Anyone For Chinese?

948 posts
wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Anyone For Chinese?

by wingnut » 28 Nov 2016 14:21

According to CW, it wasn't Dai or his sister that failed the FPPT but others in the consortium. It's currently unclear whether others - or if it would be the same "others" - would be involved in RFC.

yuomi

by yuomi » 28 Nov 2016 14:22

winchester_royal
NewCorkSeth
winchester_royal
This isn't true though is it

That part might well be true..

Looks like I might owe blueroyals an apology.

From what I can tell through fairly limited digging, £15m worth of shares were alloted to the football club in consideration for the land in May last year.

Since that point the shares have been gradually transferred across to a company called 'Empire Asset Group PTE limited', which it seems to be at the point now where the football club actually has no share holding in the Prop Co. Not sure if the football club received anything for the transfer of shares but somehow I doubt it..

Will be very interesting to see the club accounts when they're released in the next couple of months.

This figures as the Thai's major domo Pairoj Piempongsant whose son is here owns the Empire Asia Group (http://theempireasia.com/)

He was Thaksin's point man at MCFC and, somewhere along the line, Kia Joorabchian is tied to the whole mess as well.
Last edited by yuomi on 28 Nov 2016 14:34, edited 1 time in total.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 28 Nov 2016 14:32

wingnut According to CW, it wasn't Dai or his sister that failed the FPPT but others in the consortium. It's currently unclear whether others - or if it would be the same "others" - would be involved in RFC.

If that's the case, why don't the two of them just go back and purchase Hull? I suppose we're a far cheaper option but still

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 28 Nov 2016 14:33

Wouldn't mind seeing a picture of these 2. can't imagine what a Chinese brother looks like tbh

yuomi

by yuomi » 28 Nov 2016 14:36

Winston Smith Wouldn't mind seeing a picture of these 2. can't imagine what a Chinese brother looks like tbh

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 28 Nov 2016 14:38

yuomi Apparently these are the guys who nearly bought Hull from Allam, only for 'members' of their consortium to fail the fit and proper person test. Given the number of questionable characters who've cleared that hurdle they must have some lovely mates.

what could go wong etc

Stockport Royal

by Stockport Royal » 28 Nov 2016 14:43

Whenever I hear of a potential takeover, I like to be optimistic that our new foreign owners will plough in the cash and turn us into the next Man City.

Then I read this;

'The pair own Chinese football club Beijing Renhe FC, who were relegated from the Super League last season into China League One.'

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 28 Nov 2016 14:45

No real surprise - understandably the Thais have always been looking for additional investment (remember those Monaco talks?).

I guess the big question is if Tiger & Co. look to offload the entire shareholding; maybe it's just one of them pulling out - who knows.

Other consortium remain interested (reportedly one American, another Chinese). It wouldn't surprise me if there are more they have been speaking with too.

GetReading have the names of one group to have held talks, so it appears for the moment are rolling with the brother and sister headline.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 28 Nov 2016 14:46

All the Thais (bar Tiger) have done one due to the planning permission knockback. We're so skint that the players have been told not to swap shirts after matches, too.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 28 Nov 2016 14:48

Until we reach the cup final there's no real reason for shirt swapping anyway

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Nov 2016 14:51

Just when things started to appear good with a bit of stability and everyone pushing in the right direction. I have a bad feeling about this.

Hope this going on in the background won't serve as a distraction to the team on the pitch.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 28 Nov 2016 14:53

royalp-we No real surprise - understandably the Thais have always been looking for additional investment (remember those Monaco talks?).

There's a difference between additional investment & selling a controlling stake though, surely

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 Nov 2016 15:03

yuomi
Winston Smith Wouldn't mind seeing a picture of these 2. can't imagine what a Chinese brother looks like tbh

Smoking hot.

George_

by George_ » 28 Nov 2016 15:03

Always thank the Thai's for saving the club from administration but they've even said in the past that we need extra investment.

They have probably taken us as far as they can and stead the ship and if the Chinese pass the fit and proper test then i have don't have a problem with extra cash being pumped into the club.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Nov 2016 15:04

yuomi

She's no Sasima..

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 28 Nov 2016 15:11

George_ if the Chinese pass the fit and proper test then i have don't have a problem with extra cash being pumped into the club.

There's a lot of club owners that have passed that test that aren't

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 28 Nov 2016 15:16

only the good....

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Nov 2016 15:18

kwik-silva
George_ if the Chinese pass the fit and proper test then i have don't have a problem with extra cash being pumped into the club.

Anton passed the test and we all know how that turned out.

Anyone good at e-digging find out how much the bloke is worth? Seeings how he spent more money in 1 acquisition than his sister's networth I assume it's considerably more.

yuomi

by yuomi » 28 Nov 2016 15:29

CountryRoyal
kwik-silva

Anton passed the test and we all know how that turned out.

Anyone good at e-digging find out how much the bloke is worth? Seeings how he spent more money in 1 acquisition than his sister's networth I assume it's considerably more.

in 2008 he was the 225th richest man in China. Given what the last 8 years have been like for that economy I can't imagine that's decreased.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2008/74/chinarichest08_Dai-Yongge_7MPJ.html

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 28 Nov 2016 15:32

blueroyals They came in, sold the land surrounding the stadium (worth £millions) to "RFC PLOT 1, 2, 3 LTD" (which they own) for a nominal fee and then sold the club on minus the land. They'll probably now sell the land on for a tidy profit (with PP). We've essentially been asset stripped.

Who could possibly have foreseen that happening?

Charless Watts told us all that the Thai's didn't have money to invest; hence the training ground being put on hold, and the need to trim the wage bill and then replenish the squad with low cost signings and free's. Fair play to them though, they brought in a manager that has made it work, and no one expected the results we're seeing this season - but the Thai's attraction, again backed up by Charles previously, was the land. That's how Sir John sold the club to them.

I don't know if they have sold the land around the ground already, but it would certainly make sense when it's been their intention for some time to sell the club on to someone with deeper pockets.

Perhaps accusing them of assest stripping is a litle harsh, but that is essentially what they'll have done when they wash their hands with the football club - made money from the land around the stadium, managed our debt to fend off administration, and then flog the football club along with the debt which hasn't been paid off, and as mentioned previously, has increased slightly since their take-over.

These Chinese make me nervous. I don't like consortiums, and I don't like property developers, but as always all we can do is hope for the best.

948 posts