Re: Anyone For Chinese?

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Jan 2017 21:15

:lol: .....but I was generalising

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 14 Jan 2017 21:52

sandman
AthleticoSpizz For me, It all harps back to that " look at what he took on" scenario

For those of us around at that time.....and appreciated just how much we were "down-at-heel" even if he has sold-out to Cellino, Saddam or even Ian Royal ......he would still deserve a bit more latitude than what some of the clueless pcunts on here give him.

RoyalBlue isn't clueless. His daughter is a goalkeeper, and you know how respected female goalkeepers are.

Got to say, this makes you look like a massive prick.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Jan 2017 21:53

Yes...I have one

But who are you accusing?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Jan 2017 09:49

Presumably sandman, who once again has said somethung that makes him look a massive prick.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 15 Jan 2017 10:05

I'd just like to say that I respect all the female footballers, apart from Aluko who whenever I've watched her couldn't hit a barn door.

I'd also like to apologise to Ian Royal who is a sort of goalkeeper, a goalkeeper of all morals, and is also a woman.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Jan 2017 17:57

Ian Royal
RoyalBlue
Ian Royal
I didn't say the takeover went well, I said it happened.

According to the seller, both deals were meant to be the best thing since sliced bread and secure a successful future for the club. We've already paid the price and regret the fact that the first deal deal went through and now it's looking as though we might end up feeling the same about the second. With hindsight, it's perhaps a great shame that those two sets of buyers passed the fit & proper person test!

You'd have thought that after getting a taste of what other owners are like, you'd begin to appreciate the fantastic job Madejski did for us whilst he was in charge. But no. Same tired old petty hatred as ever.

A fantastic job, which sadly he managed to go a long way towards undoing in his desperation to sell. No hatred just don't love the guy (he really isn't that likeable if you get to look under the surface) or believe he is the saint/saviour like some on here do.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Jan 2017 18:03

sandman
AthleticoSpizz For me, It all harps back to that " look at what he took on" scenario

For those of us around at that time.....and appreciated just how much we were "down-at-heel" even if he has sold-out to Cellino, Saddam or even Ian Royal ......he would still deserve a bit more latitude than what some of the clueless pcunts on here give him.

RoyalBlue isn't clueless. His daughter is a goalkeeper, and you know how respected female goalkeepers are. So clearly he knows everything there is to know about football and finances.

Working at a senior level in a successful business does tend to give you a pretty good idea about finance and how businesses are run. As for knocking female footballers, those who are enjoying playing at a decent level in the US, whilst having all the costs of an excellent university education met at the same time (thus graduating debt free) are unlikely to be troubled by your blinkered views.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 16 Jan 2017 02:52

Hi Andy

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 18 Jan 2017 12:55

Now that the Tiago deal has gone through, does this mean we have made progress with the takeover or was this deal always going to happen regardless?

Looks like we have been waiting on a green light before we could confirm the deal in black and white.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 18 Jan 2017 13:09

Who knows ?
I heard the delay was because Sport Lisbon still had some kind of involvement and they were the hold up.
It does seem like someone has given the thumbs up to investment but given the Thai's are staying involved there is no reason they would stop supporting Jaap just because there may be a sale.
Whatever, it can only be good that stuff is happening and at least we know the Chinese aren't vetoing anything...

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Jan 2017 17:13

JS possibly a little happier at the press conference today? He confirmed that the Chinese talks are still ongoing and Reading are looking to bring more players in this January.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 23 Jan 2017 22:52

This lot enjoy nothing more than stabbing it into us... Bunch of oxf*rd with nothing to say apart from hearsay and gossip http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4149816/Reading-s-Chinese-takeover-verge-collapse.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 23 Jan 2017 23:27

Oilroyal This lot enjoy nothing more than stabbing it into us... Bunch of oxf*rd with nothing to say apart from hearsay and gossip http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4149816/Reading-s-Chinese-takeover-verge-collapse.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

When one party "declines to comment" it can add weight to a certain argument as silence can be assumed as guilt.

When everyone declines to comment though it probably means no one can be arsed with the Daily Fail's shite journalism.

Woeful article.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 24 Jan 2017 11:48

Daily Mail seem to have broken lots of Reading stories recently. Cant really see the motive to this being made up & does make sense ( no news for weeks) I think we need to accept this one isn't happening. Just got to hope the current owners can continue to fund the club

If they wanted, could they just walk away from the club & its debts & keep the land they transferred to another company?

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 24 Jan 2017 12:11

LoyalRoyal22 If they wanted, could they just walk away from the club & its debts & keep the land they transferred to another company?

I don't think so. They could try but there are laws that stop you doing that sort of thing (taking assets out of an insolvent company.) Otherwise everyone would be at it! I think in this case the transfer would be invalid if it wasn't at "market value". So if they subsequently made a fortune from the land there would be legal recourse from the club and the directors at the time would be prosecuted.

More likely is that the creditors would just seize the other company if the debt cannot be paid. The debt was secured on the clubs assets is probably secured on the shares in the other company.

I don't see the Thais would gain anything by that - so probably if they can't sell us they will just stop investing and that will force us to make huge cuts to the wage bill which would clearly endanger our place in the Championship.

The fact that they have signed McCleary and Ilori implies we are some way from that scenario. The Mail is clearly talking rubbish - no way would the fee for Illori be that high and transfer fees are not just paid in cash like that. Charles Watts stated confidently it was £500k per year for 4 years, which is a drop in the ocean compared to that debt!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 Jan 2017 12:14

Just saying like, but if the EFL and the PL both have doubts over the takeover and decide to reject it - it's probably a good thing they do.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 24 Jan 2017 12:15

According to the Mail the club owes £73million.

If we have a quick whip round amongst our 25,000 fans we could pay off that debt if we all contribute £3,000 each. Who's in?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 24 Jan 2017 12:24

genome Just saying like, but if the EFL and the PL both have doubts over the takeover and decide to reject it - it's probably a good thing they do.

I would agree considering all the problems surrounding Anton's takeover and all that followed when he finally pushed the half takeover over the line.

Once bitten, twice shy!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Jan 2017 12:37

it doesnt sound like its based in any sort of fact - 'Sportsmail understands' is basically code for a complete pile of BS

Someone is likely to take us over one day - if these 2 have the money they claim to have, it may as well be them as the next international consortium that comes along

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 24 Jan 2017 12:41

So.

A charge was registered at Companies Hourse yesterday. Basically meaning that we've borrowed money from somebody and in return we've offered security on that debt (in the same way that you would offer your house as security on a mortgage).

The Charge document is between ourselves and a company called Great Shine International Limited, which is a company registered in Hong Kong, as a result meaning that very little other information is available about this company.....but, I'm sure I'm not alone in taking a wild stab at guessing who this company might belong to, and therefore who we have borrowed the money from.

948 posts