Re: Anyone For Chinese?

by Sutekh » 12 Dec 2016 17:06

Huang Rulun and his brother Huang Rulforanother

I'll get me coat...

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 12 Dec 2016 19:44

One8Seven1* Confirmed today by GetReading that it is only the brother and sister and not a consortium. I know it got a mention recently, but that's a positive for me at least. I'm not a fan of consortiums.

And they met with the Football League, so things are moving at some pace.

I sometimes wonder why they bother.

The bar for the fit & proper test is set so low that a consortium headed by John Delorean, Nick Leeson and Rosemary west would pass with flying colours. I think you'd need to go to the meeting, stab an FA exec to death, and take a dump into his gaping dead mouth, burning his worldly possessions in a pagan ritual, before they'd suggest you might not be fit to run a club.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Dec 2016 20:47

tmesis
One8Seven1* Confirmed today by GetReading that it is only the brother and sister and not a consortium. I know it got a mention recently, but that's a positive for me at least. I'm not a fan of consortiums.

And they met with the Football League, so things are moving at some pace.

I sometimes wonder why they bother.

The bar for the fit & proper test is set so low that a consortium headed by John Delorean, Nick Leeson and Rosemary west would pass with flying colours. I think you'd need to go to the meeting, stab an FA exec to death, and take a dump into his gaping dead mouth, burning his worldly possessions in a pagan ritual, before they'd suggest you might not be fit to run a club.

Sounds fun. Where do I sign up.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 12 Dec 2016 21:24

tmesis I think you'd need to go to the meeting, stab an FA exec to death, and take a dump into his gaping dead mouth, burning his worldly possessions in a pagan ritual, before they'd suggest you might not be fit to run a club.

Cellino did that and still got through eventually.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 13 Dec 2016 13:10

Platypuss
tmesis I think you'd need to go to the meeting, stab an FA exec to death, and take a dump into his gaping dead mouth, burning his worldly possessions in a pagan ritual, before they'd suggest you might not be fit to run a club.

Cellino did that and still got through eventually.

Must have known the secret handshake.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Dec 2016 13:51

So, Birmingham's new Chinese owners have sacked Gary Rowett despite a very good record in the division this season.

Anyone else concerned? :?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 14 Dec 2016 14:18

The implication being that all Chinese people are equally irrational :?:

Rollerbob

by Rollerbob » 14 Dec 2016 14:41

winchester_royal The implication being that all Chinese people are equally irrational :?:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Dec 2016 14:52

winchester_royal The implication being that all Chinese people are equally irrational :?:

Your words, not mine.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 14 Dec 2016 14:53

genome

Your words, not mine.

I think he meas they all look equally irrational

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 14 Dec 2016 15:25

And there was me thinking they were going to come in and solve all our financial problems because of how good they are at maths.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 14 Dec 2016 15:42

A brief article explaining the criteria for the Owners & Directors Test
http://www.lawinsport.com/articles/item/is-football-s-owners-directors-test-fit-for-purpose

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 14 Dec 2016 16:22

genome So, Birmingham's new Chinese owners have sacked Gary Rowett despite a very good record in the division this season.

Anyone else concerned? :?

That is just ridiculous. Stam is a big name, so hopefully they'll stick with him. He can draw players in which you'd hope would be their intention with any new manager, and ours is already embedded and building a good side. We just need some investment in January and we might finish in the play-offs.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Dec 2016 16:23

It's pretty much a given that if you were hired before the owners were in charge, then you need to be bloody successful, or you're out at the first sign of disappointment. Big name or not, you're not their appointment.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 14 Dec 2016 17:09

Ian Royal It's pretty much a given that if you were hired before the owners were in charge, then you need to be bloody successful, or you're out at the first sign of disappointment. Big name or not, you're not their appointment.

Is that what happened to you at Thames Water, Ian :?:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Dec 2016 18:54

Green
Ian Royal It's pretty much a given that if you were hired before the owners were in charge, then you need to be bloody successful, or you're out at the first sign of disappointment. Big name or not, you're not their appointment.

Is that what happened to you at Thames Water, Ian :?:

Nope, never worked for them. Told them off once or twice.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 14 Dec 2016 20:24

genome

A great bunch of lads

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 14 Dec 2016 20:38

The good news is, Stam has been 'bloody successful" in his short time and I've not met too many millionaires or billionaires that are complete twats with zero business sense. And I deal with both on a daily basis and would say Jaap's postiston is very safe.

No need for knicker wetting Ian.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 14 Dec 2016 20:48

Oilroyal

The good news is, Stam has been 'bloody successful" in his short time and I've not met too many millionaires or billionaires that are complete twats with zero business sense. And I deal with both on a daily basis and would say Jaap's postiston is very safe.

Ooh check out Donald Trump over here

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 14 Dec 2016 20:52

leon
Oilroyal

Ooh check out Donald Trump over here

You can call me Don but back to the business side of the game, the Thias appointment of Jaap was just as important to them as Royal Elm Park planning approval. Clever business on their part.

948 posts