Anyone For Chinese?

948 posts
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Anyone For Chinese?

by From Despair To Where? » 14 Dec 2016 22:01

genome So, Birmingham's new Chinese owners have sacked Gary Rowett despite a very good record in the division this season.

Anyone else concerned? :?

I'm slightly more concerned that, despite having a reported nett worth of £2.2b, the sister has chosen to live in Croydon for the last 15 years.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 14 Dec 2016 22:13

From Despair To Where?
genome So, Birmingham's new Chinese owners have sacked Gary Rowett despite a very good record in the division this season.

Anyone else concerned? :?

I'm slightly more concerned that, despite having a reported nett worth of £2.2b, the sister has chosen to live in Croydon for the last 15 years.

Too much to be concerned with. Rowett losing his Job. Jaap being so good in this division. A potential female billionaire co Chinese owner with a CR post code. I think I'll just watch Xfactor on catch up and hope for the best :D

George_

by George_ » 20 Dec 2016 08:48

Daily Mail picking up on the story now:

The great Chinese takeover of English football is set to gather pace, with Championship side Reading becoming the latest club to be bought by the Far East purchasers, who are fast becoming the biggest spenders in the English game.
Chinese brother and sister Dai Yongge and Dai Xiu Li, whose £130million bid to buy Hull City collapsed last summer because the buying process failed to satisfy the Premier League, have made an offer for Reading that is now being examined by the Football League.
Under the proposed deal, the current Thai owners, who bought the club from Sir John Madejski in 2014, would keep a minority stake as well as land around the stadium and its hotel.

The Dais have a Hong Kong property empire and own Chinese club Beijing Renhe, who were relegated from the Super League last season.
Advisor Pairoj Piempongsant, who brokered the deal when the Thais took charge, is involved again and has been appointed as a director. Agents with an interest in potential transfers involving Reading have been told to hold fire because of the imminent change of ownership

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 21 Dec 2016 11:05

Agents with an interest in potential transfers involving Reading have been told to hold fire because of the imminent change of ownership

The interesting bit. I'm assuming this is more related to possible outgoings (Williams/GMac?)

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 21 Dec 2016 12:37

I saw that, but then also saw a quote from Stam saying we are working hard behind the scenes to get people in; so I'd take no notice of talks being put on hold. The club wont risk losing the transfer window just because the ownership situation is likely to to change. It just perhaps creates uncertainty as to what we can and can't afford.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Dec 2016 12:47

One8Seven1* I saw that, but then also saw a quote from Stam saying we are working hard behind the scenes to get people in; so I'd take no notice of talks being put on hold. The club wont risk losing the transfer window just because the ownership situation is likely to to change. It just perhaps creates uncertainty as to what we can and can't afford.

Club will progress deals based on current budget. Depending on where these are, these can easily be dropped if more money is suddenly avaialble so that a "higher" level of transfer is suddenly possible.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 21 Dec 2016 12:48

you would also expect the new owners to have already told Stam what his budget is if the deal goes through, and he can identify players for both budgets depending on whether the take over happens or not.

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 21 Dec 2016 15:21

Stranded
One8Seven1* I saw that, but then also saw a quote from Stam saying we are working hard behind the scenes to get people in; so I'd take no notice of talks being put on hold. The club wont risk losing the transfer window just because the ownership situation is likely to to change. It just perhaps creates uncertainty as to what we can and can't afford.

Club will progress deals based on current budget. Depending on where these are, these can easily be dropped if more money is suddenly avaialble so that a "higher" level of transfer is suddenly possible.

Well you say that, then a usually very credible source tells us we've just bid £9m for Scott Hogan. He's not often wrong, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Dec 2016 15:26

One8Seven1*
Stranded

Well you say that, then a usually very credible source tells us we've just bid £9m for Scott Hogan. He's not often wrong, but I'll believe it when I see it.

He hasn't said we've bid for Hogan. He said there's definite interest.

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 21 Dec 2016 16:22

Nicko says we've bid, and he's usually spot on. He was also all over Stam coming here before it broke elsewhere.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Dec 2016 16:33

Ah, fair enough, thought you were talking about Chaz.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Dec 2016 16:56

Bidding £9m for a player would seem to indicate that this takeover is imminent. Going to be an immensely interesting January methinks.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Dec 2016 17:55

Pepe the Horseman Ah, fair enough, thought you were talking about Chaz.

No he said Nicko, you dingbat

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 22 Dec 2016 08:44

Sutekh Bidding £9m for a player would seem to indicate that this takeover is imminent. Going to be an immensely interesting January methinks.

The £9m figure is way off apparently, but a bid is in and as of yesterday we were the only bid on the table according to Nicko.

This lad has had two bad injuries on the same knee and mustered around 30 starts outside of League 2. Anything over £3m is a big risk IMO.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 22 Dec 2016 09:22

One8Seven1*
Sutekh Bidding £9m for a player would seem to indicate that this takeover is imminent. Going to be an immensely interesting January methinks.

The £9m figure is way off apparently, but a bid is in and as of yesterday we were the only bid on the table according to Nicko.

This lad has had two bad injuries on the same knee and mustered around 30 starts outside of League 2. Anything over £3m is a big risk IMO.

Anything around £3mill is no risk as they'll tell us to fuk off.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 22 Dec 2016 10:04

And quite rightly based on £5m we got for Tishibola who had been injured for most of the previous season :P

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 22 Dec 2016 10:22

Last night I learned that there were a few bidders interested in us.

One of the unsuccessful ones was China Land Fortune Development - Owners of Hebei FC.

Samuelson was behind it. He just won't give up on us.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 22 Dec 2016 17:35

leon
genome :lol:
winchester_royal The implication being that all Chinese people are equally irrational :?:

A great bunch of lads

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I wouldn't quite know about that type of thing .

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 23 Dec 2016 00:29

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 23 Dec 2016 01:59

948 posts