward with very little creativity in the midfield. The GMAC is immense though. Frightens the living Oxford out of defenses with his pace and trickery. Why he isn't in the Premier league I'll never know. But for me it was AAH collecting the POTM for October that was the most telling. Excellent again today and when he was beaten Williams headed off the line.

People will of course have their blinkers on because it was a "comfortable" 3-0 win and we're (somehow) third in the league. I'd get a screenshot now if I were you guys because next week when Brizzle and their 3,000 fans roll into town I feel a big reality check coming our way :|

*AHEM*

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 03 Dec 2016 22:22

Maneki Neko
Muskrat Sure no problem. I wasn't able to get to the game but listened on the radio and it sounded like we got exactly what I predicted, a reality check. Loads of posters who went to the game have said that Brizzle were unlucky not to have got something from the game and pretty much bossed the second half. Also I've had a close look at the video footage now and definitely not a penalty for me plus it seems that they should have been awarded one when Harriott handled the ball in the box (no video of that). So yeah I think I was pretty much spot on.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Not quite so comical now is it.....

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 03 Dec 2016 22:46

Did you listen to this one on the radio too, you boring twat?

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 03 Dec 2016 23:12

No.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 04 Dec 2016 11:47

Congratulations have to go to Muskrat for successfully predicting that Reading would eventually lose a game.

I'll go one better. Not only will we lose another match at some point in the future, but we'll also win at least one.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Dec 2016 11:48

SCIAG Congratulations have to go to Muskrat for successfully predicting that Reading would eventually lose a game.

I'll go one better. Not only will we lose another match at some point in the future, but we'll also win at least one.

I'm going to fly off the handle and suggest not only will we win or lose a game in the future, we may even draw one.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 04 Dec 2016 11:53

:shock:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 Dec 2016 22:53

Still 3rd two games into our massive reality check. As reality checks go, it's pretty good.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 06 Dec 2016 21:16

I can only think that you must live in an alternative Universe if you think that the last two games have been "pretty good ".

Against Bristol we were awarded a penalty that shouldn't have been whilst they had an absolutely nailed on one waved away when Harriott handled in the box. Meanwhile we allowed them 26 shots on our goal (2 more than Fulham had on Saturday) and Al Habsi made yet another of his another wonder saves. About as spawny a win as you're ever likely to see.

And then on to Fulham. I'd love to hear what was "pretty good " about that when Fulham had 68% possession, 24 shots, scoring 5 without reply in the process and Mick Gooding still rated Al Habsi as our Man of the Match :|

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Dec 2016 21:27

Muskrat I can only think that you must live in an alternative Universe if you think that the last two games have been "pretty good ".

Against Bristol we were awarded a penalty that shouldn't have been whilst they had an absolutely nailed on one waved away when Harriott handled in the box. Meanwhile we allowed them 26 shots on our goal (2 more than Fulham had on Saturday) and Al Habsi made yet another of his another wonder saves. About as spawny a win as you're ever likely to see.

And then on to Fulham. I'd love to hear what was "pretty good " about that when Fulham had 68% possession, 24 shots, scoring 5 without reply in the process and Mick Gooding still rated Al Habsi as our Man of the Match :|

Three points from six, against decent teams. Pretty good. One match, shit happens.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 07 Dec 2016 00:44

Muskrat I can only think that you must live in an alternative Universe if you think that the last two games have been "pretty good ".

Oh ffs stop being such a fcuking tedious fcuking bore.

We lost a game badly. We can all agree with that. We didn't get to third by losing games though did we?
Yes we probably won't finish 3rd, but who knows? I was very down at the start of the season, but you know good things are happening.

However I'm sure when we finish mid table you'll be crowing. So well done you, in advance.

Now fcuk off.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 07 Dec 2016 08:12

But Lord, how should I fcuk off? :D

157 posts