Anyone For Chinese?

948 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Anyone For Chinese?

by Ian Royal » 09 Apr 2017 22:40

Scutterbucketz
Nameless
Scutterbucketz Also, I hope all plans for Royal Elm Rink (or whatever it was going to be called) crash and fukking burn. I couldn't give two fukks to expanding the area or the stadium and those Thai pcunts can stick their ice skating up their fukking arse.

Why ?

Because the Thais will presumably make a shed load of cash out of it. Not the stadium expansion part, but as I'm sure that's not remotely part of their future plans. Not that it's needed or ever will be.

What's got your undies in a twist the last day or so?

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 09 Apr 2017 23:12

Ian Royal
Scutterbucketz
Nameless
Why ?

Because the Thais will presumably make a shed load of cash out of it. Not the stadium expansion part, but as I'm sure that's not remotely part of their future plans. Not that it's needed or ever will be.

What's got your undies in a twist the last day or so?

Just think this is bad news all round. Always happy to proved wrong about these sort of things.

Silverfox

by Silverfox » 10 Apr 2017 08:36

Scutterbucketz
Nameless
Scutterbucketz Also, I hope all plans for Royal Elm Rink (or whatever it was going to be called) crash and fukking burn. I couldn't give two fukks to expanding the area or the stadium and those Thai pcunts can stick their ice skating up their fukking arse.

Why ?

I park my car in the RED Carpark,, which is why i don't want any development! on it . I don't want to get a park/ride bus from the Outer Hebrides (Mereoak) on some germ ridden steamed up , cattle wagon. Sod everyone who wants the development, but if it does go ahead then l will just have to buy one of the £400K flats just to park my car in comfort on matchdays!..
No cold queuing with the Oi polloi for me I'm afraid.

I'm considerably richer than thou!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Apr 2017 08:59

Basically the only item of note in the EP bit, other than the headline, is...

On Sunday, April 9 a spokesman for Reading FC said: "The club will now spend the coming weeks working diligently with the EFL, our current shareholders and both Mr Yongge Dai and Miss Xui Li Dai to ensure the application meets those specific conditions and all the relevant EFL regulations.

There is no further insight, views, quotes or information which suggests to me it was a last minute rush job to get in before the news was covered in a national. But then it is GetReading so that'll either be it for several months or we'll get another snippet of information released every day for the next week or so that again won't amount to much beyond the headline.

royal_rumble

by royal_rumble » 10 Apr 2017 09:07

This takeover stinks, I know for a fact Chris Samuelson is all over this, and the Premier League are clearly exerting pressure on the FL over these guys. Can you imagine what will happen if we go up, get TV money, get relegated, get parachute money... I wonder where that will go?

Not only that but I'm still struggling to get my head around how the Thai consortium where making noises about long term and stability at the start of the season, but now they've got one hand on the land around the stadium, are happy to sell to anyone. Well, I can believe it, I just can't believe no one seems to be fussed?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 10 Apr 2017 09:11

blueroyals
windermereROYAL Didn`t take long for the gutter press long to throw a spanner in the works..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... -takeover/

Could've been the other way around. Telegraph have a quote from the EFL confirming they've approved the takeover, so presumably the club wanted to get it out "officially" when they caught wind of the story they were going to run with. Sounds most likely given the small amount of detail in the announcement.

That would explain the oddness of a Sunday night announcement

Phoenix Force

by Phoenix Force » 10 Apr 2017 09:16

Looks like idle speculative journalism to me. There is no precedent, nor, (I suspect) is there any legal foundation to deny a club its promotion based on existing ownership. The legal risks to the PL would be huge.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 10 Apr 2017 09:22

royal_rumble This takeover stinks, I know for a fact Chris Samuelson is all over this, and the Premier League are clearly exerting pressure on the FL over these guys. Can you imagine what will happen if we go up, get TV money, get relegated, get parachute money... I wonder where that will go?

Not only that but I'm still struggling to get my head around how the Thai consortium where making noises about long term and stability at the start of the season, but now they've got one hand on the land around the stadium, are happy to sell to anyone. Well, I can believe it, I just can't believe no one seems to be fussed?

The Thai's said they were looking for extra investment a long time ago. Perhaps having the backing of a couple of billionaires is part of the plan to deliver long term stability ?
The Thai's got their hands on everything associated with the club when they bought it from SJM. They haven't just got the land, and they haven't got permission to do anything on the land. The club have had several millions of pounds from the land.
The sale isn't really to 'anyone'. The Chinese have history (pretty positive history) of involv,net in football. Not at a high profile level, but they have put money into clubs before which seems to have worked.
I've not seen people making much sense on why this might be a bad deal. Would be interesting to have a bit more thought as to why. I think any take over is risky, lots go wrong but on what basis is this one a problem ?
The thing thatbemuses me is the PL involvement. If as has been regularly stated, the Hull problems related to people not involved here why are the PL making such a fuss. They raised no issues when QPR gained promotion through illegal means and seem fine with Cellini potentially owning a PL club despite have all sorts of convictions.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 10 Apr 2017 09:23

As expected our beloved club is sold as a plaything for two Chinese nobodies who think Reading is in London and will no doubt get bored in a couple of years and sell us once again like a old racehorse to the next corrupt money launderer

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 10 Apr 2017 09:32

Given that one of them has lived in the uk for a big portion of her life I suspect she knows where Reading is !

