Anyone For Chinese?

948 posts
tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Anyone For Chinese?

by tidus_mi2 » 24 Jan 2017 12:43

winchester_royal So.

A charge was registered at Companies Hourse yesterday. Basically meaning that we've borrowed money from somebody and in return we've offered security on that debt (in the same way that you would offer your house as security on a mortgage).

The Charge document is between ourselves and a company called Great Shine International Limited, which is a company registered in Hong Kong, as a result meaning that very little other information is available about this company.....but, I'm sure I'm not alone in taking a wild stab at guessing who this company might belong to, and therefore who we have borrowed the money from.

So basically, they've lent us money to see us strengthen in this transfer window but if the deal collapses, they are just another stakeholder we owe money to?

In the end that isn't a horrible situation and if it does fall through, the Thais will probably just pursue alternative sources of investment, especially considering only Sasima seems to 100% want to jump ship.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 24 Jan 2017 12:45

winchester_royal So.

A charge was registered at Companies Hourse yesterday. Basically meaning that we've borrowed money from somebody and in return we've offered security on that debt (in the same way that you would offer your house as security on a mortgage).

The Charge document is between ourselves and a company called Great Shine International Limited, which is a company registered in Hong Kong, as a result meaning that very little other information is available about this company.....but, I'm sure I'm not alone in taking a wild stab at guessing who this company might belong to, and therefore who we have borrowed the money from.

Further digging - the lawyer's who handled the charge documents, Walker Morris LLP, have the same address as Renhe Sports Management Co Ltd.

Who are Renhe Sports Management Co Ltd you ask? Well, they are a company who were set up in November 2016 and have 2 Directors registered on companies house.

Anybody like to guess who those two individuals are?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10499642/officers

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 Jan 2017 12:46

It all went downhill for Lady Sasima after she tried performing her song in front of 4,000 Leeds fans.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 24 Jan 2017 12:46

For the record - we borrowed £10.4m from them - you can put your life on the fact that was the hold up with the Ilori deal.

Where's the rest of the money going I wonder?

The Informant

by The Informant » 24 Jan 2017 12:52

This all stinks.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 24 Jan 2017 12:54

Z175
LoyalRoyal22 If they wanted, could they just walk away from the club & its debts & keep the land they transferred to another company?

I don't think so. They could try but there are laws that stop you doing that sort of thing (taking assets out of an insolvent company.) Otherwise everyone would be at it! I think in this case the transfer would be invalid if it wasn't at "market value". So if they subsequently made a fortune from the land there would be legal recourse from the club and the directors at the time would be prosecuted.

More likely is that the creditors would just seize the other company if the debt cannot be paid. The debt was secured on the clubs assets is probably secured on the shares in the other company.

I don't see the Thais would gain anything by that - so probably if they can't sell us they will just stop investing and that will force us to make huge cuts to the wage bill which would clearly endanger our place in the Championship.

The fact that they have signed McCleary and Ilori implies we are some way from that scenario. The Mail is clearly talking rubbish - no way would the fee for Illori be that high and transfer fees are not just paid in cash like that. Charles Watts stated confidently it was £500k per year for 4 years, which is a drop in the ocean compared to that debt!

Nice one.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 24 Jan 2017 12:59

winchester_royal For the record - we borrowed £10.4m from them - you can put your life on the fact that was the hold up with the Ilori deal.

Brilliant digging there

Looking at it positively in the short-term hopefully that is all for transfers (including Ilori deal)

Assuming it isn't all for transfers though, might signal cash flow problems? More debt accumulated by the club

Best case scenario: The Takeover is a foregone conclusion

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 24 Jan 2017 13:04

LoyalRoyal22
winchester_royal For the record - we borrowed £10.4m from them - you can put your life on the fact that was the hold up with the Ilori deal.

Brilliant digging there

Looking at it positively in the short-term hopefully that is all for transfers (including Ilori deal)

Assuming it isn't all for transfers though, might signal cash flow problems? More debt accumulated by the club

Just about every football club outside the prem will have cash flow issues - can't make £15m losses without having cash flow issues.

Normally you'd find the actual shareholders providing loans/capital investment but I think it's increasingly clear the Thais don't want to put anymore money in.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Jan 2017 13:20

LoyalRoyal22

Brilliant digging there

One would hope that given that they have loaned the club money that have a decent level of confidence that the deal is going to move through.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 24 Jan 2017 13:20

winchester_royal
LoyalRoyal22

Brilliant digging there

Just about every football club outside the prem will have cash flow issues - can't make £15m losses without having cash flow issues.

Normally you'd find the actual shareholders providing loans/capital investment but I think it's increasingly clear the Thais don't want to put anymore money in.

Yeh. Anyway, well done for putting this all together. Interesting.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 24 Jan 2017 13:22

Cheers, with the lack of a decent local journo atm we all have to pitch in :lol:

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 24 Jan 2017 13:31

winchester_royal Cheers, with the lack of a decent local journo atm we all have to pitch in :lol:

Countdown until your scoop is picked up by mainstream media....

Seriously, great work

Yay, I called it!
Last edited by Linden Jones' Tash on 26 Jan 2017 18:31, edited 1 time in total.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Jan 2017 14:15

very interesting. good work

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 24 Jan 2017 14:39

I think they lost a non-refundable deposit on the Hull takeover attempt

Hopefully at worst, this is a interest free loan

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 24 Jan 2017 14:59

Good work WR.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Jan 2017 15:13

Cheers w_r. Good work.

RoyalJM

by RoyalJM » 24 Jan 2017 15:17

winchester_royal
winchester_royal So.

Further digging - the lawyer's who handled the charge documents, Walker Morris LLP, have the same address as Renhe Sports Management Co Ltd.

Who are Renhe Sports Management Co Ltd you ask? Well, they are a company who were set up in November 2016 and have 2 Directors registered on companies house.

Walker Morris also advised the Thais when coming in to the club back in 2014 - https://www.walkermorris.co.uk/news/wal ... eading-fc/

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Jan 2017 15:17

that info again puts into context how dire that Mail article was. completely puts them to shame (if they had any)

RoyalJM

by RoyalJM » 24 Jan 2017 15:24

winchester_royal
winchester_royal So.

Walker Morris supposedly advised the Thais on getting in the club back in 2014 - https://www.walkermorris.co.uk/news/wal ... eading-fc/

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Jan 2017 16:26

After the Chinese failure to get Hull they would know what the issues were that caused them to be rejected and therefore presumably would not pitch the deal for Reading in the same way

Likewise the Thais should have done their homework to reassure themselves that the deal was not going to be set up/involve the same people that caused those issues so that they'd be confident of completing

So, logically, because of those issues previously the PL/FL are going through everything with a fine tooth comb and presumably lawyers and accountants are arguing the technicalities backwards and forwards.

We'll be lucky to get the final answer before Easter, let alone deadline day.

948 posts