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 10 Apr 2017 09:34

Gunny Fishcake As expected our beloved club is sold as a plaything for two Chinese nobodies who think Reading is in London and will no doubt get bored in a couple of years and sell us once again like a old racehorse to the next corrupt money launderer

Odd assumptions to make about two people you have no idea about. The only facts we really have right now are these siblings are authentic billionaires and that the Chinese government have been trying to promote Chinese involvement in football, such as Chinese ownership of English clubs and purchasing high profile players for Chinese clubs.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 10 Apr 2017 09:41

tidus_mi2
Gunny Fishcake As expected our beloved club is sold as a plaything for two Chinese nobodies who think Reading is in London and will no doubt get bored in a couple of years and sell us once again like a old racehorse to the next corrupt money launderer

Odd assumptions to make about two people you have no idea about. The only facts we really have right now are these siblings are authentic billionaires and that the Chinese government have been trying to promote Chinese involvement in football, such as Chinese ownership of English clubs and purchasing high profile players for Chinese clubs.

Once bitten twice shy I imagine.

I understand the trepidation some fans have. If it's taken this long, then you'd hope the EFL have done a proper job checking them out.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Apr 2017 09:44

I don't think anyone knows what the two have in mind for the club, but on the basis they have already financed Stam's January spending spree and that they are already massively wealthy, I personally don't think they are here to asset strip or make a quick profit.

If anything our current owners have far more form in terms of trying to make a profit out of the club, and haven't really hidden the fact they are more interested in Royal Elm Park than the club itself. I'd rather have owners who are there for the football club

Ideally they will come in, clear the debts and provide a few quid for Stam to invest in the team and get on with trying to get the club up. Hopefully they'll see it as some sort of status symbol to look after and show off to their rich mates about

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 10 Apr 2017 09:50

genome
tidus_mi2

I understand the trepidation some fans have. If it's taken this long, then you'd hope the EFL have done a proper job checking them out.

They checked out Anton. what could possibly go wrong? :shock:

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 10 Apr 2017 09:51

Why would they clear the 'debt' ?
The Thai's did that (as far as any external debt is concerned) and the debt will just transfer to the Chinese. If we owed money to the IR or St John's you would want it paid off but when it is just debt owned to the owners it's a bit irrelevant isn't it ?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 10 Apr 2017 09:54

windermereROYAL
genome
tidus_mi2 Odd assumptions to make about two people you have no idea about. The only facts we really have right now are these siblings are authentic billionaires and that the Chinese government have been trying to promote Chinese involvement in football, such as Chinese ownership of English clubs and purchasing high profile players for Chinese clubs.

There was no reason why Anton would have failed anything. He had no convictions, no suspicions of being crooked and had proof of way more funds than required. No checks would have revealed that 2 years later his main backer would turn off his funds...

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 10 Apr 2017 09:56

windermereROYAL
genome
tidus_mi2 Odd assumptions to make about two people you have no idea about. The only facts we really have right now are these siblings are authentic billionaires and that the Chinese government have been trying to promote Chinese involvement in football, such as Chinese ownership of English clubs and purchasing high profile players for Chinese clubs.

Key phrase "you'd hope" :lol:

I don't remember it taking this long last time.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 10 Apr 2017 10:36

genome
tidus_mi2

There is no problem with being cautious about the whole situation and considering the mess with Zingarevich it is understandable but throwing around baseless accusations (not that you personally were doing it) seems to do nothing but attempt to spread fear and uncertainty about the takeover situation that could well be unfounded.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 10 Apr 2017 10:39

You should be used to the histrionics by now

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 10 Apr 2017 10:54

Surely the best way to be able to get an insight into these guys as owners is to look at what they've done elsewhere?

Last June Xiu Li took over KSV Roeselare. Some good information on her involvement there is available at TTE: http://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/201 ... inesswoman from a Belgian article on KW: http://kw.knack.be/west-vlaanderen/spor ... 51335.html

The synopsis is:
- The club had 5 years of financial instability and almost gone bankrupt 10 times beforehand. Since Xiu Li has been involved their debts have been cleared
- Sporting performance remains with the CEO (so you'd assume Tevreden would be left to do his job)
- The club have been able to proactive in the transfer market since
- They continue to work economically and smarter than the rest ("the Reading way")

So, not piling in the cash, but giving a base to build on whilst letting the club do its thing. Isn't that ideal for what we want?

They also own Beijing Renhe in the China League One (second division). The club were purchased by Renhe Commercial Holding Co. Ltd (with both Dai Yongge and Dai Xiu Li on the board) back in 2012. they were relegated in 2015, finishing 4th in the second tier last season.

Interestingly, two Chinese players are currently on loan at Roeselare - Sun Weizhe and Li Chenglong.

It also appears that when Xiu Li brought Ayub Masika from Lierse last month he always has the option of going to Roeselare or Reading (whether that was then or in future I don't know... http://www.voetbalbelgie.be/nl/article.php?id=120776

Tried looking at both clubs to see if anything in common (e.g. sponsors), but haven't been able to yet.

All in all, reason to be cautiously optimistic. At least they seem to both be into football.

and with Tiger/Narin staying involved to a lesser extent, would be a shame to lose those two entirely.

948 posts